Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

TVN shutdown

matty40s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Tonight , TVNstormchaser platform has decided to shut down.

I am not sure of the politics behind this, or Pauls attempts to get Youtubeing with a live stream - but this site will be sadly missed as an advert free way to access live footage of severe weather across the \usa in storm season.

They did a grand job, and should be applauded for hosting what they did when others crashed and burned.

Posted

Sad to see this happen.  Was great to have access to so many chase streams in one place, and the quality of some of the streams was really good. Perhaps too good to last.  Wonder if the outage that occurred on Tuesday is related in any way to this... 

Not sure where to go from here.  Obviously will be watching Netweather chase stream, but one isn't going to be enough on the big risk days.  There is one other place, but I liked TVN's clear and simple map layout, and, again, the quality of the streaming.

Shame.

• Like 1

Posted

This is a great shame. I know they had tech issues on Tues, and I sincerely hope they didn't get overly criticised for it. 

It will be greatly missed by virtual chasers and those in the field alike - the alternatives were never as good IMO

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

I was actually on there when it disappered, i was watching Kelly Williamson, then i noticed how blank the map was, so i refreshed the page, and got

the message, they had shutdown

Posted

This is such a shame, I used to enjoy watching these live streams before I went to bed. I hope they can resolve any issues or problems and get back online soon. I'd even be happy to pay a subscription fee if it meant it coming back :-) 

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Such a shame and frustrating too as the chase season is getting into full swing when they decide to pull the plug. Can't think of many alternatives with so many chasers streaming live, severe studios is ok if you use a laptop/desktop but the streams may not run on tablets or phones given the software they use. ChaserTV - not many seem to use as a platform. Will have a look around to what others there are, certainly plenty of streams on different platforms, but not lots on one like TVN.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Hi Nick,there is Stormvue live but there doesn't seem to be many chasers on that

http://www.stormviewlive.com/

don't want to de-rail the thread,but kelley williamson and charles peek are on a cell nr Plainview NW Texas,will look at severe studios though,thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Daniel shaw is NE of lubbock on this stream,quiet stable too,he is the only one on there though.

http://www.severestorms.com.au/index.php/us-chasing/live-streaming-youtube.html

nice meso

Untitled i.pngUntitled y.pngUntitled iy.png

Edited by Allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Extreme Weather

Severe storm studios are testing a new setup similar to TVN with chat. david drummond posted a screenshot of it the day of the closedown. Gutted since I love TVN