Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I'd prefer a downgrade of the plume this week if it means a fine, sunny and warm BH weekend across the UK so that everyone can enjoy it. Can't believe I just said that lol.

Just want some sunny, pleasant weather. Thing that concerns me about next week is that the temperatures look suppressed due to cloud and thunderstorms - and I actually like thunderstorms, but this time I don't want them to ruin things.. lol.

If it's 23C with sunshine then great - prefer that to 30C for sure - but the weather enthusiast inside me wants it to be as hot as possible, even if I don't actually like it.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, cheese said:

18z

26479ac2a5464575899f702a31e42b70.png

00z

979d12b5f8534a4c9e34e4a2ee0c1ffd.png

F F S. :wallbash: GFS now shows rain on EVERY f*****g day next week and a max temp of 24C thanks to f*****g thunderstorms :wallbash:What a useless, unreliable model. I am will be absolutely seething if this happens. No doubt we wouldn't get any thunderstorms anyway but we get lots of clag and left-over cloud from decaying thunderstorms. :wallbash: I want some sunny, settled weather NOT clammy wet weather. :wallbash:

Stop dithering! And get to point please...

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
18 minutes ago, cheese said:

Just want some sunny, pleasant weather. Thing that concerns me about next week is that the temperatures look suppressed due to cloud and thunderstorms - and I actually like thunderstorms, but this time I don't want them to ruin things.. lol.

If it's 23C with sunshine then great - prefer that to 30C for sure - but the weather enthusiast inside me wants it to be as hot as possible, even if I don't actually like it.

That's completely understandable. As much as a decent storm is very exciting, if it only affects a certain area and everywhere else gets clag and cool temps, no thanks. Much prefer settled sunny warmth to that. This week looks like a good chance of some storms though and some heat somewhere in the UK. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Fingers crossed by me that the models may be showing a drop in the temps in my area,but agree that the resultant clag crap resultant from this would not be great at all.

Posted
24 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Stop dithering! And get to point please...

:D

Just needed a moan.. life goes on, lol.

Posted

Mother Nature is having a good shower today by me,smells and feels so much better,love this heavy rain after such a dry spell,very welcome. As for next week the predicated heat is slowly been down graded again,very nice 22 to 24c max so perfect summer conditions,who could moan?...even me!

Posted

Oh dear, worst day of the summer so far here, incessant and very heavy rain, gusting winds with many leaves and twigs strewn around, and a temperature max of 14 degrees, is it October already? Thankfully we've been spared days such as this one so far, but typical it has to occur on a Saturday in August, good though it isn't bank holiday Saturday. I think many will be surprised at just how bad things have been here so far today in the Lake District. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty and fresh

Just totalled the rain fall from 6am Friday until 6pm Saturday 37mm. so not as bad as I expected. Wind has been moderate through out so no issues to note on that score.

Glad to see the heat for next week starting to drop a little as I have problems dealing with it once it gets above 25c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
4 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Oh dear, worst day of the summer so far here, incessant and very heavy rain, gusting winds with many leaves and twigs strewn around, and a temperature max of 14 degrees, is it October already? Thankfully we've been spared days such as this one so far, but typical it has to occur on a Saturday in August, good though it isn't bank holiday Saturday. I think many will be surprised at just how bad things have been here so far today in the Lake District. 

Saw some pictures on Instagram today of flooding in Cumbria so can well believe how bad it's been. Just been grey and showery here but that wind has been most unwelcome. Highly premature weather which I wouldn't expect until at least the middle of September.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 hours ago, damianslaw said:

isn't that more typical of August oop norf? may and June I always thought were better with the east winds and high pressure, where as south, August is warmest, May and June pants

Posted
24 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

isn't that more typical of August oop norf? may and June I always thought were better with the east winds and high pressure, where as south, August is warmest, May and June pants

LTA  do show , that the NW , has its best summer weather  early, rather than late.

Posted
5 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Very autumnal here on the south coast too, though reasonably warm still

Posted

More than happy with this mornings models,nice summer warmth for my area,none of that 25cplus stuff coming up this far,thankfully! Should be ok,fingers crossed.

Posted
18 minutes ago, markyo said:

More than happy with this mornings models,nice summer warmth for my area,none of that 25cplus stuff coming up this far,thankfully! Should be ok,fingers crossed.

GFS has 26C for your area on Tuesday and Wednesday. Depending on where the front is sitting, could be even higher.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Last week was one of the best spells of the summer for warm and dry along with early june which was a little too soon as after that it went downhill.

So summer stands as 4/10 so far and not much on the horizon as thunder is restricted to the east as per usual.

June was 8/10.

• Like 1

Posted
53 minutes ago, cheese said:

GFS has 26C for your area on Tuesday and Wednesday. Depending on where the front is sitting, could be even higher.

That is possible i agree, it really depends on where that front sits,small change in that could make a big difference plus or minus on the temps and feel of the weather for those 2 days,interesting watching me thinks.

Posted
12 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

A months rain in one day hardly consists of a "typical August" You are right about May and June but the extent to which August has become wet in recent years is phenomenally beyond the climatic norm. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

06z GFS is a huge downgrade and reversal of previous output for the BH weekend. Low pressure now for the entire weekend, strong winds, cool and loads of cloud no doubt. No surprise to be honest but extremely annoying if that solution comes about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

06z GFS is a huge downgrade and reversal of previous output for the BH weekend. Low pressure now for the entire weekend, strong winds, cool and loads of cloud no doubt. No surprise to be honest but extremely annoying if that solution comes about.

that's why I wasn't interested in BH weekend few days ago, 

Posted
19 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

that's why I wasn't interested in BH weekend few days ago, 

To be fair, GFS is good again, ECM vile. Others flip-flopping about too. So could be hot and sunny (yes please) or Atlantic crap.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

This is it... I'm taking a day off because of the weather for the first time ever. If it is anything less than sunny tomorrow I will be highly disappointed.