Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Come on peeps...Not only is it 'only the weather', but summer's not even two-weeks' old yet...:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 hours ago, CreweCold said:

We can only wait and see and assess after the summer has been and gone, no?

Fact of the matter is, no output presented at present provides any evidence to the contrary, does it?

How about we wait and see, then assess after the period in question is over?  After your calamity of putting a February CET  at around 3°C, I know where my thoughts lie. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
58 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Come on peeps...Not only is it 'only the weather', but summer's not even two-weeks' old yet...:D

True! I shall say no more on the preferred temperature argument. Hopefully there'll be something for everyone this summer, that's what our climate is traditionally known as - changeable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Apologies for a totally uneccesary and as it seems mistaken post.

Edited by Relativistic

Posted
17 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

Were the Netweather forecasters not also predicting a colder than average February?

Go on, I dare you to PM GP and tell him that his forecast was a calamity.

Nope. http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-forecast-2015;sess=

feb.jpg

GP did not issue a winter forecast for Netweather.

Edited by Nouska
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

How about we wait and see, then assess after the period in question is over?  After your calamity of putting a February CET  at around 3°C, I know where my thoughts lie. :)

You're like a broken record with that one. Get over it. I await your upcoming thoughts on the long term trends with interest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Back to discussion on this Summer 2016 as per thread title please, Thanks.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
4 hours ago, B87 said:

Based on Weather Online's forecast, it looks like we could see the cloudiest June on record, just 4 years after 2012 smashed the previous record with 118.5 hours (it beat 1990 with 132.5 hrs).  24 of the last 30 summer months have seen below average sunshine, when will we get a good run of average or above average sunshine summer months?

Very surprised to hear that as it's felt like a very sunny month so far in these parts. We've had a number of days of close to unbroken sunshine from start to finish, I imagine at least one in excess of 15 hours in Manchester (I don't have official statistics on this). But in the NW it has been a very good month so far- just a shame the rain has arrived here this afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Sorry but it also gets boring when we've had 3 minutes of warm-ish (not even hot) weather and the whining begins. Like it's so much nicer having to wear 10 layers of clothing as we do the other 9 months of the year in this miserable cold and damp climate. If everyone loves cool temps then why do millions (not hundreds or thousands) of Brits go to hotter countries on their holidays? To escape the dull chill of our wonderful UK perhaps? Yes, we're all different, fair enough. I just don't get why there's so much upset after a day or two of moderately warm weather? I'd totally understand it if we had a month or two of temps in the 30's C but it's barely gotten above 25C anywhere and only then only briefly. It was snowing in many places only 6 weeks ago, hideous! Anyway, looks like you'll be getting your preferred cool and cloudy conditions for a while now, enjoy them lol, I'll be checking the charts for a heatwave :)

I feel like a broken record. Fact people go abroad to enjoy the weather and culture when they are on holiday,that  i totally get,i've done it many times to hot countries and enjoyed it. Drink by the pool,lazy days yep i get it. Fact having to work in humid(yes this is humid i should know due to my job) coupled with the increase in temp makes this weather simply more tiring,the majority would agree, To call this whining proves my point is way off the mark,insulting in fact.,we are all entitled to our opinion,not to be mocked. Where the 10 layers of clothes and the 9 months comes from i have no idea  i take it it's  just a figure of speech. Oh and yes and before you have a rant i to would not say no to a heatwave....if only to keep you happy!!:)

• Like 3

Posted
17 minutes ago, markyo said:

Fact having to work in humid(yes this is humid

Yes i know what you mean today is certainly humid and yet others days have that feeling and yet its only 45% or so humidity. I remember the Spanish plume last year it felt humid and i measured it and it was only 35%or so. I wonder if lower pressure in the atmosphere has this humidity affect? I need an expert to answer this as im intrigued:fool:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
40 minutes ago, markyo said:

I feel like a broken record. Fact people go abroad to enjoy the weather and culture when they are on holiday,that  i totally get,i've done it many times to hot countries and enjoyed it. Drink by the pool,lazy days yep i get it. Fact having to work in humid(yes this is humid i should know due to my job) coupled with the increase in temp makes this weather simply more tiring,the majority would agree, To call this whining proves my point is way off the mark,insulting in fact.,we are all entitled to our opinion,not to be mocked. Where the 10 layers of clothes and the 9 months comes from i have no idea  i take it it's  just a figure of speech. Oh and yes and before you have a rant i to would not say no to a heatwave....if only to keep you happy!!:)

