Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
10 minutes ago, Karl. said:

I agree, although I love spanish plumes they come and go too fast and then it normally turns cool and unsettled. What I want is a warm Azores high to ridge in and stick around for a week or two, that would make August into a good end to the summer.

good posts in MOD Frosty, hope GEM comes off, can only post what models are showing, 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

Fine thats's your opinion,the capitals are a tad over the top! Wouldn't have said today was cool by any means,normal summers day to me. Perfect for working on a roof for me!

Hi markyo I think you will like the Gem 12z. It shows high pressure and warm weather from next weekend onwards. I would defo settle for that:D

Posted
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

good posts in MOD Frosty, hope GEM comes off, can only post what models are showing, 

Thank you..let's hope so:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, hillbilly said:

Sorry I didn't realise the caps lock was on and could not be bothered to change it.All I meant was a better summers day for me is at least one where you do not have to wear a jumper,mind you it is a degree or two warmer in Sheffield than here .

True,up in Halifax it can get a we bit colder then us softies in sheffield are used to,looking like it may be a little warmer in coming days but i'd keep that jumper handy! Understand your view,summer this year as for the last several has been poor and nothing really on the horizon to say anything else.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Karl. said:

Hi markyo I think you will like the Gem 12z. It shows high pressure and warm weather from next weekend onwards. I would defo settle for that:D

We will see my friend, Mr Positive may have seen that little step i mentioned,fingers crossed you have,it's summer for goodness sake! :)

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Virtual drinks all round if the Gem 12z comes off:drinks:

I'm defo staying positive as we are about to enter the last month of this meteorological summer, amazing how quick its gone and how instantly forgettable it's been..roll on winter!:cold:

Posted
8 minutes ago, Karl. said:

Virtual drinks all round if the Gem 12z comes off:drinks:

I'm defo staying positive as we are about to enter the last month of this meteorological summer, amazing how quick its gone and how instantly forgettable it's been..roll on winter!:cold:

disagree about roll on winter, just 10C and gales for 3 months here, but your posts will cheer thread up! after all you only post what models are showing,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

A mostly cloudy day here with showers on and off, just the odd glimpse of brightness - hardly what you'd call a perfect summer's day. Seems to be a typical one, nowadays, though :closedeyes: 

• Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

disagree about roll on winter, just 10C and gales for 3 months here, but your posts will cheer thread up! after all you only post what models are showing,

Thanks again. I'm not giving up on this summer although I have felt like it at times, however, I know the south has had a better summer with a lot of dry warm weather and complaints about the lack of rain but it's been a different story ooop north for sure, especially Scotland. The comment I made about winter is more in hope than expectation, surely it can't be as crap as the last one though. :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Karl. said:

Thanks again. I'm not giving up on this summer although I have felt like it at times, however, I know the south has had a better summer with a lot of dry warm weather and complaints about the lack of rain but it's been a different story ooop north for sure, especially Scotland. The comment I made about winter is more in hope than expectation, surely it can't be as crap as the last one though. :nonono:

Me neither, karl: September is more than capable of giving us an extension to summer?:)

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Me neither, karl: September is more than capable of giving us an extension to summer?:)

I agree Ed (Pete):D

I think although the meteorological summer finishes at the end of August, the autumn equinox is about september 20th so yes in prepared to call the first half of sept an extension of summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Have the British public turned in to a bunch of floofs or something? I was out as a kid when it was raining in the Summer holidays, the 'rents wouldn't give a monkies either! We carried on, the rain isn't acidic.. 

Years on, I work outside in the rain, unless it's too much to wash away cement. I never remembered hearing any complaining about going out if it was wet & windy, all those years ago.

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely Sunday morning,12c clear sky,fresh breeze,perfect,whats not to like!....oh yes the flaming council cutting the grass at 6am i suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
54 minutes ago, markyo said:

Lovely Sunday morning,12c clear sky,fresh breeze,perfect,whats not to like!....oh yes the flaming council cutting the grass at 6am i suppose.

Beautiful start to the day here too, blue skies and strong sunshine. Could it actually be a sunny day lol?! 

Posted
5 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Beautiful start to the day here too, blue skies and strong sunshine. Could it actually be a sunny day lol?! 

Shhhh...be the Q word!!!! Looking good for a sunny summers day!....That's it i've cursed it now:(

Posted

100% cloudcover here despite GFS/BBC etc going for a sunny fresh day, happened yesterday to.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Yep, infill here covering 95% of the sky now. Amazing how difficult it is to get a sunny day this summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Infill began here at 10 but by midday had all gone and since then it's been a gorgeous if rather breezy sunny day.

• Like 1

Posted

Hoping for more clear nights like last night for viewing the Perseids meteor shower.  Beautifully clear and starry last night, spotting a nice meteor not long after sitting outside to stargaze, with the ISS shining brightly on its flyover.  Cloud cover has proved a nuisance this summer, even on days when little has been expected.

If we can't get the hot southerlies, then I don't mind a more cool, and clearer, northwesterly air stream to bring some clear skies during nighttime hours.  

Posted

Infill really thick here but some clearance to the west, at least it's dry and feeling quite warm, just wish this endless cloud would bugger off!

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Yes very dull and overcast after a lovely start.. Feeling cool in the  breeze.. NW winds does this.. you often get clear mornings followed by huge amount of cloud build up.. only for the cloud to disappear later on this evening to leave a cold night..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Personally, my only whinge about this summer is its over-abundance of warmish, cloudyish humidity; but, after 20+ years in the Northwest Highland's, I might expect that? I don't think I'll ever be able to re-acclimatise.

So, apart from that purely personal consideration, what's been wrong with it? For me, there's been enough (albeit barely) sunshine and temperatures look like being within 2 Standard Deviations of normal; it's also seen the most thunder-days that I can remember for quite a while...

Ergo, I am not complaining...:)

Posted
7 hours ago, conor123 said:

100% cloudcover here despite GFS/BBC etc going for a sunny fresh day, happened yesterday to.

yes we are west, could clearly see an east/west split over me yesterday, unsettled west clear sunny east

Posted

h850t850eu.png

Sat 6th, coming up on a few models as hot, 15C uppers, models underdo max temps, who knows 1 decent day away from the SE this year