Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Coventry Airport, London Southend Airport, Fairford Airport & Mildenhall Royal Air Force are all reporting 23c with Cambridge close behind at 22c

Posted

can't complain about todays weather either ,lovely summers day.. Not wall to wall sunshine.. but lovely warm feeling.. Last week in May and most of June so far.. apart from the odd day here and there.. Been very good weatehrwise if you like summery weather that it.. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
32 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

The first third of June looks like coming out quite a bit above average temperature wise looking at the CET and drier also. A welcome start to Summer!

At the expense of us lot down here, where it has been cooler, wetter and much cloudier than average for the first week of June so far.

Posted

Not rained in Cardiff for 12 days.  Been mostly warm for the last 7 days as well.  Think its about 1 days rain in 3 weeks.  Ground is rock solid now.  All change in the next few days but its been a great start to summer here.  Unfortunately as happened last year work have ordered fans because its been too hot in the office.  They did it last year and didn't have one hot day after that.  Hope its not the same this year.

edit.  there may have been the odd 5 minute shower and i mean the odd one but nothing of any note whatsoever.

Edited by SLAMMER

Posted
40 minutes ago, SLAMMER said:

Not rained in Cardiff for 12 days.  Been mostly warm for the last 7 days as well.  Think its about 1 days rain in 3 weeks.  Ground is rock solid now.  All change in the next few days but its been a great start to summer here.  Unfortunately as happened last year work have ordered fans because its been too hot in the office.  They did it last year and didn't have one hot day after that.  Hope its not the same this year.

edit.  there may have been the odd 5 minute shower and i mean the odd one but nothing of any note whatsoever.

Quite right Slammer but I can't see any great change coming in this area in the short term.  My water butt is empty and my garden is very dry.  Looking at all forecasts certainly for the Cardiff area, there is very little rain around even with the supposed breakdown in the good weather coming.  Yes temps will drop back but even the Meto 7 dayer only gives risks of showers on Sunday and that's at 2pm today going up to Tuesday next week!  Roll on Summer 2016!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Banging headache,can't stop sneezing(even with tablets),wonder why summer is not my season. Very humid today more so than yesterday where i was,really can't wait for this crap to go. Does nobody any good at all if they have to work in it. Every single customer i've been to for the last 2 days has complained how uncomfortable it is so it's not just me being a old fart who bangs on about how he hates the heat!!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
7 minutes ago, markyo said:

Banging headache,can't stop sneezing(even with tablets),wonder why summer is not my season. Very humid today more so than yesterday where i was,really can't wait for this crap to go. Does nobody any good at all if they have to work in it. Every single customer i've been to for the last 2 days has complained how uncomfortable it is so it's not just me being a old fart who bangs on about how he hates the heat!!

Yesterday was 26C and midday humidity was 49% - in what universe is that 'humid'? It isn't even remotely hot! Christ almighty.. you'd probably wilt and die like a stressed flower if you went to Florida!!

As for today - it's 19C with 83% humidity. In most places in the world, this weather would be exceptionally cool for the time of year. 

We really are not a tough nation at all if we moan like little girls whenever it's a tiny bit warm.. there are people going to work in New York and Chicago every day with weather far, far, far warmer than anything we have at the moment. 

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.
17 minutes ago, markyo said:

Yes, not my kind of weather at all. Hay fever problems galore and quite uncomfortable to do anything in. Hopefully it won't continue all Summer.

• Like 3

Posted
56 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yesterday was 26C and midday humidity was 49% - in what universe is that 'humid'? It isn't even remotely hot! Christ almighty.. you'd probably wilt and die like a stressed flower if you went to Florida!!

As for today - it's 19C with 83% humidity. In most places in the world, this weather would be exceptionally cool for the time of year. 

We really are not a tough nation at all if we moan like little girls whenever it's a tiny bit warm.. there are people going to work in New York and Chicago every day with weather far, far, far warmer than anything we have at the moment. 

