Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm risk - Monday 9th May onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental. Dry air, storms and snow.

Ha ha. Oh it wasn't me, saw it in the local rag and tracked it down in YouTube. Yeah and always worried about the commentary too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
13 hours ago, William Grimsley said:

You don't take your phone with you when you're out and about? That's worrying! :O

I didn't take it because i was with hubs and he has his, and we weren't going to be long. I even take my phone fine mins up the road to get bubs from school, but just didn't want to carry it around a supermarket and do what i do best, leave it somewhere (have left it on the floor of the school cloakroom before). normally I would, it was a one off!

@Surrey you were spot on saying MK was in a sweet zone, it was quite amazing storm to see, (although i never heard any rumbles from it:cc_confused:)

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Not sure whether to start getting excited about potential on Friday or not. At least there will be some nice warm weather about for a weekend sorting out our garden area : )

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

My thinking is that chances for storms across S-UK in particular have improved slightly on latest projections.

It appears that more heat and moisture encroaches across the south, combined with a series of troughs affecting different regions, initially SW-UK following S-UK and Wales on Saturday.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Looking increasingly good for my area then, @weather09! Surely, this has got to be our chance at seeing something now!

Posted
3 hours ago, Dami said:

I didn't take it because i was with hubs and he has his, and we weren't going to be long. I even take my phone fine mins up the road to get bubs from school, but just didn't want to carry it around a supermarket and do what i do best, leave it somewhere (have left it on the floor of the school cloakroom before). normally I would, it was a one off!

Alright, just thought you would be risking your safety, anyway back onto the thread...

Posted

Evening/overnight for me! Maybe a new thread should be created but not sure if this upcoming spell is significant enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers
10 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Evening/overnight for me! Maybe a new thread should be created but not sure if this upcoming spell is significant enough.

Significance seems to be rising though, so worth considering perhaps.

Will be setting up my camper bed in the back of the van if it looks like continuing into the night so I can chase further if need be...

Perhaps the govt can pass a law that states plume events only happen after 5pm on a Friday?

• Like 1

Posted

I would strongly suggest caution as it is a largely subtle change in the models. What has led me to believe that chances have improved is largely driven by the FAX chart indicating troughs which should be sufficient triggers to release the instability (CAPE) modelled. In the absence of the troughs (which lets face it, move/disappear/appear each model update) then I think potential falls away again.

The detail of whether storms will occur is still unknown - when, where, how (etc.) even less known

Edited by Harry

Posted
16 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

Significance seems to be rising though, so worth considering perhaps.

Will be setting up my camper bed in the back of the van if it looks like continuing into the night so I can chase further if need be...

Perhaps the govt can pass a law that states plume events only happen after 5pm on a Friday?

That would be nice!

Posted
1 minute ago, William Grimsley said:

That would be nice!

Over the past few years, the majority of storms I have witnessed have been at night (including those in early April and this weekend just past)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 hour ago, William Grimsley said:

yep, why not...lol............new thread incoming

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

New thread here ----------------> 

Locking this one now

• Like 1