Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

It would be a pretty awful summer that didn't record 30c, we usually see around 4-5 such days per summer. Anything less than the below would be poor.

30c: 4-5 days

26.7c/80f: 15-20 days

25c: 28-29 days

20c: 100-110 days

Edited by B87

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Start on of next week not looking comfortable at all,humid cloudy skies and low twenties,unplesent to say the least

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales
13 minutes ago, markyo said:

Start on of next week not looking comfortable at all,humid cloudy skies and low twenties,unplesent to say the least

Your like a broken record

Posted
10 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

Your like a broken record

Just my opinion,we are all entitled to one don't forget

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

Anyone know when we last had a 30c before the solstice or could post a list of years it happened? It must be 7/8 years since the last 30c so it must be a record now the longest period without a 30c pre solstice.  Hope someone can confirm stats with a list, thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

An extremely dreary non summer-like day here. Not much sign of the forecast showers and storms, just endless cloud, drizzle and cool temperatures. Boring! Next week thankfully looks much warmer.

Posted

This june has got off to a cracking startet humid very warm, very thundery first half,its had everything you`d want.

But this past week has been one of the wettest I`ve recorded for 1 week at 87mm,not that far off the infamous june 2007 for the amount of rainfall in one week.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

once the weather sets in this patern takes a hell of a lot to change it..I don't get the smirking louise lear and her mention of childs sports days and things.. what we need is  large area of high pressure etc. whats all that nonsense about??

its rained every day for a week now..Just hope we aint in for a wet summer.. Seems to be heading that way.. Even the met office.. says rain from time to time.. so basically rain most of the time. But we will  cover it up with word play..

Posted
6 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

once the weather sets in this patern takes a hell of a lot to change it..I don't get the smirking louise lear and her mention of childs sports days and things.. what we need is  large area of high pressure etc. whats all that nonsense about??

its rained every day for a week now..Just hope we aint in for a wet summer.. Seems to be heading that way.. Even the met office.. says rain from time to time.. so basically rain most of the time. But we will  cover it up with word play..

From sunday a pleasant change on the way as a whole. Not full HP but high enough for where we live to bring much better conditions than this week. You will notice the difference, not as humid also. Fresher and pleasantly warm bar a little rain.

Posted

thats the thing though a little rain.. It will more than likely rain most days..The air is unsettled now..we'll see. But i  dont call a summers day  a day that rains.

Would be nice if we actully got  a dry now and then. we were doing good  for a summer untill a week ago.. now its back to the usual dross..

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted

Yes this week has been awful! But that's only because Low P has sat on top of us. Next week the Low will be sat near Iceland instead  and leave a pleasant westerly flow.

Posted

Was going to post how i'd just been through the best thunder/rain storm i've seen in years but just heard of the death of Jo Cox MP,she was a MP only a few miles away as the crow flies,such sad news,she was trying to improve lives and got her's taken for the effort. Puts things into perspective.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The latest LFR from the beeb shows the jet stream running through the middle of the UK to the north unsettled to the south drier and brighter

4565754.png

The 2nd option is for the Jet to have more of a kink to it if it did we'd import some much warmer and humid air triggering off some thunderstorms

4645768.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36554861

Posted

One of these days we'll manage a warm spell which we don't have to pay for with an extended period of atrocious weather. Things haven't merely returned to normal; they've gone in the exact opposite direction. I've seen about ten minutes of sun in the past week, which is absolutely horrendous for the middle of June. A couple of thunderstorms have partially redeemed this sorry spell, which has otherwise been reminiscent of the ghastly July of 2010, but I'm desperate for some sunshine. I'm spending the weekend in Glasgow so I doubt I'll see an improvement any time soon. I just wish I'd gone two weeks ago.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

HP is so rare nowadays in all months it's unreal, how much our weather has changed, seems not just winters after all that are LP dominated

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
9 hours ago, 40*C said:

Anyone know when we last had a 30c before the solstice or could post a list of years it happened? It must be 7/8 years since the last 30c so it must be a record now the longest period without a 30c pre solstice.  Hope someone can confirm stats with a list, thanks

2005 and 2011 both had 32C hit before the solistace.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

HP is so rare nowadays in all months it's unreal, how much our weather has changed, seems not just winters after all that are LP dominated

Not sure about that- high pressure dominated for much of June & July 2013, June & July 2014, September 2014, April 2015, September 2015, October 2015.  After 2013/14 we can't even say that high pressure has avoided the main summer months- in western Britain July 2013 was right up there with the top few hottest and sunniest Julys on record.

There was certainly a lack of high pressure-dominated summer months between 2007 and 2012 inclusive, but then again, we had an anomalous abundance of them near the end of the 20th century, especially the period 1989-1996.

• Like 2

Posted

Looking bit better for next week now,just wish,wish we could see some blinking blue sky and sun for a change. Last nights storms where a bonus though,long time since the cars been wading through water like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Has been a lot wetter this summer than last so far..last year April May June and July were pretty dry although not overly warm..this year so far April May and June have been wetter than normal..June has been very much a wet miserable month to date...the worse summer month I have experienced since July 2007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

GFS can be such a tease at times! Hello summer if its right!

ukmaxtemp (3).pngukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp (4).pngukmaxtemp (5).png

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

GFS can be such a tease at times! Hello summer if its right!

ukmaxtemp (3).pngukmaxtemp.pngukmaxtemp (4).pngukmaxtemp (5).png

Me thinks that would be highly unlikely outcome i'm afraid.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
21 minutes ago, markyo said:

Me thinks that would be highly unlikely outcome i'm afraid.

Why would it be highly unlikely? It's completely normal to get temperatures like that for a few days in late June and even more so as we move into July. It's not like it's showing a mega 35C heatwave or something.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

29c at the end of June is nothing special.  It happens most years.  

We desperately need some sun here, haven't even hit 55 hours for the month yet. We are well, well, well overdue a sunny and warm summer.  

• Like 1

Posted
30 minutes ago, cheese said:

Why would it be highly unlikely? It's completely normal to get temperatures like that for a few days in late June and even more so as we move into July. It's not like it's showing a mega 35C heatwave or something.

Just saying what i'm seeing with regard to the met model for next week end,in my opinion they generally but not always pickup pretty well on any trends. For guys like yourself who appreciate the hot weather i really hope i'm wrong. Everybody should take enjoyment from their preferred weather and its well over due this summer. I wine about the heat and humidity but that's because i dislike it,it certainly doesn't mean others shouldn't enjoy it,far from it!

• Like 2