Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

End of the week & weekend storm risk

Posted
5 minutes ago, STORMGUY said:

looks great on my webcam

Very nice, what's that crackling sound I keep hearing now and again?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Constant, deep rumbles here, brightening from the south. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Constant rumbles to my north currently. :) even some Mammatus cloud on the back edge. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Wow a 50mph gust on my weather station! That was some gust front. Didn't expect this

Edited by phil b
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
13 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Not sure that the northern French storms will export tonight, but there's still time. I'm sitting in my shorts and t-shirt just having had my evening meal. It's 22c in the house and 20c in the shade outside. I couldn't post the photos of today's amazing cloudscapes, but I'll try again later.

I'm pretty sure they will looking at the various charts and forecast. Showers are already developing in the English Channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Little annoyed things kicked off big time just to our north but impressive constant rumbles. Still, glad we got something. :)

Posted

Awesome watching that Walsall cell re-strengthen on radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Getting closer. 46 miles from that last Blitzortung strike. Interestingly it only seems to be picking up about  10% of all strikes that I can hear on the radio. Must be  predominately producing ICs. 

• Like 1

Posted

Holding out hope that intensification may happen around the peaks, with the help of nocturnal cooling. However the showers currently passing have turned out to be dud's, losing any instability they had as they pass Nottingham/Derby. At least with the moisture on the ground it can only help in tomorrows expectations of further thundery showers.

Posted

Marble size hail. constant flashing and booming over my head.  Unbelievable.  What a beast.

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
Just now, weather09 said:

Marble size hail. constant flashing and booming over my head.  Un-fooking-believable.  What a beast.

nice one! All thanks to that cell which clinged onto the edge of the old Stratford cell. Nice little storm here but sounds like it was quite something north of here. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

There's another CG on Blitzortung.  39 miles now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Very muggy here again. Was fresh for a short while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!
7 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Getting closer. 46 miles from that last Blitzortung strike. Interestingly it only seems to be picking up about  10% of all strikes that I can hear on the radio. Must be  predominately producing ICs. 

Glad to hear it. The way some people are describing these storms doesn't compare to how they look on the lightning detectors. Hoping they can hold together to give something tonight, even distant so that I can get some photos!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Storm has made its way up from bridge North and just getting here, deep rumbles and distant flashes this far. We are inline by looks! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I see the radar is picking up plenty of speckles across the channel?! Sods law- i've just finished pointing in a load of paving.  phil_34.gif 

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, Convective said:

Glad to hear it. The way some people are describing these storms doesn't compare to how they look on the lightning detectors. Hoping they can hold together to give something tonight, even distant so that I can get some photos!

Yep. I'm hearing strikes around  every 5 to 10 seconds on the radio but apparently nothing is registered on  The detectors for a while. 39 miles at the last fix. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Forks of lightening 2 miles off. Good thunder. Going just to the east of town, good stuff for the start of the season. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

yep that was a bit balmy.....Massive hail core moved to the North of the city... all caught on video and may have caught some lightning( which was all up in the couds) while burst shooting. all will be revealed post  demeadiafying 

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Any thoughts on the likelihood of storms tomorrow across the Cotswolds area just West of Banbury / Oxford?

Will be cycling around there from the morning til roughly 4pm and wondering whether to bring a waterproof jacket!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Amazing on Blitz...

The Birmingham area is the T&L center for the whole of Europe!!!!. Strikes were occurring at the rate of one a second not so long ago.

Make the most of it you Brummies  - it may never happen again. :D:D

The Stratford cell came over here as a developing storm. Nothing special but it went very dark, and the lightening was more in evidence to the north (over Bham).

We had steady fairly heavy rain for 20mins.

MIA

Posted
Just now, Arnie Pie said:

yep that was a bit balmy.....Massive hail core moved the North of the city all caught on video and may have caught some lightning while burst shooting. all will be revealed post  demeadiafying 

Can't wait to see the footage.  I was recording too so will have a look back at what I've got.  But that just went from 0 to big time storm in minutes. A not-so-well defined shelf cloud on approach, then just constant lightning and thunder, and short period of marble sized hail. When it went onward towards Walsall, there was simply not a moment of quietness, just lightning and thunder all the way. If you look at ATD detector you'll see a lot of strikes, but there's no way it picked up half of what was in there. 

Bar has been set high for this region this year.  

• Like 1