Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fascinated by extreme weather. Despise drizzle.

Regarding shorter but more intense heatwaves... it's like we're getting brief tasters of what many parts of the world have already had to deal with as a result of climate change. Just look at the U.S. which has had it's hottest June on record and may even be in contention for the hottest summer on record due to a new bout of high-end heat now underway this month. It depends on August keeping the theme going, of course. Can't say I wish that on them though - they are seeing a lot of record high minimums, much as we might be about to, except for many days in a row!

Edit: just noticed that cooler air from The Channel has really made itself felt along the South Coast this evening, with 22*C in Hurn at 8pm compared to 25*C here just 20 miles inland. Temps probably won't fall that far there through the night, though, as the plume continues to pile in. I've been wondering if the notable breeze tomorrow might be enough to limit the extent to which very hot air from France (high 30s expected even in some northern parts) is modified on the way over. High-res models are showing 27-28*C within a mile of the shoreline tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Singularity
More.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
4 minutes ago, Singularity said:

Regarding shorter but more intense heatwaves... it's like we're getting brief tasters of what many parts of the world have already had to deal with as a result of climate change. Just look at the U.S. which has had it's hottest June on record and may even be in contention for the hottest summer on record due to a new bout of high-end heat now underway this month. It depends on August keeping the theme going, of course. Can't say I wish that on them though - they are seeing a lot of record high minimums, much as we might be about to, except for many days in a row!

And come winter they'll enter the freezer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

And come winter they'll enter the freezer

The USA: Land of the free and home of the weather!

Posted

I was playing football this evening...it was 27C at 7.30 pm in Manchester in the middle of the game. Definitely one of the warmer games I've played in the UK- very little breeze too and high humidity which made it hard work! Beautiful evening though. If only we could have more like this!

Posted

Two years ago today during the early hours, thunderstorms moved up from the south.

Clear skies above at the moment but there is a shallow fog here. Interesting that on the morning of what is probably going to be the hottest day of the year here, that we have a shallow fog.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Off to London today,can't wait,that lovely relaxing stress free comfortable enjoyable 34-35c heat awaits,what joy. It will make my day!......like being in hell really.

• Like 3

Posted

you training or driving?

driving may be marginally better today if you have aircon as i think the schools are off so the roads should be a tad quieter

Posted
Just now, NickMdx said:

you training or driving?

driving may be marginally better today if you have aircon as i think the schools are off so the roads should be a tad quieter

Driving,aircon on max in the car me thinks,thanks for the heads up about the schools,should help quite a bit,pity i'll have to get out of the car when i get there though!

Posted
11 minutes ago, NickMdx said:

the "scenery" should be good though :yahoo: wink wink etc

Oh yes,may have a stiff neck by the end of today! :D

Posted

Some overnight 'lows'

Edinburgh 14C

Belfast 16C

Nottingham 17C

Cardiff, 15C

Plymouth 19C

Guernsey 20C

London 18C

Posted

The UK minimum record for July could well be broken tonight 23.3c is the figure to beat which was set in St James's Park, London way back in 1948 on the 29th July

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

You know it's going to be a hot one when it's 25C before 9am! 

Posted
36 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

You know it's going to be a hot one when it's 25C before 9am! 

Indeed just looking at the temps Heathrow was showing 24c at 08:50!

Bournemouth and Manchester (Airports) were both showing 25c as well

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Heathrow at 26.9C, pretty hot given that it's only 10am!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

27c at Heathrow at 10am; this time yesterday it was only 19-20c!  Temps climbing by about 2c per hour, so could easily see mid-30s by 5pm.