Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

I see a bit of high cloud danger tomorrow looking at the charts, hopefully it doesn't happen too much. 

My location isn't forecast to exceed 22C by the Met Office while for days on end the heat or anything interesting sits just to the east... that has happened too much this summer! Hopefully that's under-doing it slightly but the GFS has toned down to 23C on Wednesday too, only Thursday when it has heat further west than other models does it shows 27C.

It's not been a bad summer here for pleasant/usable weather at times and comfortable low 20's temperatures, though it will go down as quite boring, unless some thunderstorms and a hot day or two can sneak in this week which may bring the rating up a tad.

Edit: I accidentally put 'is' instead of 'isn't'

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Yes, hazy sunshine will be the order of the day tomorrow by the looks of it. 

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Just tomorrow (and possibly Wednesday depending on front timing) to get through here then there's every chance that for all intensive purposes, summer will be done. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
39 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Just tomorrow (and possibly Wednesday depending on front timing) to get through here then there's every chance that for all intensive purposes, summer will be done. 

Wishful thinking?

t850slp.120.pngecmt850.120.png

Bit early to write off the Bank Holiday weekend. You never know, this deep storm modeled for the start of September may swing northwards bringing up more warm/hot weather. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

quite a few runs now shown ugly green colours for early Sept, feel Sept will begin cool/dismal away from the SE

h850t850eu.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
1 hour ago, summer blizzard said:

ukmaxtemp.png

Yes, I'm too far north west on Thursday, mind you not sure I want 32°, but don't want just 17° either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Wishful thinking?

t850slp.120.pngecmt850.120.png

Bit early to write off the Bank Holiday weekend. You never know, this deep storm modeled for the start of September may swing northwards bringing up more warm/hot weather. :D

Yes, BH weekend might as well be deep FI, the way the models are struggling! Balance is in favour of something warmer than ECM is showing?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

Very much wishful thinking on your part. Nothing in the models to suggest to me that summer is on its way out.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 4

Posted

Well looking out the window at the moment, I'm wondering if I made the right decision to take tomorrow off to enjoy the sunshine... Need the lights on in the office at the moment!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

quite a few runs now shown ugly green colours for early Sept, feel Sept will begin cool/dismal away from the SE

h850t850eu.png

not sure why this is an ugly chart..cool and dry start to Autumn very nice

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, BH weekend might as well be deep FI, the way the models are struggling! Balance is in favour of something warmer than ECM is showing?

I have a big family BBQ on Saturday, so keep your fingers x'd. After that I don't care, it can snow on Sunday if it wants !! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

I have a big family BBQ on Saturday, so keep your fingers x'd. After that I don't care, it can snow on Sunday if it wants !! :)

Need Sunday to be nice too, going down to Dorset for the long weekend. After that, don't mind so much but snow can wait til January!

• Like 1

Posted

Reached 23C today, 2C higher than forecast. Seems to be a recurrent theme.. with sunshine I'd add 2-3C on BBC forecasts.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
2 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

not sure why this is an ugly chart..cool and dry start to Autumn very nice

Aye that chart to me is a corker, just what I'm after as we head into the cool down period. 

• Like 2

Posted
19 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

A fine line to be had, if this chart has any value:

viewimage.png

Interesting. I was expecting Tuesday to be sunny here.

Posted
3 hours ago, Mapantz said:

A fine line to be had, if this chart has any value:

viewimage.png

That would be sod's law here. Taking the day off especially to enjoy what has been forecast all along as a sunny day.

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

That would be sod's law here. Taking the day off especially to enjoy what has been forecast all along as a sunny day.

Spare a thought for those caught under the one bit of rain all day 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Cannot believe how warm it is out here still. 19-20c at midnight. Perfect. Not a breathe of wind either. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
7 hours ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

Cannot believe how warm it is out here still. 19-20c at midnight. Perfect. Not a breathe of wind either. 

Yes we had what would be classed as a warm night here with a low of 15.0c, tonight looks even warmer still with temp possibly not dropping below 16/17c.

Posted

Gorgeous morning here; deep blue clear skies, that vile wind has finally buggered off and it was already 25C by 11am. Interesting week ahead possibly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

26c and sunny here at the moment, should see 30c this afternoon.

Shame that even with the next few sunny days, it's looking increasingly likely that we will end up below average for the month, yet again.