Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

today is like Tues 30th June last year, and tomorrow like Wed 01 Jul? most storms then missed me to the north and west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

today is like Tues 30th June last year, and tomorrow like Wed 01 Jul? most storms then missed me to the north and west

I'd say that yesterday was 30th June (both reaching 30c), with the real heat in the mid-30s due today (1st July).

Posted

Even here near the coast its 26.9C already despite a min of 15.1C.

We've not hit 30C since 2001, could today be the day?

Posted
42 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Major similarities! Even the moon phase is the same as last year. Day 2 of the Full moon(fullest moon) was 1st July 2015 (hottest day) and 19th July 2016 (predicted hottest day) has the same full moon phase 2(fullest moon). Ive heard rumors that people change when theres a full moon but could the weather also:cc_confused: could be a remarkable coincidence of course:D

Edited by Matthew Wilson
  • Like 2

Posted

this is beautiful.

Alright, alright I concede, working during this is no fun, but i would honestly never get bored of this kind of weather in summer (maybe the odd fresher day thrown in would be nice)

Seriously considering sleeping in the garden tonight to experience this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
11 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

Major similarities! Even the moon phase is the same as last year. Day 2 of the Full moon(fullest moon) was 1st July 2015 (hottest day) and 19th July 2016 (predicted hottest day) has the same full moon phase 2(fullest moon). Ive heard rumors that people change when theres a full moon but could the weather also:cc_confused: could be a remarkable coincidence of course:D

I think that holds about as much truth as astrology!

• Like 2

Posted

Several London locations at 29c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Up to 28c here already, we just scraped 29c at peak afternoon heat yesterday, so we should sail past 30c today!

All eyes on Pershore and the W.Mids area, which is the favoured spot for 34/35c today according to the beeb!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Temperatures are already reaching what GFS said would be the peak today 29c it couldn't even get the max temps right with less than 24 hours to go....

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

What a horrid day yesterday was. High cloud and very humid. I allowed myself to be suckered in by you all. 

Today is at least sunny but my god, it's warm. 

GFS suggesting possible thunder from 4pm.

Edited by summer blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

I'm sure I've just driven through the Gates of Hades as I drove under the M25 going into London,bloody hot enough!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
13 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Temperatures are already reaching what GFS said would be the peak today 29c it couldn't even get the max temps right with less than 24 hours to go....

I noticed this too....why is it so bad at predicting temperatures?? You can excuse anomalies at 5 days away or so, but to be 5c out less than 24 hours before is so poor it's untrue. :nonono: 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was 25°C at 10am, here. At 11:50am, it's 25.6 °C - The strong wind is hampering temps today, which is a shame.

Posted

28.1C here now, so its the third warmest day of the last decade.

Far too hot for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Level 3 heatwave alert issued

Current watch level: Level 3 - Heatwave Action

Issued at: 0954 on Tue 19 Jul 2016

There is a 90 % probability of heatwave conditions between 1000 on Tuesday and 0900 on Thursday in parts of England.

Confidence is high in daytime maximum thesholds being exceeded in all regions of England on Tuesday afternoon. Confidence is likewise high in very warm overnight minima into Wednesday. There is lower confidence in sustained high daytime temperatures on Wednesday, with some uncertainty about the amount of cloud cover moving northeastwards on Wednesday. There is also lower confidence in the development of thunderstorms, which would serve to lower temperatures, with these thunderstorms more likely in northern and central areas. Humidity is expected to be high across England in this period as a whole, and the intervening night-time temperatures will remain in the low twenties of degrees Celsius across a large part of central and eastern England. Temperatures will moderate generally from the west by Thursday.

An update will be issued when the alert level changes in any region. Alerts are issued once a day by 0900 if required and are not subject to amendment in between standard issue times. Note that the details of the forecast weather are valid at the time of issue but may change over the period that an alert remains in force. These details will not be updated here unless the alert level also changes, the latest forecast details can be obtained at the following link: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/heat-health/#?tab=heatHealth

Current high 30.9 C at Heathrow,

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
44 minutes ago, reef said:

28.1C here now, so its the third warmest day of the last decade.

Far too hot for me!

Yep, already really unpleasant. Nothing enjoyable about being bathed in sweat!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

31.1c here currently, and I expect that to rise an bit in the next hour or two

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Can confirm,central London today is repulsively hot,quickier I leave the better!

• Like 3