Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A better day today, finally, with it actually feeling quite summer-like. Still quite a bit of cloud but also with some decent sunny spells and light winds. Reasonable temps at a high of 24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very pleasant last couple of days here in the far south west. Beaches are busy and best of all, Falmouth Week is just beginning. Lots going on and something for everyone. Very tempted to go to the Wurzels and Cider evening on Sunday! :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I can tolerate warmth and heat much better at this time of year. I know it won't be lasting to  long and a return to the far more pleasant cooler conditions is not far away,unlike in June and early July. Find the Autumn and Winter months so much more to my taste,feel a whole lot more healthy as well. Models are showing a mid month warm up,just so long as the humidity stays on the right side of bearable then i'll be happy!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Much better recent GFS output for a decent spell of high pressure and nice Summer weather. About time! 

• Like 2

Posted

looks dissapointing so far here today, was expecting a sunny monring with just some occasional nuisance cloud for a short time in the afternoon as a little mild convection gets going,

but its the same cloudy crapola again with the odd glimps of the sun, and small slivers of blue sky  through the heavy looking clouds,  arn't we allowed to just have a decent fully sunny day on a weekend goddammit, just one, it really is such a hard task,   

I suppose there is time yet

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
2 hours ago, markyo said:

I can tolerate warmth and heat much better at this time of year. I know it won't be lasting to  long and a return to the far more pleasant cooler conditions is not far away,unlike in June and early July. Find the Autumn and Winter months so much more to my taste,feel a whole lot more healthy as well. Models are showing a mid month warm up,just so long as the humidity stays on the right side of bearable then i'll be happy!

So long as it doesnt hang around for too long with the warmth pattern lasting well into autumn ,that would do my nut in. once we hit sept i hope we get a pattern change to some cooler autumnal weather.

At least with the upcoming warmth the sun is getting a little more gentle in the sky being that little bit lower.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Another lovely summer's day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

It is so Nick, Little cloud here with a gentle breeze and temp currently 21c. Perfect for cleaning my windows, May even fire the BBQ up later..

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, sundog said:

So long as it doesnt hang around for too long with the warmth pattern lasting well into autumn ,that would do my nut in. once we hit sept i hope we get a pattern change to some cooler autumnal weather.

At least with the upcoming warmth the sun is getting a little more gentle in the sky being that little bit lower.

Agree,August can spike to produce high temps,but they won't last,just like later winter can have a cold snap. To me it's much nicer to have this kind of warm spell now,not as intense and the holiday period is in full swing so one heck of a lot easier on both parents and kids when its not so hot.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
On 03/08/2016 at 23:27, weatherguru14 said:

I will repeat again.. why did the bbc say  on  a outlook 2 days back..we are all pretty certain by the middle of august we will be under a southerly flow and summer is not quite done yet..

why say something that is not true.. They are all certain! TS LIKE YES ITS GOING TO HAPPEN... Sorry  to repeat it again.. Its just basic lying to the pubic.

On 04/08/2016 at 00:12, CreweCold said:

I will admit, when I watched the forecast I facepalmed a little. I have no idea why they had to mention it at all....especially as, at the time, they were talking about something 15 days ahead when it's only a 7-10 day forecast at the very most!

It is situations like that which leave them wide open for criticism.

And looking at the models now for mid-month maybe it wasn't such a bad call after all 

:)

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

When was the last week long August settled spell (of the type shown by the GFS). 

Posted
1 hour ago, Polar Maritime said:

It is so Nick, Little cloud here with a gentle breeze and temp currently 21c. Perfect for cleaning my windows, May even fire the BBQ up later..

This is my ideal summer weather really. Nice to sit outside in and it's not uncomfortable. Really don't need it any warmer, just unnecessary.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
24 minutes ago, Nick L said:

This is my ideal summer weather really. Nice to sit outside in and it's not uncomfortable. Really don't need it any warmer, just unnecessary.

yes, and mine, want every day in summer like this! similar day to 23 July here

mmm wonder where knock is? awol maybe because last few FI's shown dry sunny and warm, and not low pressure, wind and rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

As some have already said, today is summer perfection. As much I love feeling the heat, 23-24C with uninterrupted strong sun and a light fresh breeze is bliss. How August should be and from such an easy synoptic to achieve.

Enjoy all!

• Like 2

Posted

I think this is the most agreement this thread has ever seen :D

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Foggy autumn days are the best! Although I does enjoy a good thunderstorm.
18 minutes ago, Nick L said:

I think this is the most agreement this thread has ever seen :D

Nick, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! Don't speak too soon!! Lol :laugh:

Afternoon all, not much I can add to whats already been said, but what a beautiful summers day it is today :D

Posted
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

And looking at the models now for mid-month maybe it wasn't such a bad call after all 

:)

If it does turn out that way, good call by the Glosea model. None of the other long rangers that we see were showing anything other than low heights in the Scandi area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

25c and sunny today, that's 2 typical early August days in a row!

A couple of cool and cloudy days in the week, before a settled spell of sunny 28-30c days kicks in.

Its good for August to feel like it should again :)! Even poor summers used to have at least 1-2 settled spells like this.

• Like 1

Posted

Even a grumpy old fart like me who hates the summer heat must say today is just about perfect summer weather,blue sky lovely breeze and comfy temp. Why would you want it hotter?!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Even a grumpy old fart like me who hates the summer heat must say today is just about perfect summer weather,blue sky lovely breeze and comfy temp. Why would you want it hotter?!

Not often I agree with you but I do today it's very pleasant indeed not too hot that you can't work just nice just under 24c here with the breeze stopping it getting too humid

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Not often I agree with you but I do today it's very pleasant indeed not too hot that you can't work just nice just under 24c here with the breeze stopping it getting too humid

Probably the first time ever we've agreed! Summer weather like this so much more enjoyable,very nice 22c,lovely breeze...Perfect.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, B87 said:

25c and sunny today, that's 2 typical early August days in a row!

A couple of cool and cloudy days in the week, before a settled spell of sunny 28-30c days kicks in.

Its good for August to feel like it should again :)! Even poor summers used to have at least 1-2 settled spells like this.

Haha, great to see a happy mood on here. It's true that sunshine and some warmth really lifts the mood! Mine for sure. 2 nice days here now, today pretty much perfect. Little cloud, warm sun, blue sky and a light breeze. 26C here too which is very comfortable. Shame it's downhill for a few days but then some decent signs of summer returning, hallelujah.