Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Change of month, but no change by the lousy trough-dominated weather.  Supposed to be "high summer", the reality, the old old, promising but chilly beginning, by 9am the infill has formed.  As I type this the first drops of rain hit the window.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Punctuation
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Cloud with rain moving in here, I guess we could do with some rain after a dry few weeks and at least it's not over the weekend. The coming weekend looks quite nice in the S but that ridiculous deep low on Sunday will hopefully be downgraded. Who wants gales in August? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Barely had a mm of rain here yet. Predominantly just cloudy with sporadic light rain. The rain's going to have to pep up a bit if we're going to get something meaningful!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Just now, MP-R said:

Barely had a mm of rain here yet. Predominantly just cloudy with sporadic light rain. The rain's going to have to pep up a bit if we're going to get something meaningful!

We've just had some brief drizzle that didn't even wet the ground. Should pep up this evening but it's not exactly looking like meaningful rain. After this, aside from showers, it's looking largely dry here for the remainder of the week. Sorry lawns!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
28 minutes ago, Nick L said:

We've just had some brief drizzle that didn't even wet the ground. Should pep up this evening but it's not exactly looking like meaningful rain. After this, aside from showers, it's looking largely dry here for the remainder of the week. Sorry lawns!

Get the hose out :D Radar looks ok for some useful rain at the moment but could all turn to useless drizzle. 

Posted

Here's a stat that might shock a few. If the August CET finishes at 16.7C (just 0.3C above the 1981-2010 average) or above then this summer will be the warmest since 2006, 6th warmest of the last 32 years and 15th warmest of the last century.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, reef said:

Here's a stat that might shock a few. If the August CET finishes at 16.7C (just 0.3C above the 1981-2010 average) or above then this summer will be the warmest since 2006, 6th warmest of the last 32 years and 15th warmest of the last century.

Not really a surprise to me, it's certainly felt like a fairly warm summer!

Posted
27 minutes ago, reef said:

Yes, because of the constant cloud, day and night!

• Like 3

Posted

Am not a expert but t I think its been     a warmish summer because the jet asnt been that active... we have been stuck under mild air.. a very cloudy  summer so the temperatures haven't really dropped.. After the last 2 days that's felt fresher.. today feels a lot milder again.. Just a shame  its  a showery regime!

Posted

Managed to get my bedroom below 20c for the first time in what seems an eternity, absolutely lovely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
56 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

Am not a expert but t I think its been     a warmish summer because the jet asnt been that active... we have been stuck under mild air.. a very cloudy  summer so the temperatures haven't really dropped.. After the last 2 days that's felt fresher.. today feels a lot milder again.. Just a shame  its  a showery regime!

It hasn't been notably warm. Highs have been exactly normal across June and July here, the lows have been a bit warmer than average due to all the cloud cover (+1.0c in June, +0.6c in July).

Edited by B87
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

http://www.canmorealberta.com/webcams/main-street

For those saying that 12c is cool and not shorts weather,check out the link,everybodies in shorts!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

12c is normal in March or November, and you don't see anyone in shorts then.

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, B87 said:

I am! Lot working are,specially more physical work. To me 12c is more than fine for shorts

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, reef said:

A reason why you can't judge how good a summer is just based on temperature. Summer 2004 was overall warm but in reality it wasn't a great summer.

• Like 3

Posted
46 minutes ago, markyo said:

For those saying that 12c is cool and not shorts weather,check out the link,everybodies in shorts!

They'll be in shorts in anticipation of a warm sunny afternoon, still early in the day there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
52 minutes ago, B87 said:

for me, 12C feels way warmer in Jan than it would in July! probably due to warm wind Jan, cold wind July with same temp

Posted
1 hour ago, Gael_Force said:

They'll be in shorts in anticipation of a warm sunny afternoon, still early in the day there.

Midday there and a dizzy 16c,it's all in your perspective when it comes to temps,obviously in that location those temps are warm to them,hence the dress code. You wouldn't get that many so dressed in the uk. I live in shorts most of the year,just find it more comfortable and so much more pleasant. Ok below say 7/8c  i relent but around the house always shorts regardless of the weather. and that's with little heating on. Unsurprisingly i do not live with a woman!:D

Posted
4 hours ago, Nick L said:

Managed to get my bedroom below 20c for the first time in what seems an eternity, absolutely lovely.

Do you want to swap? I wish my bedroom would be warmer than 15-16C without my having to switch on the central heating (in what we laughingly describe as high summer!?).  That's because of the severely depressed temperatures in my locality over the past few weeks, helped by the persistent overcast.  I'm wearing shorts (as I do all year unless near freezing) however opportunities to sunbathe I can count on the fingers of two hands which is a sad reflection of our sunless "summer" - "sunless" during normal waking hours, not what sun recorders record while most of us sleep.  Likewise it's been very seldom I can go out in a T-shirt, one of my fleecy hoodies has been the norm.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
Grammar

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Do you want to swap? I wish my bedroom would be warmer than 15-16C without my having to switch on the central heating (in what we laughingly describe as high summer!?).  That's because of the severely depressed temperatures in my locality over the past few weeks, helped by the persistent overcast.  I'm wearing shorts (as I do all year unless near freezing) however opportunities to sunbathe I can count on the fingers of two hands which is a sad reflection of our sunless "summer" - "sunless" during normal waking hours, not what sun recorders record while most of us sleep.  Likewise it's been very seldom I can go out in a T-shirt, one of my fleecy hoodies has been the norm.

Gladly. Got it down to 17c today and it feels great. Anything above 22-23c in my room and I find it stuffy and uncomfortable. The problem being that my bedroom is on the ground floor, so I can't keep the windows open when I'm out. It can get really uncomfortable in the summer when sleeping for night shifts.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
3 hours ago, markyo said:

I'd probably wear shorts if it was 12C and sunny in the morning, but 12C as a max temperature would feel very cold and in this country would probably be very cloudy and/or rainy. Canmore is going up to 23C today with sunshine - much nicer.

Edited by cheese

Posted

Just over 20mm has fallen so far here (manual gauge), with the temperature just below 15C much of the afternoon (maximum was 16.5C at 10:37), so perhaps the worst day of the summer, but makes a nice change to get significant rainfall.. Over 3 times the rainfall today as fell in the whole of July! 

However before today, the lowest maxima since the 13th July was 20.7C, which is close enough our average maxima, so that's not bad going.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
5 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Gladly. Got it down to 17c today and it feels great. Anything above 22-23c in my room and I find it stuffy and uncomfortable. The problem being that my bedroom is on the ground floor, so I can't keep the windows open when I'm out. It can get really uncomfortable in the summer when sleeping for night shifts.

However I suspect your office and living room at home are around at least 20C during the day.  I'm living in that 15-16C throughout the day in my home and I can't really afford to switch on the CH during what's supposed to "summer".  This summer has been the first one I can recollect with indoor temperatures so persistently low, and I've lived here for 37 years.