Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The low dew points are also helping to make today that bit more pleasant. That's the issue with plumes, with the heat you get very humid conditions - great for storms, awful for comfort.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wall to wall sunshine here and very warm. Lots of light aircraft flying about today, making use of the excellent conditions. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice Summers day here with blue skies, lots of sunshine and 24C currently. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Superb weather today, shame to be busy working. Exactly what August should be like! Quick gym workout and dinner outside will be the order of this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

misty low cloud from the north sea tomorrow, for NW Midlands looks very likely, could feel cool under it as well

Posted

4th good day here, 100% sun with a max of 21.9C. Friday and yesterday were sunny almost all the time, while Saturday had more cloud until lunch time but a nice sunny afternoon/evening. Maximums were 22.7C, 23.4C and 23.2C.

Quite cool minima in this valley though, down to 7.4C last night. Comfortable for sleeping.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
10 hours ago, Evening thunder said:

4th good day here, 100% sun with a max of 21.9C. Friday and yesterday were sunny almost all the time, while Saturday had more cloud until lunch time but a nice sunny afternoon/evening. Maximums were 22.7C, 23.4C and 23.2C.

Quite cool minima in this valley though, down to 7.4C last night. Comfortable for sleeping.

August has been pretty sunny here with no rain at all has been perfect summer weather...will continue today with a blue sky day..tomorrow again looks decent..after that things look like they will take a turn for the worse for the last 2 weeks of month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

GFS flip-flopping about in FI, previous runs showing interesting, and at times hot weather after the coming vile weekend have changed to cool and mainly unsettled right to the end of the run. Hopefully will change back as time goes on, a decent BH weekend would be nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

August has been very average here so far. Just a bit drier and cloudier than average (though much better than July).

Looking at the weather online forecast, the cool/cloudy spell doesn't get particularly wet, with normal conditions returning within a few days.

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
11 minutes ago, B87 said:

August has been very average here so far. Just a bit drier and cloudier than average (though much better than July).

Looking at the weather online forecast, the cool/cloudy spell doesn't get particularly wet, with normal conditions returning within a few days.

Indeed. This summer will be remembered as being 'usable' here. Some gorgeous days, especially those that haven't usable thanks to being at work, but also a lot of irritating cloudiness.

Even here, the outlook doesn't look amazingly wet. Any rain is welcome, but short of a thunderstorm turning up, I don't think we'll be reaching the amount of rain we had on the 01st.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

After today's sunshine, I should be up at around 116 hrs recorded. The MetO average for this region is 192.2hrs, so for the first half, i'm above the average. And bearing in mind, my sensor under-records due to the restraints of positioning. The average temperature, here, is running 0.4°C above the MetO's regional. As it stands now, this is the best August (or first 16 days) that i've recorded in the last 6 years, at least. It does look like changing, but I don't care, it has been a great Summer down here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.
2 hours ago, Turnedoutniceagain said:

Perfect weather for the grain harvest. UK farmers have certainly got lucky this week

Spot on.

I took this photo on the way home from the golf course. 

DSC_0356.JPG

A lovely high Summer day warm and comfortable humidity. 22/24c for many.This will do for me.:)

Edited by phil nw.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

After today's sunshine, I should be up at around 116 hrs recorded. The MetO average for this region is 192.2hrs, so for the first half, i'm above the average. And bearing in mind, my sensor under-records due to the restraints of positioning. The average temperature, here, is running 0.4°C above the MetO's regional. As it stands now, this is the best August (or first 16 days) that i've recorded in the last 6 years, at least. It does look like changing, but I don't care, it has been a great Summer down here.

15 or 20 years ago this wouldn't have been noteworthy at all, but I guess after so many bad summers in recent years even a slightly better than normal summer can appear 'great'. With any luck, we won't be looking back on 2016 in 10 years as the best summer of the past decade!

2009, 2012 and 2013 were all much better in these parts as far as August is concerned. August here will probably end up normal, unless the final 2 weeks of the month turn out cool and unsettled - which will definitely make it below average.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
52 minutes ago, cheese said:

15 or 20 years ago this wouldn't have been noteworthy at all, but I guess after so many bad summers in recent years even a slightly better than normal summer can appear 'great'. With any luck, we won't be looking back on 2016 in 10 years as the best summer of the past decade!

2009, 2012 and 2013 were all much better in these parts as far as August is concerned. August here will probably end up normal, unless the final 2 weeks of the month turn out cool and unsettled - which will definitely make it below average.

We have seen average temperatures and slightly below average sun/rain so far this month. If the unsettled spell only lasts a couple of days, we might get away with an average month. If it continues then the month will definitely end up below normal.

Even though it has appeared sunny compared to July, we are still below average for half way, currently on 94.6 hrs. By the end of today we will have overtaken June's total! June was cloudier than an average December in percentage terms!

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

2nd day of wall to wall sun here. Hazier today but very warm. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

If it wasn't for the total absence of thunderstorms here, this would be an excellent summer.

For the general population, this current warm spell is so much better than what was on offer previously. Lovely warm days, low humidity and cool nights - what's not to love? 

• Like 1