Let me get this very straight,my job entails working in conditions you would never ever be able to cope with,i have to be timed at certain sites entrance and exit due to health and safety,my working day is obviously so much more extreme than your comment stressed flower is way off the mark. I have to take salt solutions on 3 customers sites!! Suspect your job is very desk bound and not in anyway physical!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Most of us in this country are happy in 18C-20C in Summer clothing (some of us, myself included, are fine even in the low teens in Summer clothing). As you said, for most of the rest of the world, this is exceptionally cool for the time of year. They'd all be wearing jumpers and sweaters in such temperatures. So actually, perhaps we're the tough ones?

Can I please request that you tone it down a little, your aggressive posts are becoming rather tiresome.

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
3 hours ago, cheese said:

Not hot? Being exposed to the June sun with temps of 26C would feel hot unless you are a skinny rake or have a circulation problem.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Let me get this very straight,my job entails working in conditions you would never ever be able to cope with,i have to be timed at certain sites entrance and exit due to health and safety,my working day is obviously so much more extreme than your comment stressed flower is way off the mark. I have to take salt solutions on 3 customers sites!! Suspect your job is very desk bound and not in anyway physical!

Know exactly what you mean markyo, I've been scrubbing and cleaning all day today with the windows and doors wide open, and in this heat it's been really quite unpleasant. This sort of weather really isn't fun when doing anything physical.

It's not just us who are ultra-soft freaks of nature markyo as some may try to make us believe, people in the local area here have been complaining a lot on social media about the lack of sleep and heat over the last couple of days. The temperature in my room hasn't dropped below 24C in days, horrible!

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
15 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Not hot? Being exposed to the June sun with temps of 26C would feel hot unless you are a skinny rake or have a circulation problem.

26c in summer is pleasantly warm.  It's common, so you get used to it, and after a heatwave these sorts of temps feel quite cool/fresh.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
16 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

Know exactly what you mean markyo, I've been scrubbing and cleaning all day today with the windows and doors wide open, and in this heat it's been really quite unpleasant. This sort of weather really isn't fun when doing anything physical.

It's not just us who are ultra-soft freaks of nature markyo as some may try to make us believe, people in the local area here have been complaining a lot on social media about the lack of sleep and heat over the last couple of days. The temperature in my room hasn't dropped below 24C in days, horrible!

I think if we consistently got temperatures in the mid to high twenties then I think many would get used to it. My fiancée isn't a fan of heat but coped fine out in Florida in late-July where minimum temperatures are higher than the average maxima here. 

Personally 25C is perfect for me, even today at 23C with a fresh NE wind it did feel a little cool in just a t-shirt. My workplace is a joy in the summer as I work with 5 machines which all have internal furnaces set to 1200C, yeah it gets unpleasantly hot at times in there.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
Just now, B87 said:

26c in summer is pleasantly warm.  It's common, so you get used to it, and after a heatwave these sorts of temps feel quite cool/fresh.

It may be common in London but away from the SE corner it becomes less so. And anyway recently we have had higher temps than London and a lot more sun which has really heated up the house. To have a very warm house for days on end is not normal here. The temp is currently 24C in my bedroom & has been for about 4 days now - for most normal people that sort of temp is hard to sleep properly in without waking up sweating or a headache. There hasn't been much of a breeze lately here either so even with the windows open I am unable to aerate the property. Personally I am not a lover of fans as I think all they do is blow the warm air around, they don't actually drop the indoor temp.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm not sure whether it's down to 'age', but I suspect it is:

In 1975 and 1976, I was playing badminton and tennis in temperatures above 32C and had no problems whatsoever. But, since returning from Scotland, in 2010, even 22C is too hot!

Then again, I can go shopping wearing only jeans and a tee-shirt, when it's only 10C, and feel quite comfortable!:shok:

• Like 2

Posted
51 minutes ago, Relativistic said:

Most of us in this country are happy in 18C-20C in Summer clothing (some of us, myself included, are fine even in the low teens in Summer clothing). As you said, for most of the rest of the world, this is exceptionally cool for the time of year. They'd all be wearing jumpers and sweaters in such temperatures. So actually, perhaps we're the tough ones?

Can I please request that you tone it down a little, your aggressive posts are becoming rather tiresome.

