Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Temperature dropped to 22.7C not long ago but it's rising again. Now 23.6C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Down to 23C. Certainly no record warm night on the cards for us. I predict the min here will be in the 16-18C range, as opposed to the BBC's wildly optimistic forecast of 21C.

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

25.5c at 2200 on st bees head, insane

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

26.4C at 23:20, 22.3C hottest night of the decade so far in this area, recorded last July 1st, but this could be under threat.

Edited by 95 Degrees

Posted

No disrespect to Jersey, but it is:

a) not in the UK b) not in Britain c) not really in the British Isles d) has its own Met office.

It's very interesting to see what the temperature can reach on a small island off the Normandy coast, but please can we stop giving it the "warmest/sunniest in the UK" title? It's not eligible for it!!!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
1 hour ago, 40*C said:

Manchester city centre must be at least 28c still. Just walked out of a lovely air conditioned sainsburys and it was totally roasting when came out.   

Wouldn't surprise me if it's that hot in Manchester city centre, it's currently 25C here and I have countryside surrounding me! Can't remember it being so warm past midnight here. Very unusual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

Interesting to compare what is happening so far in July 2016 with my original prediction for the month.

Since late June- west or NW winds over Britain, often chilly and wet in North and Scotland and North England but often (not always) dry warm in South. Now a real heatwave that affects the whole country but misses off northernmost Scotland which remains chilly and damp. Overall perceptions of the season seem to be- to most on here- that it has been poor/barely average. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
21 minutes ago, Summer of 95 said:

No disrespect to Jersey, but it is:

a) not in the UK b) not in Britain c) not really in the British Isles d) has its own Met office.

It's very interesting to see what the temperature can reach on a small island off the Normandy coast, but please can we stop giving it the "warmest/sunniest in the UK" title? It's not eligible for it!!!!!

Jersey isn't even the warmest or sunniest place in the British Isles anyway.  Their summers are quite cool compared to most of England, and Bognor Regis, Portsmouth, Shanklin and probably many other towns on the south central coast are sunnier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper Seasons,lots of frost and snow October to April, hot summers!

Even up here near Nenthead in the North Pennines (over 400 metres ASL) my AWS thermometer registered 27C. It will have been hotter in the lowlands, possibly 29 to 30C in Hexham. This description of a hot day in the North would have had today down to a tee:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/85671-a-fine-summers-day-in-the-north/

Posted

I'm working in the morning but I simply couldn't waste this evening- have been sitting out until now and it's just remarkable how warm it still is- no hint of a chill in the air. In fact you almost feel like you're going to sweat just sitting there. Amazing stuff. If only this happened more often...

26C at Manchester airport at midnight...truly a night to savour!

Edited by Scorcher
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, iapennell said:

Even up here near Nenthead in the North Pennines (over 400 metres ASL) my AWS thermometer registered 27C. It will have been hotter in the lowlands, possibly 29 to 30C in Hexham. This description of a hot day in the North would have had today down to a tee:

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/85671-a-fine-summers-day-in-the-north/

As I was anticipating the Azores High to most likely bring heat and sunshine to the North in late June/early July it describes this day as being at the end of June! But hey, its only three and a half weeks out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
9 minutes ago, B87 said:

Jersey isn't even the warmest or sunniest place in the British Isles anyway.  Their summers are quite cool compared to most of England, and Bognor Regis, Portsmouth, Shanklin and probably many other towns on the south central coast are sunnier.

I think you should look at the climate data for Jersey then. The 81 - '10  data shows more hours of sunshine annually, than anywhere in the southern half of the UK.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I think you should look at the climate data for Jersey then. The 81 - '10  data shows more hours of sunshine annually, than anywhere in the southern half of the UK.

Jersey gets 1905 hours of sun a year on average. Shanklin (Isle of Wight) gets 1923. Bognor Regis gets 1921. Folkestone gets 1921.

Edited by cheese

Posted
1 minute ago, cheese said:

Jersey gets 1905 hours of sun a year on average. Shanklin gets 1923. 

.. apart from Shanklin.. :laugh: It wasn't on a list I was looking at, for some reason.

I worked over there for 9 months, and I pop over there on ferry runs quite frequently. Their Summers are fantastic! I bet data from the past 10 years would surpass many, if not, all of the places on the list in the south.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Jersey: 1905 hrs

Portsmouth: 1919 hrs

Bognor Regis: 1921 hrs

Shanklin: 1923 hrs

Edited by B87

Posted
12 minutes ago, B87 said:

Jersey: 1905 hrs

Portsmouth: 1919 hrs

Bognor Regis: 1928 hrs

Shanklin: 1923 hrs

Ok, i'll bow to that. I don't know what I was looking at, none of those were showing up for some reason. Anyway, I could understand your main point if there was 3 or 400 hours difference, but around 20 a year?  And to say it has cool Summers is really an overstatement.

Edited by Mapantz
Time for bed I think lol

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

And to say it has cool Summers is really an overstatement.

Average highs of 18.4c in June, 20.4c in July and 20.6c in August.  That's cooler than places like Leeds, Sheffield or Hull, let alone all of central southern and SE England/East Anglia.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, B87 said:

Average highs of 18.4c in June, 20.4c in July and 20.6c in August.  That's cooler than places like Leeds, Sheffield or Hull, let alone all of central southern and SE England/East Anglia.

That does not mean Jersey has cool Summers. They have warm Summers, even their own climate data classes Jersey as having warm Summers.

Posted

Still 27C in Crosby at 1:20am. Can it get much lower between now and 9am?

EDIT - 24.9C actually (didn't initially update for some reason). Still exceptional though.

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted

I don't want to go to bed, I'm sat in my garden in my pants and it's truly breathtaking out here. Wish it never had to end:(

Posted

19.3C here. The heat seems more west to north west this evening, although 19.3 is still making upstairs horrible!