Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Four very good days on the trot, pity we have had to wait about 7 weeks for a run of such days in succession - the 19 July warmth was a one day wonder.. Definately the best spell of weather since early June here. Temps low 20's and lovely milky blue skies and no wind - this evening's sun was a superb red colour, indeed the last few nights have produced wonderful sunsets.

Alas tomorrow is forecast to be very different, and the weekend looks a washout here especially Saturday.. its all the wrong way round this week..

Looking at the outlook for next week - overall summer 2016 most likely to be classed as very average here, not too wet, not too dry, average temps overall with some brief warm spells, sunshine levels though have been disappointing. We have had only one day with thunderstorms, so again a very quiet summer on the thunder front, also thankfully no flash flooding, or heavy downpours - a rather benign summer, with absolutely nothing memorable so far.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Seriously considering a day off at some point next week. Just don't know which day looks sunniest.

Such a pain the weather has to be rubbish just at the weekend! Stuff like that brings the rating of the month right down for me.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

As much as some seem to love to the idea of a plume i have to say that this week has been lovely, especially outside of the sun. 

As such i'm hoping that GEM is closer to reality..

Rgem1921.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

looks like maybe another tues/wed plume then, still feel GFS is underdoing the Atlantic, I think by thurs the Atlantic will break through

Posted
9 hours ago, summer blizzard said:

As much as some seem to love to the idea of a plume i have to say that this week has been lovely, especially outside of the sun. 

As such i'm hoping that GEM is closer to reality..

Rgem1921.gif

It's been nice this week but too cool in the evenings if I'm being picky. Dew points ended up quite low which meant cool starts, cool evenings and nights and a generally quite fresh feel.

It would be nice to be able to sit out until midnight without needing a jumper. Personally I prefer more humid weather for this reason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Any idea what the sunniest day next week might be? Maybe Tuesday?

Posted
7 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

I don't think the evenings have been that cold. very pleasant..Can't complain  about the weather in recent days.. Lets hope it returns soon :clap:

I'm not complaining but I'd prefer 24C at 8pm rather than 20/21C. The sunshine has been glorious but in an ideal world it would have been 3-4C warmer.

Posted
20 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

I'm not complaining but I'd prefer 24C at 8pm rather than 20/21C. The sunshine has been glorious but in an ideal world it would have been 3-4C warmer.

we've had really warm evenings in the 3rd week in July it was horrendous.. I like  the evenings of late felt nice enough..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

18z

26479ac2a5464575899f702a31e42b70.png

00z

979d12b5f8534a4c9e34e4a2ee0c1ffd.png

F F S. :wallbash: GFS now shows rain on EVERY f*****g day next week and a max temp of 24C thanks to f*****g thunderstorms :wallbash:What a useless, unreliable model. I am will be absolutely seething if this happens. No doubt we wouldn't get any thunderstorms anyway but we get lots of clag and left-over cloud from decaying thunderstorms. :wallbash: I want some sunny, settled weather NOT clammy wet weather. :wallbash:

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

The rate it's going, I wouldn't be at all surprised at it all ending up on the continent. Seen it happen too many times to count! Watching all evening only to then see a humdinger erupt the other side of the channel and then zap the Netherlands all night long! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Not sure what the worry is about, GFS shows a slightly less settled picture this week, granted, but the BH weekend looks decent under high pressure? 

Posted
26 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not sure what the worry is about, GFS shows a slightly less settled picture this week, granted, but the BH weekend looks decent under high pressure? 

Looking good your way stainesbloke but we'll be lucky to see anything above 23C next week, probably with cloud and showers. Seeing 31C in London and only 21C here makes me sick. 

Posted
5 minutes ago, cheese said:

Looking good your way stainesbloke but we'll be lucky to see anything above 23C next week, probably with cloud and showers. Seeing 31C in London and only 21C here makes me sick. 

looks even worse here, flirting with just 17C, Tuesday though looks decent for most, 25C, any shift east of this setup, my location will be only 17C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

It does happen quite often though, the SE is the best place for heat in the UK without a doubt and the reason I wouldn't live anywhere else. Still a few days away though and GFS has been flip-flopping about as usual, so fingers crossed for you could see a wider area of warmth or it could all be swept away E like in recent years! I'm more interested in the BH weekend, which currently looks pretty decent across much of the UK with high pressure in charge. We shall see!

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

It does happen quite often though, the SE is the best place for heat in the UK without a doubt and the reason I wouldn't live anywhere else. Still a few days away though and GFS has been flip-flopping about as usual, so fingers crossed for you could see a wider area of warmth or it could all be swept away E like in recent years! I'm more interested in the BH weekend, which currently looks pretty decent across much of the UK with high pressure in charge. We shall see!

Like I said on the model thread, a 10C difference between here and London doesn't happen often at all. There is no such examples of that occurring in the past 10 years. Whenever London's been hot, we've been hot too. 

19 July 2016 - 33C in London, 31C in Leeds

1 July 2015 - 37C in London, 33C in Leeds

1 August 2013 - 34C in London, 31C in Leeds

27 June 2011 - 32C in London, 31C in Leeds

31C in London and 21C in Leeds, doubt it's ever happened before. There have been smaller differences, like 25C in Leeds and 30C in London, but nothing larger than that.

Edited by cheese

Posted
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Not interested in BH weekend deep FI, so no upgrade, I agree with heat lovers this mornings runs massive downgrade, away from pesky SE 

Posted
Just now, weatherguru14 said:

I don't care about the  2829c I prefer it low 20s and light winds and that's what the bbc have for leeds area.. very nice summer weather...

Not if it's cloudy and wet it isn't, and that's what the models are showing for us now.

If it's 21-23C and sunny then I agree, great weather.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Like I said on the model thread, a 10C difference between here and London doesn't happen often at all. There is no such examples of that occurring in the past 10 years. Whenever London's been hot, we've been hot too. 

Ok, a 10C difference might not happen often. But in these plume situations local differences can be large, all depends on where the fronts lie and wind direction etc. GFS temp predictions are never that great either. No real reason to be downbeat as yet; though I wouldn't be surprised if it all gets blasted E in future runs if recent years are to go by. 

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Not if it's cloudy and wet it isn't, and that's what the models are showing for us now.

If it's 21-23C and sunny then I agree, great weather.

That's if it happens.. I think come Tuesday afternoon most of the England will be settled..  anyway we may get better  weather than the SE often we get clear weather where the SE inport thunderstorms from near continent..22/23  your less likely to get huge thunderstorms. not  the heat to build them..

Posted
7 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Not interested in BH weekend deep FI, so no upgrade, I agree with heat lovers this mornings runs massive downgrade, away from pesky SE 

I'd prefer a downgrade of the plume this week if it means a fine, sunny and warm BH weekend across the UK so that everyone can enjoy it. Can't believe I just said that lol.

• Like 1