Sorry, but I do not believe for one second that anyone finds 26C 'too warm'. It's completely absurd. Your house/flat/whatever may well become too warm after a string of warm, sunny days - but that's only because houses in the UK are designed to retain heat. It has nothing to do with 26C being unbearably hot - because it simply isn't. The sun isn't even particularly strong in the UK at any time of year considering our northerly latitude. 

26C is less common here than it is in London but not so infrequent that it's deemed a heatwave. 

Seriously, it feels like whenever the sun comes out for more than 10 minutes at a time, people start crying that it's sooooo hot. It isn't just a case of my job being physically inactive either - I am very active in all weathers outside of work, and will happily go for an afternoon run when it's 23C (no doubt a few on here would die after the first 10 seconds).

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold & dry or cold & snow but definitely not oppresive heat and humidity

Sorry, but I do not believe for one second that anyone finds 26C 'too warm'.

Then I'm afraid that you are wrong. Anything above about 15c is "too warm" and anything above 20c is "too hot" for my personal comfort. I do not tolerate heat well at all and I have experienced temps from sub Arctic to desert and I know which I prefer. We are all different.

Edited by NPUK
  • Like 5

Posted
33 minutes ago, cheese said:

Sorry, but I do not believe for one second that anyone finds 26C 'too warm'. It's completely absurd. Your house/flat/whatever may well become too warm after a string of warm, sunny days - but that's only because houses in the UK are designed to retain heat. It has nothing to do with 26C being unbearably hot - because it simply isn't. The sun isn't even particularly strong in the UK at any time of year considering our northerly latitude. 

26C is less common here than it is in London but not so infrequent that it's deemed a heatwave. 

Seriously, it feels like whenever the sun comes out for more than 10 minutes at a time, people start crying that it's sooooo hot. It isn't just a case of my job being physically inactive either - I am very active in all weathers outside of work, and will happily go for an afternoon run when it's 23C (no doubt a few on here would die after the first 10 seconds).

This seems to be your problem, anyone who isn't you is just wrong or weird! Why is it so hard to believe that others are different from yourself?

The rest of your post is (mostly) sensible.

But we don't cry, we just moan. We're British, some of us love a moan :)

Edited by Relativistic
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, NPUK said:

Then I'm afraid that you are wrong. Anything above about 15c is "too warm" and anything above 20c is "too hot" for my personal comfort. I do not tolerate heat well at all and I have experienced temps from sub Arctic to desert and I know which I prefer. We are all different.

In my case, I can put it all down to my being an 'old codger'...But for those that watch Newcastle United's games, I'm not so sure?:shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

25C is perfectly fine when you haven't got the added burden of the mid June sun beating down on you or if you can just laze about all day. I personally find anything above about 25C too much when you need to do any physical exertion, however. I was a sweaty mess when I got to work after a brisk walk in the other day- my back was soaked. Don't see how anyone can find that comfortable.

• Like 5

Posted
6 hours ago, Relativistic said:

This seems to be your problem, anyone who isn't you is just wrong or weird! Why is it so hard to believe that others are different from yourself?

People can have their own preferences (I myself prefer temps of 23C as an average), but unless you're an unhealthy person I'm struggling to understand why 26C would feel 'unbearably hot' - let alone anything above 15C. If you're running a marathon then sure, 26C isn't very nice at all - but otherwise? Meh. I've talked to people who found any warmth unbearable because they were overweight, but found it easier to deal with after losing weight. Not implying that any of you are overweight - but it's one of many things that can contribute to someone finding warmth hard to deal with, and finding certain temperatures hotter than they ought to feel. 

I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, I just don't understand why someone would feel hot in temperatures that ought to be ideal for humans (but then again, why do so many on here love the cold even though there's nothing particularly nice about it?!).

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer

in my opinion 26 is a tad too warm on the pleasant side. anything above should be considered a heatwave, people react differently to different temps. Already seen people on facebook whinging its too hot when its only 24.      

• Like 1

Posted
8 hours ago, Relativistic said:

Very well put,some people just have no tolerance over how other people react to various types of weather. They are right and that's it. A very strange way of expressing themselves in my opinion.

• Like 4