Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2017 Storm Chase - 3 places remaining

Paul

Posted

Hi all!!

ive just paid my deposit for tour 3 next year and I cannot wait :-). (A very good way to make time slow down ;-) ). Wanted to do this since I can remember, always loved thunder and lightning and tornadoes. That coupled with my long nagging urge to get a decent lightning shot, how could I refuse to hold of any longer!! (The frustration of being in the no storms club in Weymouth I guess :-) :-) ).

well just wanted to check in and say hi and I look forward to meeting you all next year whoever is booking to go on tour 3! (I did want tour 2 but I got there late!)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: wild Thunderstorns

Flight is now booked ready for next year. Fly out from LHR terminal 5 on BA192 at 12pm on Monday 29th May. Can't wait to get out there again. Miss it so much

Edited by AndyR

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie
7 minutes ago, Stuart_W said:

Hi team.

Considering joining you again for next year. What's the availability at the moment for the tours (If any!)

details here Stuart http://www.weatherholidays.com/book.html 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Hi all, At the end of tour 3 I'm planning to fly out to Los Angeles & hire a car and drive back to DFW and see as much sights as I can, like Death Valley, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon & Hoover Dam, Red Rock, White Sands & other places also hopefully more supercells & tornado's. Would anybody from tour 3 would like to come along & see as much sights as they can ?. Still along way off yet but like to plan well in advance. Can only fit 3 more on the trip tho. Will depart DFW on 11th June 2017 in the evening & arrive back at DFW on 17th June 2017 or maybe a day earlier depending on your return flight home. Have a think about it & let me know if you want to come for the ride

Thanx

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I've been keeping an eye on these forums over the past couple of years having wanted to go storm chasing for quite a while. I've finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) and booked tour 3. Really looking forward to it! 

And @AndyR I could be up for the trip after-tour trip you mentioned too. 

Cheers for now

Jeremy

Edited by Jezza
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
On 19/08/2016 at 20:10, Jezza said:

Hi all, 

I've been keeping an eye on these forums over the past couple of years having wanted to go storm chasing for quite a while. I've finally pulled the trigger (so to speak) and booked tour 3. Really looking forward to it! 

Cheers for now

Jeremy

You won't regret it, trust me! Well, ignoring the potential storm chase addiction you'll become afflicted with.

Edited by Nick L
  • Like 2

Posted
On ‎19‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 20:10, Jezza said:

Hi all, 

Cheers for now

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, This will be my 3rd chase tour & it only gets better n better, your gonna have the time of your life. As for the after tour trip, that be something to remember.

Looking forward to meeting ya. see you on tour 3

Andy

Posted
14 hours ago, Nick L said:

You won't regret it, trust me! Well, ignoring the potential storm chase addiction you'll become afflicted with.

Totally agree with ya nick. Pure adrenaline rush

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Posted

Got my flights booked along with my 3 mates for T2! Got an indirect to Dallas Love Field for £470, not DFW but they are basically next door to each other in the grand scheme of things. A little over 6 months to go :D

• Like 2

Posted

An update has just come through from the USA.

Donald Trump, was heard to say that building the wall between Mexico & the USA was only the first of many..

A new wall will be built through TEXAS & OKLAHOMA in time for next years storm season to prevent tornadic outbreaks.

Why, because America has run out of money for support aid..:fool:

Watch out for the walls....:wallbash::oops:

Posted

In all seriousness, any would-be storm chasers who happen to be Muslim may be excluded before long :(

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
3 minutes ago, Stu Short said:

This will be my 4th chase Stateside but my first with the Netweather team and I'll on Tour 2. Looking forward to getting back out there and meeting you all. :)

See you there Stu :)

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Stu Short said:

Hi Nick, how did you manage to book flights to DLF for less than £500? Would appreciate the details on that one :D

Just check Expedia daily, as simple as that! The prices can halve overnight and double again a day later. Persistent checking can be tedious but it pays off. 

• Like 1

Posted

Righty ho.... so all my flights are paid for!! I'm heading to Los Angeles on 28th may for a few days to catch up with some friends and fellow music makers, I'll be in Dallas the day before tour 3 starts so if any other tour 3 people are there and fancy a beer or two, let me know :-), got a bargain on flights to Los Angeles, £377 return (seat was £1 rest was taxes).... ton British airways of all airlines... must say I was lucky and browsing at the right time as they rocketed to 800 for the same flights 2 days later.... win win!! The internal delta flights were not that badly priced either, so I'm going to be jet lag free and bushy tailed :-)

See you all there :-), 

Edited by James 'Jamie C' Croucher

Posted
26 minutes ago, James 'Jamie C' Croucher said:

Righty ho.... so all my flights are paid for!! I'm heading to Los Angeles on 28th may for a few days to catch up with some friends and fellow music makers, I'll be in Dallas the day before tour 3 starts so if any other tour 3 people are there and fancy a beer or two, let me know :-), got a bargain on flights to Los Angeles, £377 return (seat was £1 rest was taxes).... ton British airways of all airlines... must say I was lucky and browsing at the right time as they rocketed to 800 for the same flights 2 days later.... win win!! The internal delta flights were not that badly priced either, so I'm going to be jet lag free and bushy tailed :-)

See you all there :-), 

Just illustrates my point well, check daily, the prices are all over the place!

Will probably see you on changeover day :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

The BA sale started this week last year, so keep an eye out :)