Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm risk - Monday 9th May onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Sky to my south looks quite iffy and the humidity is high. However, given there have already been some heavy-ish falls already with no atmospheric pop I'm inclined to think instability is not quite there and some more robust forcing will be needed sooner rather than later for the SE. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Loving the convection kicking off to the SW, I remember when this happened once one evening in 2014, and then it just exploded here later in the night. Hohohohoho, could it be?!

@knocker, can you see anything?

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
16 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Loving the convection kicking off to the SW, I remember when this happened once one evening in 2014, and then it just exploded here later in the night. Hohohohoho, could it be?!

@knocker, can you see anything?

Multi layered Ac, (not cas,). Quite a pleasant sky actually.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Sky to my south looks quite iffy and the humidity is high. However, given there have already been some heavy-ish falls already with no atmospheric pop I'm inclined to think instability is not quite there and some more robust forcing will be needed sooner rather than later for the SE. 

Ideally, you want one last break in the cloud, you can see clearly on the SAT where the sun is shining over France storms have gone up, although I suspect the temps and setup is slightly more favourable

I think the chance comes more so later overnight and into tomorrow.. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Ideally, you want one last break in the cloud, you can see clearly on the SAT where the sun is shining over France storms have gone up, although I suspect the temps and setup is slightly more favourable

Do you still think the rain coming in tomorrow may be thundery for us still?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
7 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Temps in France are haywire. Much warmer further north than mid or south. I'm not complaining about a wet and humid 21c, but further north and west it's been 27c.I think our Limousin turn will come tomorrow for storms. Those little storms are really trying to make it across the channel, but who knows. It looks like Spain has had an amazing day.

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Ahh now this is what summer is all about! Im quietly confident that there will be more storm activity after dark than is forcast...

• Like 1

Posted

Really hoping that this low cloud moves off this evening, would love to see some Cumulonimbus cloud anvils!

Just now, Spikecollie said:

Temps in France are haywire. Much warmer further north than mid or south. I think our Limousin turn will come tomorrow for storms. Those little storms are really trying to make it across the channel, but who knows. It looks like Spain has had an amazing day.

Thought so, it just shows imagine if we had the temps of yesterday with the long lengths of sunshine then this front pushing in like tonight...

Welcome to England 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Thought so, it just shows imagine if we had the temps of yesterday with the long lengths of sunshine then this front pushing in like tonight...

Welcome to England 

I'm coming back to the UK on Thursday and then we're both driving back and taking the ferry on Sunday. Looks like it'll warm back up again after a brief dip...

There's lots more fun to come, I'm sure...

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I'm coming back to the UK on Thursday and then we're both driving back and taking the ferry on Sunday. Looks like it'll warm back up again after a brief dip...

There's lots more fun to come, I'm sure...

Well, a good start must mean a good end, this year is starting to look like 2014 again and you know what that year turned out to be like here... incredible.

Posted

Can now see the wonderful anvils from the dying previous thunderstorms to the south now. You can see them in the distance on my Nest cam live stream here: https://video.nest.com/live/OIJL3I

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

quite a wind out there, getting darker and had a few drops of rain. The darker the cloud the more the wind drops tis odd.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

Being under the heaviest rain of the rain band (Bristol), the sky looking very dark, menacing, come on thunderrr!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looks like the southern tip of Cornwall could be in for a light show as daylight fades

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Looks like a bust for most of us. All the forecasts I read were for activity to at least start by now, but seeing as there's no electrical activity in central France and nothing has happened here in the eastern or central South can I assume the overnight potential is negligible?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Anyway.. To a proper radar..

Screenshot_2016-05-09-19-56-45.png

To France we look, especially early morning. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

What a waste of activity between the east coast of Ireland and the west coast of Wales. How often do we see that? Sea based storms

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Just now, Mapantz said:

Anyway.. To a proper radar..

Screenshot_2016-05-09-19-56-45.png

To France we look, especially early morning. 

yes, ties in with 12z NMM, keen to break out heavy showers/storms around daybreak for some southern parts :)

• Like 3