Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2017 Storm Chase - 3 places remaining

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Nearly into 2017! Then it starts feeling close :)

Just started looking about for flights now and there are some decent prices about. Is it best to aim to get there around midday / early afternoon or is early evening ok? When are the others on tour 1 arriving? I know occasionally there's been a bonus chase on arrival day so I'll aim for an earlier arrival, and I wouldn't want to be the only one needing picked up later! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
8 minutes ago, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

Just started looking about for flights now and there are some decent prices about. Is it best to aim to get there around midday / early afternoon or is early evening ok? When are the others on tour 1 arriving? I know occasionally there's been a bonus chase on arrival day so I'll aim for an earlier arrival, and I wouldn't want to be the only one needing picked up later! 

Probably best for the earlier in my opinion.

Edited by Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Hail, Torrential Rain
On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:00, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

Definitely feeling closer now, thankfully! I'm on tour 1 too, got a decent price on a one change from Heathrow, changing at Atlanta flying to Dallas Love. Arrival time at Dallas 17.37. A bonus chase day is always welcome. If we hadn't of had one last year on tour 1 then the Wray Tornado in Colorado would of been a massive loss to put it mildly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Lightning, Tornado, Hurricane, Heatwave
On 28/12/2016 at 11:00, multi cellular thunderstorm said:

Hey man, me and another mate are on the 1155 from LHR to DFW on the Monday 8th May. I always fly a day early to give me chance to settle at the base hotel and chill in the heat for a day! What flights did you go for?

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm on tour 1 and i'm flying in the day before and staying at the hotel. I get a coach from Weston Super Mare to Heathrow, then fly from Heathrow to Denver then Denver to Dallas so will need the sleep!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on tour 3 and really looking forward to it!

I'm looking to get my flights booked up soon now that xmas and the new year are behind us and at the moment it looks like I'll get for DFW on the afternoon / eve of 30-May. Is there a particular meeting point within DFW airport I need to head for or should I just make my way to the arrivals area? And is there a recommended hotel or a place where others will be staying for the night of 30th?

For the journey home, is the departure day still technically a chase day or is it ok to book a flight for the afternoon of 11-Jun?

Thanks!

Posted
13 hours ago, Jezza said:

I'm looking to get my flights booked up soon now that xmas and the new year are behind us and at the moment it looks like I'll get for DFW on the afternoon / eve of 30-May. Is there a particular meeting point within DFW airport I need to head for or should I just make my way to the arrivals area? And is there a recommended hotel or a place where others will be staying for the night of 30th?

For the journey home, is the departure day still technically a chase day or is it ok to book a flight for the afternoon of 11-Jun?

Thanks!

The usual hotel is the Best Western at Irving, you can get a free shuttle from the airport when you land. The usual plan is that everyone meets there :)

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-irving/best-western-irving-inn-suites-at-dfw-airport/propertyCode.44524.html

And departure day is the departure day, I don't think chasing usually occurs on that day! Unless you want to spend more time there then you can book a flight on the 11th. For example, I'm on Tour 2 which finishes on 30th May, changeover on the 31st, and my return flight is on the 31st.

Edited by Nick L

Posted

Think you mean last chase day is 30th and head home 31st Nick ?

Nick is correct in what he says above though, the arrival and departure days are not technically chase days they are the travel days.

If you are arriving a day earlier on the 30th we will still be on the last chase day of Tour 2 so just make your way to the Base Hotel, if you were coming in on the changeover day itself then we generally meet you at car rentals. All this information will be sent out in the welcome pack Paul M sends to you 3-4 weeks before the trip begins anyway.

Hope this helps

Posted
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Think you mean last chase day is 30th and head home 31st Nick ?

Nick is correct in what he says above though, the arrival and departure days are not technically chase days they are the travel days.

If you are arriving a day earlier on the 30th we will still be on the last chase day of Tour 2 so just make your way to the Base Hotel, if you were coming in on the changeover day itself then we generally meet you at car rentals. All this information will be sent out in the welcome pack Paul M sends to you 3-4 weeks before the trip begins anyway.

Hope this helps

Yeah that's what I meant just worded it badly! Edited to make more sense...

Edited by Nick L

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
1 hour ago, Paul said:

Paul Sherman the tour leader is from Essex :D 

Nobody's perfect I guess...

Posted
On 2/5/2017 at 16:33, LighteningjetAlly said:

Never done storm chasing before!

will be paying deposit for either 3/4 just trying to work dates out then look at flights! 

Anyone else from Essex? 

What part of Essex are you from ? And dont listen to Nick he is from Wolverhampton and talks funny

Posted
On 06/02/2017 at 18:09, Paul Sherman said:

What part of Essex are you from ? And dont listen to Nick he is from Wolverhampton and talks funny

Wash your mouth out.

• Like 1

Posted
On 2/6/2017 at 22:03, Paul Sherman said:

Yep Leigh On Sea as well. There is more than 1 weather nutter in our area then lol

Haha Yep though not much weather issues in Leigh on sea haha! we lucky if we get lightening! 

Many More from Leigh on sea, Essex in general area?

Maybe looking at doing tour 4? 

• Like 1

Posted
On 2/10/2017 at 15:16, Alison Braybrook said:

Haha Yep though not much weather issues in Leigh on sea haha! we lucky if we get lightening! 

Many More from Leigh on sea, Essex in general area?

Maybe looking at doing tour 4? 

Do It - Come join the party 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
On 2/10/2017 at 09:37, Nick L said:

Wash your mouth out.

He aint lying though is he Nick!!! 

Posted

I have signed up for Tour 3. Flying in on 27th May so I am going to have a few days visiting friends and solo exploring and chasing.

This will be my 2nd time with Netweather and 4th organised tour though I have chased with a mate 5 times other than that.

Posted
On 14/02/2017 at 08:48, Crashlanding said:

He aint lying though is he Nick!!! 

You shouldn't gang up with the southerners!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards
On 2/16/2017 at 20:59, Nick L said:

You shouldn't gang up with the southerners!!

its ok! they will get their turn! 

• 2 months later...
Posted
On 18/01/2017 at 08:27, Jezza said:

Thanks!

Hi, I'm flying into Dallas on the morning of 30th, pm me if you'd like to go for steak and a beer beforehand as I'll be at a loose end lol