Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted

Grey grey grey grey once again and same tomorrow stuck under this ruddy weather front only to shoot up to 25c on working Monday! :nonono::nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

seriously guys, this thread is full of people bemoaning heat in summer (short-lived heat at that).

We have to endure your preferential temperature of 12-16 degrees for 362 days of the year, i'm sure you can manage 3 little days;)

I'm not a cold fan at all, but i would happily endure 3 days of actual winter so the cold fans can get their fix and be happy for them

Your missing the point i'm afraid,i'm sure nobody on here bemoans heat in summer,it's your season to enjoy but with the heat comes the problems of unpleasant working conditions and couple that with warm nights makes sleeping tricky for many. You may enjoy it,many do not,sorry. Fully understand the frustration you must have though. Hope you can enjoy it while it lasts and i've got a feeling it may return next month.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Birthday bbq is about to start, sky threatening drizzle. This needs to clear up fast! Don't care about monday and tuesday, need summer today!

Posted
3 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

30c reaching parts of Yorkshire on Tuesday high 20's for many parts of England and Wales with mid 20's for parts of Scotland and NI

CneHl88WIAA_qcD.jpg

Look out for airborne pigs on the satellite....

Would love it to come off (and get those 30s into Wales to make us safe), but this is post-2007 Britain. Everything like that normally turns out to be a cloudfest except in the bloody Saffeast. However Tuesday is the 10th anniversary. What a day it would be to break the 30C curse!

• Like 2

Posted

It probably will come off as it's a Tuesday, if it was a Saturday or Sunday those 30c's would end up in Berlin whilst we sat under raging westerlies :laugh:

Wish i'd gone down south for the weekend, unfortunately i'm 100% certain the cloud won't break up till 9pm tomorrow here.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Azazel said:

seriously guys, this thread is full of people bemoaning heat in summer (short-lived heat at that).

We have to endure your preferential temperature of 12-16 degrees for 362 days of the year, i'm sure you can manage 3 little days;)

I'm not a cold fan at all, but i would happily endure 3 days of actual winter so the cold fans can get their fix and be happy for them

I'm not a heat fan, but would make a change to have it, suppose I am happy for Frosty etc as well! so not moaning about it yet, as it looks like just 1-2 days here

Posted

Thankfully now looking like a one day tuesday heatwave in my neck of the woods so even a really old fart like me can cope with that!:)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
29 minutes ago, markyo said:

Thankfully now looking like a one day tuesday heatwave in my neck of the woods so even a really old fart like me can cope with that!:)

The beeb forecast for your part

24c Monday

29c Tuesday

24c Wednesday

Thursday on-wards 20c

Away from Sheffield some big thunderstorms could develop Tuesday night and into Wednesday

24234.png

Where they develop remains to be seen but some flash flooding and travel disruption could be on the cards

Posted
5 hours ago, Summer of 95 said:

Look out for airborne pigs on the satellite....

Would love it to come off (and get those 30s into Wales to make us safe), but this is post-2007 Britain. Everything like that normally turns out to be a cloudfest except in the bloody Saffeast. However Tuesday is the 10th anniversary. What a day it would be to break the 30C curse!

Indeed. I'm still scarred by last year's M*dern Plume, which was looking excellent until the day itself. An abject failure.

Hope to get something out of the other days too. Can't be having the warmth teasing just to the south...

Edited by AderynCoch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

It reached 33C on 1 July last year here. Sunny Sheffield also reached 33C and broke its July record high. Don't see that occurring again this year, but 30C seems possible. 30C is uncommon but not exceptional, most years reach it at least once. Not so much after 2007 though - reached it in 2011, 2013 and 2015. Reached it every year bar one from 1995 to 2006 (1998 failed, horrid summer to boot), most frequently in August. 32C in June 2001 though.

Edited by cheese

Posted
28 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The beeb forecast for your part

24c Monday

29c Tuesday

24c Wednesday

Thursday on-wards 20c

Away from Sheffield some big thunderstorms could develop Tuesday night and into Wednesday

24234.png

Where they develop remains to be seen but some flash flooding and travel disruption could be on the cards

Many thanks for that,i'll keep a very careful watch,may be interesting! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The maxima on Tuesday aren't as bad as the predicted minima overnight. Many areas will struggle to see temperatures below 20c, with dew points approaching 20c themselves. That's about as uncomfortable as it gets here. Got work on Wednesday morning too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

The expected forecast for here didn't materialise, instead the usual damp, chilly cloudfest with the sun making an appearance just now, again as expected to lead to yet another unseasonably cold night.  Tomorrow? I'm not holding my breath.  As for the forecast 30C on Tuesday I've got binoculars ready to watch the 633 Porcine Squadron flapping past. 

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
grammar
  • Like 1

Posted

Looking like a good 10c drop in temps for northern areas by thursday,may be able to come out of me cave by then!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Feels quite warm but I wish this bloody cloud would go away! It's endless, hopefully sunnier tomorrow onwards.

Posted
6 minutes ago, cheese said:

f810747f488742d9af2bed3f72075e27.png

Not looking good,better get my cave dug deeper to avoid that lot!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
15 minutes ago, markyo said:

Not looking good,better get my cave dug deeper to avoid that lot!

I'm sure you'll cope, the other 362 days this year are sure to be more to your liking! 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

I'm sure you'll cope, the other 362 days this year are sure to be more to your liking! 

Very true,enjoy it while it lasts,fingers crossed it stay's longer in your neck of the woods,it's been a crap summer so far for you,way time you got your weather! Myself i'll just hunker down in the cave and try and avoid it,no where near as tough as you southerners! :(