Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 3 build up and outlook

Paul

Posted

Tour 1 draws to a close today, as it's changeover day into tour 2. That means it's time to start counting down to tour 3, this one is another three car tour with 11 guests + 4 members of staff on the tour. 

Weather wise it's obviously a long way off, but we can still take an early look, particularly when it's looking as active as this on day 1!

t3-weather1.png t3-weather2.png

I'll be sending out the pre-departure info packs to everyone this afternoon, so please shout if you haven't received one by this evening. Meantime, feel free to ask if you have any questions at all, and stay tuned for more weather updates over the next 10 days.

Edited by Paul

Posted

That's all the info packs sent out, so please do let me know if you're on the tour and haven't received one. 

It's a bit quiet in hrere ;)

Looks like Tour 2 are doing well, to say the least!  I've had a quick look at the models for the weekend onwards for Tour 3, but I'm no expert.  High CAPE and LIs still around into early next week, especially Texas, but welcome more expert opinions :)

Also, anyone else on flight BA1504 from Heathrow on Saturday morning?

Posted

I assume Sat is changeover day and Tour 3 starts tomorrow. I'm currently in SW South Dakota visiting Mt Rushmore and I had Monday's risk up here in mind BUT latest NAM4 has caught my eye for OK panhandle. I'll check again in a few hours but some potential for sure and a back-breaking relocation tonight may be in order.

Could be a good start to T3 though 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow

If you get the time check out the Crazy Horse memorial too, it's a short drive from Mt Rushmore and worth a visit.

Posted

That's tour 3 underway, another 3 car tour here are the runners and riders!

Staff
Paul Sherman
Ian Michaelwaite
Graham Moore
Daniel Sherman

Guests
Mike (chase virgin)
Thomas (chase virgin)
Kris
Frosso (chase virgin)
Ashleigh
John
Alex (chase virgin)
Rob
Carmen (chase virgin)
Paul (chase virgin)
Julie (chase virgin)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: want to find thunder-snow
2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

you best keep the doors locked, I've never seen so many virgins in one place at one time...

....not since the school disco!

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Better late than never...

The tour 3 gang on the road to New Mexico yesterday... (and then Childress for the last night)

IMG_20160608_130345.jpg

IMG_20160607_175521.jpg

• Like 3