Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Here come the heat if you want something fresher head to the east coast many inland locations will be very warm and possible feeling humid

CkIV8XaUYAASap_.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms
42 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Is the 'Cold blob' changing summer weather?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36446955

Won't work for me, could be an area restriction on the video. Anyone care to summarise?

Posted
1 minute ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Won't work for me, could be an area restriction on the video. Anyone care to summarise?

Any luck with this link?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Should be the 3rd video on Features & Analysis

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Any luck with this link?

Nope. Tried it in IE and Chrome, but no luck. I might try it on Hola later, should work then if it's blocked outside of the UK..

Posted
3 minutes ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Iapennell gave a bit of info on that in his revised June prediction. Read his post on his main page, 20th May. I would quote it here but dont know how to

Posted
2 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Iapennell gave a bit of info on that in his revised June prediction. Read his post on his main page, 20th May. I would quote it here but dont know how to

On his post click what I've circled in red and post the link into this thread it will direct link the post

4363464.png

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Cheers. I've read his thoughts on it, but curious to see the BBC/Met Office take on things

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

An absolutely vile and depressing start to summer here, but the next few days look much better at last. Shame I had this week off work and not next! Gutted lol.

Posted

we've had a lovely start to the summer down here.  one day of rain in the last two weeks. warm temperatures and warm nights.  really nice to be fair.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!
3 hours ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Yes i saw that earlier. Very interesting! I really hope it improves probabilitys of higher pressure. As Summer continues im sure all will be revealed.

I have noticed that this Cold Blob, as this area of cooler than normal water in the North Atlantic has been unflatteringly referred to, has been around the best part of 18 months. Its presence has been an important factor in my prediction of a chilly wet spring this year (not far wrong with March and April, May proved to be wide of the mark). 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
10 hours ago, cheese said:

You're joking right? It was only 20C -even with 79% humidity there is no  way that is uncomfortable. Have you been checked for health conditions? Overweight? 

I work in 100% humidity conditions with my job so fully understand humidity and with temps over 90c in the rooms i'm in makes one very attuned to feeling the uncomfortable nature of humidity. On my days off the last thing i can tolerate is any kind of humidity. Hate it and nothing to do with health or weight thank you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Unbelievably yet another clag fest here, that's the 7th depressing day on the trot now. It does look much more likely to burn off today, potentially quite a warm day if it does :D

Posted
31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Unbelievably yet another clag fest here, that's the 7th depressing day on the trot now. It does look much more likely to burn off today, potentially quite a warm day if it does :D

Same up here in Darlington but the cloud is thinning and the sun is just break through Sat24 shows it thinning for most areas now which have had a cloudy start

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, BornFromTheVoid said:

Cheers. I've read his thoughts on it, but curious to see the BBC/Met Office take on things

The video mentioned that the colder water could impede hurricane activity in a pattern that would otherwise likely deliver an active season due to La Nina developing. Effects on UK / NW Europe only mentioned briefly at the end - if the wind patterns continue as normal we're likely to see colder conditions as the wind tracks over the colder sea surface, but there is evidence to suggest the Cold blob could influence wind patterns and actually deliver drier and warmer summers to N Europe.  Nothing further in the video as to why this is, or what the evidence is.

• Like 1

Posted
13 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Any luck with this link?

So basically they don't offer any answers. They just say it is there, if the wind comes from the Atlantic it will be cooler than normal, if it disturbs the wind pattern we could end up warmer and drier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Really nice morning here,sun just breaking through 12c,much less humid,enjoyable weather to say the least!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

21.6 here. Had enough, want some rain. :)

• Like 1

Posted

15°C here at present and feeling a bit cold. Hazy sunshine just starting to show. Nothing like the forecasted heatwave we were expecting from the Metoffice.

Posted

perfect!! who could ask for more.. and we are going to get more this summer.. :D.. Look at the GFS charts .. yes a cool down of sorts..but every so often a little spike in temperature  into the low 20s.. thats what i call summer.

Posted

Feeling hot today, temp now at 24C. Such an amazing spell of weather in these parts, barely any rain for weeks, lots of sunshine and now really hotting up with the chance of storms. This is why I tend to rate May and June as my favourite time of year; usually the first decent hot spell, lots of daylight, trees in full leaf, plants looking lush with the majority in flower and the knowledge there's the potential for another few months of this weather. Lovely!

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, simshady said:

21.6 here. Had enough, want some rain. :)

I bring you good news from the ECM Ens....

Its on its way, and may stay unsettled for a while thereafter. 

I think NI, and the NW's summer may be about to crash. - tho a few warm days still to go before the atlantic says 'hello, I'm back'

Edited by draztik
  • Like 1

Posted
33 minutes ago, draztik said:

I bring you good news from the ECM Ens....

Its on its way, and may stay unsettled for a while thereafter. 

I think NI, and the NW's summer may be about to crash. - tho a few warm days still to go before the atlantic says 'hello, I'm back'

Ooh careful what you say, the Prozac brigade will have a meltdown at your downright realistic comments.... :D

ECM looks pretty crap from the weekend to me, GFS holding onto better temperatures but looking unsettled in either case. Make the most of the next few days basically. Have to say I'm glad the N and W have had such beautiful weather lately, especially after all the vileness they've had over recent years. Hopefully it'll be a decent summer for all of us.

Edited by stainesbloke