I agree, when temps are knocking on the mid 20's indoors without having the central heating on and my hygrometer has been consistently showing 70-78% humidity for days on end then this hasn't been a brief warm spell at all. Very rarely does it get this sticky in here. I've lived in this house since the mid 70's & it has to build up over time to get to this level. Normally it's a cold house and it takes a lot to get it this warm. It seems for some reason this humid weather has been very localised to your area, mine, western Scotland, N. Midlands, Wales, Ireland. I have been taking note of the dew points as well over the past week or so and most days they have been a lot lower in other areas of the country as has the humidity percentage. So in those areas people are wondering what the fuss is about, plus they have had a lot less sunshine too. I guess it's all down to IMBY'ism.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted

Personally the recent temperatures have been just fine - and I've been trudging around in it as much as anyone. In fact the only complaint I've had over the past couple of weeks is when there's been a breeze, something I only welcome when it gets really hot (which for me is hardly ever in this country). Hope the nice weather doesn't stay away for too long.

Yeah I know, we're all different etc. etc...

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
5 hours ago, CreweCold said:

You're like a broken record with that one. Get over it. I await your upcoming thoughts on the long term trends with interest.

Sorry buddy, but you're tooting your own horn way too much with your apparent success re an early June warm spell. It is very unbecoming. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Getting back on topic some what....

A mix of showers or longer spells of rain next week winds will be light for most so any showers / rain are likely to be slow moving and possibly thundery temps back closer to the seasonal average for most parts any sunshine will be quite limited where it is sunny that's likely to trigger off some thunderstorms

Later next high pressure could (briefly) move up from the SW settling things down for the weekend

46434.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36504827

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Sorry buddy, but you're tooting your own horn way too much with your apparent success re an early June warm spell. It is very unbecoming. 

I didn't fire the first ammunition.....of course I'm going to defend myself if someone tries to hatchet job me. I wouldn't have even said anything ordinarily. I merely made a point about La Nina and the upcoming weather in the first instance. I don't see how this could warrant the mud slinging that ensued.

• Like 2

Posted

28c(27.8) looks like the highest temp of the week from Wales. We now are entering an unsettled period with lower temps but still will be reasonable but cloudier and generally more humid with light winds but won't feel as oppressive with lower temps.

Posted

The humidity of the last several days has been replaced by fresher more comfortable conditions this morning,a welcome change for myself if not for many who prefer that type of weather,i just think you can do a lot more in these slightly lower temps/humid days than in the last week,i certainly have lost the headache and feel more energised! May actually have to do those house jobs i've put off doing last week!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

The humidity of the last several days has been replaced by fresher more comfortable conditions this morning,a welcome change for myself if not for many who prefer that type of weather,i just think you can do a lot more in these slightly lower temps/humid days than in the last week,i certainly have lost the headache and feel more energised! May actually have to do those house jobs i've put off doing last week!

Interesting observation considering the humidity is higher in most areas compared to most days during the last two weeks. Today is the first day where the humidity is mentioned in local and national forecasts. It is still warm as well with temperatures hitting 20C already. Also many places in England and Wales didn't drop below 15C last night, that kind of backs up the warm and humid feel.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Interesting observation considering the humidity is higher in most areas compared to most days during the last two weeks. Today is the first day where the humidity is mentioned in local and national forecasts. It is still warm as well with temperatures hitting 20C already. Also many places in England and Wales didn't drop below 15C last night, that kind of backs up the warm and humid feel.

Strange that,Feels a lot fresher by me ,just got to 13c so sounds like a local thing,to be honest i don't hold much virtue to the media forecasts,i find it's much better to listen to the guy's on this site,including yourself who provide a much better picture of the upcoming weather. I travel over 50k a year with my job and the difference in forecast and actual weather can be markedly different to that shown through main stream media. Suppose that's the enjoyment of our wonderful climate.......ok that may be pushing it!

Posted

My oh my! The CET for June is at 15.9 for the first third! This is way above average. If we end up with High Pressure pushing up from the south for the last third this month could be the warmest for many years. All up in the air at the moment though:D

Edited by Matthew Wilson

Posted
5 hours ago, markyo said:

Strange that,Feels a lot fresher by me ,just got to 13c so sounds like a local thing,to be honest i don't hold much virtue to the media forecasts,i find it's much better to listen to the guy's on this site,including yourself who provide a much better picture of the upcoming weather. I travel over 50k a year with my job and the difference in forecast and actual weather can be markedly different to that shown through main stream media. Suppose that's the enjoyment of our wonderful climate.......ok that may be pushing it!

It's not fresher at all today, cooler perhaps in terms of temperature but not fresher in terms of the humidity- last night was one of the warmest nights of the year for most.

Posted

The models don't liok 

10 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

It's not fresher at all today, cooler perhaps in terms of temperature but not fresher in terms of the humidity- last night was one of the warmest nights of the year for most.

Yeah feels a couple of degrees cooler here (22c) compared to the last few days. Still pretty humid though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers