Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
52 minutes ago, cheese said:

Tomorrow looks around 24-25C here, which I think is nicer than 33-34C. I like temps in the 30s just for the sake of them, but they are definitely not pleasant, especially not in the UK where houses are designed to retain heat so things get way too warm way too quickly. 

21-23C with sunshine every day from May to September would make me very happy.. with thunderstorms thrown in for good measure.

Agree,uk houses retain way to much heat,just not built for 30plus temps,makes things uncomfortable to say the least. 21- 23c everyday....maybe not but the majority something near to that wouldn't be to bad. As for those thunderstorms,well it brings the 10 year old kid out in me again,very much to my liking!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
5 minutes ago, shuggee said:

A magnificent 17ºC in Edinburgh today - and cloudy with rain since 3.30pm. Long may that continue!

Very jealous.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, Jon Somerset said:

Send the heatwave over to the west, please.

yes, we don't look like joining in, dull and 20° here tomorrow, still okay but would prefer sunny and 24°

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

A fantastic day here,hot and sunny and lovely 24 deg,felt hotter  and calm,just a shame we can only manage a handful of these days a year these days Still 19 deg outside and 24 in the kitchen,probably warmer upstairs,could be sticky tonight,will have to get the chimney effect going ,open the loft hatch and a downstair window will pull all the hot air out through the roof !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gorgeous day here with deep blue skies and no cloud for once! Topped out at 30C and still 22C here now, fan is on in the bedroom. If only it could be like this more often, the climate would be that little bit more bearable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, markyo said:

Agree,uk houses retain way to much heat,just not built for 30plus temps,makes things uncomfortable to say the least. 21- 23c everyday....maybe not but the majority something near to that wouldn't be to bad. As for those thunderstorms,well it brings the 10 year old kid out in me again,very much to my liking!

Think Oslo & Stockholm have those sorts of temps regularly in Summer. Rarely gets unbearable over there.

1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Gorgeous day here with deep blue skies and no cloud for once! Topped out at 30C and still 22C here now, fan is on in the bedroom. If only it could be like this more often, the climate would be that little bit more bearable.

You have a fan on so I'm guessing you are at the very least a bit uncomfortable and you say the climate would be more bearable if we got heat more often? I don't have a degree in English but isn't that what's called an oxymoron? :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Warm still, not a great night for sleeping, this has happened a lot this summer. 21c at midnight:vava:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
35 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Warm still, not a great night for sleeping, this has happened a lot this summer. 21c at midnight:vava:

We managed 27c here today, toasty! Although it's currently down to a chilly 20c which is the warmest night for a good few years in the part of country.

Posted

A max of 27.0C here in the end making it the warmest August day since 2007.

The temperature is still 19.4C now at 01:00, so a very uncomfortable night ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
6 hours ago, reef said:

A max of 27.0C here in the end making it the warmest August day since 2007.

The temperature is still 19.4C now at 01:00, so a very uncomfortable night ahead.

Blimey that's amazing.

All these people down here that moan and your in E York's not a million miles way and 27c is the best since 2007 in August.

It seems to have been 27c regularly here and we are on the coast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

After the temp being 21.4c at midnight surprisingly we dropped to 15.2c this morning, wasn't expecting it to get below 16/17c. Currently Sunny and 17c and another nice warm summers day coming up although temps 5-6 degree cooler than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
8 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

You have a fan on so I'm guessing you are at the very least a bit uncomfortable and you say the climate would be more bearable if we got heat more often? I don't have a degree in English but isn't that what's called an oxymoron? :D

Something like that :) I wasn't uncomfortable though, that's just an assumption you made. My bedroom gets very warm but a simple fan is all that's needed to get a good nights sleep and only on the warmest nights. I'd happily take much more of this type of weather in summer. Gorgeous!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Had aircon running all night in bedroom,woke to 12c,lovely.....can't wait for the elecy bill!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'm seeing a potentially similar start to September as 2006 - unsettled and at times windy start, then return of warmth from plume-type scenarios, depending of course on the interaction between lows in the Atlantic and high pressure over Europe.

Was a bit hot trying to get to sleep last night but having all windows open soon corrected that and it was nice and fresh by the early hours. Could just do with some thunderstorms now. If nothing happens today/tomorrow and/or Saturday, it's likely I'll go through my first ever summer without registering thunder!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Blimey that's amazing.

All these people down here that moan and your in E York's not a million miles way and 27c is the best since 2007 in August.

It seems to have been 27c regularly here and we are on the coast.

Our max temp of 28.3C yesterday was our warmest August temp since 2013.. when it reached 31C. Last August only reached 26C despite the month as a whole being average. August 2014 was evil and I don't like talking about it.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted

This summer is looking likely to be in the top 10 warmest of the CET series. Not bad for a terrible summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

This summer is looking likely to be in the top 10 warmest of the CET series. Not bad for a terrible summer.

And I bet in 10 years time nobody will remember this summer for any reason at all. On the ground it's been completely unremarkable. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

A very poor state of affairs (anomalies of 0.6, 0.2 and ~0.6). Only the second half of July really had enough warm weather to warrant such a feat. 

Consistently unspectacular is how i'd describe it. 

Posted

In all seriousness, that figure is probably mostly down to the number of warm nights we've had.

• Like 1