Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm risk - Monday 9th May onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
2 minutes ago, knocker said:

Moderate rain shower here just passed.

Nice! Have you seen any lightning flashes to the SE yet?

Posted
1 minute ago, William Grimsley said:

Nice! Have you seen any lightning flashes to the SE yet?

I haven't actually been keeping a lookout but no haven't noticed any.

• Like 1

Posted

No heavy rain here over the last few hours must be hit and miss just boring light rain and doesn't feel as humid, 90% sure nothing will happen here tonight so i be off to the land of nod, a little hope for tomorrow but will have to wait and see.

Good luck :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

June 5th 1983 for me down here, nothing has topped it since unfortunately.

2016-05-09 (1).png

Worth noting for tomorrow evening..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Would've only been 3 when this happened. I do remember very far back as a nipper being incredibly scared a few times though. This may well have been one of them. It really isn't just selective memory! 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
11 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Would've only been 3 when this happened. I do remember very far back as a nipper being incredibly scared a few times though. This may well have been one of them. It really isn't just selective memory! 

Ahhh memories 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Today`s Mercury transit
Top right hand quadrant there`s a sunspot,,,,,
Bottom left hand quadrant is the planet Mercury.

taken with a Panasonic HC-V10 through a homemade lens made from a Baader solar Sun filter sheet

shows up a bit better on the timelapse

S1030041.JPG

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, tomjwlx said:

What about July 2013 think it was the 19th or 20th a storm moved up the bristol channel coast from Weston super mare up towards Avonmouth area, that would have passed right over your house.

Yes you're right, stupidly forgot that one - it was even on my birthday - 23rd July! That was driest most severe storm I've seen if that makes sense. Copious thunder and lightning but no that much rain at all here. It was 29th July 2013 that brought tropical-type rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, gales, all extreme weather really!
10 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

This is still the most severe storm I've ever seen - was 15 at the time, it was a beautiful calm and sunny day, 27c, then mid afternoon what looked like cirrostratus (must have been the anvil) came over the whole sky and then in the distance all I could see was forked lightning at least once a second but often even more across the whole horizon.  This got closer and closer and the sky was vividly bright green and was full of continuous lightning that seemed to be raining down everywhere and sounded like bombs all around the house!  Went on for a long time and I could hear my heart banging - going mad in my ears with the combined excitement and terror - I've always loved storms and remember the many 80's and 90's epic night storms - every year I hold out hope that it may happen again but those types of storms just stay on the continent mainly now or the rare times that happen I'm away on holiday!  Hey ho, 2016 has been far more convective already for me than recent years so fingers crossed for another 1994 carol kirkwood humdinger this year! 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Warnings have been updated

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

Forecast has changed a lot, more likely to have thunderstorms here today. Lovely this morning though 

DSC_0047.JPG

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
20 minutes ago, MattTarrant said:

Forecast has changed a lot, more likely to have thunderstorms here today. Lovely this morning though 

DSC_0047.JPG

yep increased chance for thunder in the warning area which is essentially southern england and beeb put particular focus on SW england

Posted
9 hours ago, James1979 said:

This is still the most severe storm I've ever seen - was 15 at the time, it was a beautiful calm and sunny day, 27c, then mid afternoon what looked like cirrostratus (must have been the anvil) came over the whole sky and then in the distance all I could see was forked lightning at least once a second but often even more across the whole horizon.  This got closer and closer and the sky was vividly bright green and was full of continuous lightning that seemed to be raining down everywhere and sounded like bombs all around the house!  Went on for a long time and I could hear my heart banging - going mad in my ears with the combined excitement and terror - I've always loved storms and remember the many 80's and 90's epic night storms - every year I hold out hope that it may happen again but those types of storms just stay on the continent mainly now or the rare times that happen I'm away on holiday!  Hey ho, 2016 has been far more convective already for me than recent years so fingers crossed for another 1994 carol kirkwood humdinger this year! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Thoroughly murky and damp here this morning. Muggy though.

Looking at the satellite, it seems unlikely there'll be much brightness today, unless what is plaguing is at the moment is low cloud and it decides to lift.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
10 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

I remember quite a few storms like this in the 80's and 90's in SE England. Several even gave daytime darkness! Those ones scared the crap out of me lol but were also very exciting. The nighttime storms meant a sleepless night but worth it! Hopefully we're moving back towards a more thundery few years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Gordon Webb said:

Warnings have been updated

Gist being rainfall now less likely to cause flooding, but likelihood of thundery downpours is higher...leading to surface water....erm..flooding.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Surprisingly the sun is out here. It did rain earlier but it hasn't for a few hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Quite incredible seeing dewpoints up to 15-16'c in places. If people don't mind me asking what effects do dewpoints have on thunderstorms?

Posted

I have a feeling this mid level stuff may need to break a bit more than this to allow the heavy/thundery downpours at least down here, looks quite solid what's coming this way on Satellite atm, there is time though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
8 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

I have a feeling this mid level stuff may need to break a bit more than this to allow the heavy/thundery downpours at least down here, looks quite solid what's coming this way on Satellite atm, there is time though.

I think the storm come after the drizzly rain clears, in the evening / over night. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Sorry I couldn't clear the quote again :-/

so I'm confused by the forecasts because none of the ones I've read specify the timing for these storms. I'm assuming it's not for a while because it's raining here at the moment and nowhere on the radar do I see storms nearby (or evidence of any developing)