Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

reminds me more of Dec to Feb, SS the chart anyway, looks like strong jet and Atlantic air

Agreed, the Atlantic has been viciously strong now for what seems like an eternity..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looking like first half of july is no go for any heat,warming maybe but to much atlantic influence,this could prove to be a very poor summer i'm afraid. Not good.

Posted
6 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looking like first half of july is no go for any heat,warming maybe but to much atlantic influence,this could prove to be a very poor summer i'm afraid. Not good.

Well its still early days but the last week or so has been pretty rotten round these parts, next week we might get away with a few nice days but after that its back to troughsville by the look of the output and the meto update, for sure it looks better the further south and east you go ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

Evidence please? We're only four days past the first half of June. While you've been sat in here moaning about about how bad it is, I've been outside enjoying it, so far.

Posted
1 minute ago, Mapantz said:

Evidence please? We're only four days past the first half of June. While you've been sat in here moaning about about how bad it is, I've been outside enjoying it, so far.

To be fair its probably a lot different up north to down south, its more like Autmun here ive had the heating on the last few days!!

Posted
Just now, northwestsnow said:

To be fair its probably a lot different up north to down south, its more like Autmun here ive had the heating on the last few days!!

It probably has been, which is why the brush he is tarring with, needs to be soaked in some diesel.

Posted
14 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Indeed.  While those up north have been trying to wrap up warm, down here in the urban jungle we've been subjected to extreme humidity, with doopoints generally around 12-13C. Stifling. Sounds dull and boring up north. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
30 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Look at the meto outlook,consistant for last 7 days,showing no real heat! They could be wrong but we'll see. Hopefully they are for summer lovers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

Agreed, the Atlantic has been viciously strong now for what seems like an eternity..

Ummm, no it hasn't? With the exception of half of March, the Atlantic has been pretty dead since the start of February.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, northwestsnow said:

It's been rubbish everywhere. June is likely to be one of the dullest on record at this rate.

Edited by cheese

Posted
3 minutes ago, cheese said:

It's been rubbish everywhere. June is likely to be one of the dullest on record at this rate.

Not quite everywhere cheese. While I concede that there has been below average sunshine hours, rainfall is well below average here, and the  temperature has been running 1.7°C above our regional average.

Here's a couple of my graphs:

chart (1).png chart.png chart (2).png

One thing I would mention about sunshine hours, there have been numerous days that cloud has inhibited my station from recording sunshine, but a lot of those days have still been bright, if that makes sense?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

So far this month Shetland have had just 3mm of rain whilst Sutton Bonington has had 111mm of rain

In Darlington we've had 5.1mm to the 18th this will increase with this afternoon and evenings rain

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Another horrible June day here after some brief warm sunshine earlier on. Drizzle and rain on and off now and a chilly 16C. Thoroughly fed up with it now, that bloody jet stream needs to shift north asap!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Hopefully we will see a decent August this time, or a decent pattern change come mid July. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Not quite everywhere cheese. While I concede that there has been below average sunshine hours, rainfall is well below average here, and the  temperature has been running 1.7°C above our regional average.

Here's a couple of my graphs:

chart (1).png chart.png chart (2).png

One thing I would mention about sunshine hours, there have been numerous days that cloud has inhibited my station from recording sunshine, but a lot of those days have still been bright, if that makes sense?

Yes that makes sense - at this time of year most cloudy days will be bright anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer
10 hours ago, markyo said:

Agreed! Too much wishful thinking going on here.  La nina isnt supposed to start kicking in from August and I think we're slowly migrating into that territory already. I see a damp and wet summer full of thundery warm plumes  . I'm worried this year will be absent of a 30c and statistically speaking we are long overdue a summer when 30c isn't reached.        

Posted

It's silly to write off the summer for everyone based on the fact that we are only just over halfway into June and though it hasn't been as settled as it was at the beginning it has been decent temperature wise in the South. According to the models July could see more in the way of high pressure influence across the South, to begin with and maybe it could spread north too? Who knows. But it's foolish to say there absolutely won't be any more good weather in July and August based on an unsettled second week in June. The Atlantic also hasn't been extremely active since March.

• Like 1

Posted

Good morning.. This is what annoys me about these long range forecasts of more settled spells of weather.. You can look at long range models untill you are blue in the face.. Doesnt mean thats what willl happen.. I'm not dissing anyones positive spin on things..Infact am all for it. Just simply you can not predict long range weather in the UK. Our climate is too complex for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
11 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

Another horrible June day here after some brief warm sunshine earlier on. Drizzle and rain on and off now and a chilly 16C. Thoroughly fed up with it now, that bloody jet stream needs to shift north asap!

A holiday in hot sunny Spain will cheer you up:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, Frosty. said:

A holiday in hot sunny Spain will cheer you up:D

Yep! Only 6 days to go....as for today, it's a sopping wet one here, looks like rain most of the day. Happy Solstice :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
2 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yep! Only 6 days to go....as for today, it's a sopping wet one here, looks like rain most of the day. Happy Solstice :D

Lol yeah it's the longest day today with it being a leap year, but next week you will be on the beach in sunny Spain, enjoy:drinks:

The-Spanish-Costas.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

i'm pessimistic about summer's chances now. It's absolutely filthy outside. The weather was much nicer here in the run up to Christmas.

• Like 2