Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Looks like it will be a very uncomfortable night tonight,just what I could do without. The joy of summer is just so wonderful!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Well what a day! Thunderstorms really cracking off now and temps in the mid to high 20's celsius....this is my idea of ideal summer weather, hot sun and a threat of thunder...wish this could last for the next 3 months!:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
16 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looks like it will be a very uncomfortable night tonight,just what I could do without. The joy of summer is just so wonderful!

I used to like very warm/hot weather but as I get older the less I am enjoying it, last night was uncomfortable - I only slept a couple of hours & then there's the ridiculous time it gets light - lay in bed & birds started chirping at 3:30am! lol :cc_confused: I think my tolerance for cold is much better.

Edited by Frost HoIIow
  • Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

I used to like very warm/hot weather but as I get older the less I am enjoying it, last night was uncomfortable - I only slept a couple of hours & then there's the ridiculous time it gets light - lay in bed & birds started chirping at 3:30am! lol :cc_confused: I think my tolerance for cold is much better.

Oh yes,very much the same,hate the stuffiness of the warm night,even with a fan on it makes little difference. And when our little friends start stretching their wings it makes one yearn  for those cool autumn mornings!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Well this summer-lover is severely depressed just now. Because of the sodding timing of the current spell and it's imminent finish.

I'm not even that interested in hot/sunny weather just now (much though I enjoy it).

All I care about are the prospects for the weekend of Saturday 18th June onwards -- ie Glastonbury week. We're crew, and will be on site for ten days

Yet in the latest chat/models on the Model Output Discussion thread thread -- including those posted by Frosty --, all I see is extreme deep-low domination for the whole of the foreseeable, from this weekend onwards. What happened to prospects of a a nice late-June spell, that were still being mentioned as recently as yesterday?

Any hopes? Or am I over-reacting/being over-paranoid?

Edited by William of Walworth
Typos

Posted
9 minutes ago, William of Walworth said:

Well this summer-lover is severely depressed just now. Because of the sodding timing of the current spell and it's imminent finish.

I'm not even that interested in hot/sunny weather just now (much though I enjoy it).

All I care about are the prospects for the weekend of Saturday 18th June onwards -- ie Glastonbury week. We're crew, and will be on site for ten days

Yet in the latest chat/models on the Model Output Discussion thread thread -- including those posted by Frosty --, all I see is extreme deep-low domination for the whole of the foreseeable, from this weekend onwards. What happened to prospects of a a nice late-June spell, that were still being mentioned as recently as yesterday?

Any hopes? Or am I over-reacting/being over-paranoid?

The only hope is that the rain might be showery in nature and temps high-teens. Drier from the last third..but speculative.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, Frosty. said:

Well what a day! Thunderstorms really cracking off now and temps in the mid to high 20's celsius....this is my idea of ideal summer weather, hot sun and a threat of thunder...wish this could last for the next 3 months!:D

yes ideal summer weather, not painfully hot, (don't like it too hot) last day really tomorrow before cooler winds arrive Thursday

160611.png

just looking at this, looks more like Nov to Feb to me, not saying it will feel like it but looks ugly

Posted

Looking like rest of june will be hit and miss for those chasing heat,very much like winter and the cold lovers. Early to make any proper predication but i would probably hedge my bet that we've seen the highest temps nationwide for this summer. Don't get me wrong local temps could top this easily top this but as for a sustained period of 25plus temps covering most areas i personally would bet against. Just a gut feeling with the way the mobility of the weather is becoming more and more unpredictable. Could be talking b******s though which i'm sure many on here would agree with!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
40 minutes ago, markyo said:

Looking like rest of june will be hit and miss for those chasing heat,very much like winter and the cold lovers. Early to make any proper predication but i would probably hedge my bet that we've seen the highest temps nationwide for this summer. Don't get me wrong local temps could top this easily top this but as for a sustained period of 25plus temps covering most areas i personally would bet against. Just a gut feeling with the way the mobility of the weather is becoming more and more unpredictable. Could be talking b******s though which i'm sure many on here would agree with!!

Considering we're only 7 days into summer it would be easy to see why

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 4

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Considering we're only 7 days into summer it would be easy to see why

We will see and then i will be shot down in flames for my opinion!

Posted
5 minutes ago, markyo said:

We will see and then i will be shot down in flames for my opinion!

The West in particular has already seen a remarkable 1st week of Summer- probably one of the best in many years for early June. The second is unsettled but still could be reasonable. A long Summer ahead and we've already had a good week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, markyo said:

Today was only 26C in Leeds - if that was our highest temperature all summer, it'd put us on par with the dreadful summer of 2012 and worse than 2007 and 2008. Possible, but I don't see it happening. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
16 minutes ago, Matthew Wilson said:

The West in particular has already seen a remarkable 1st week of Summer- probably one of the best in many years for early June. The second is unsettled but still could be reasonable. A long Summer ahead and we've already had a good week!

That's great if you live in the West. But unfortunately most of us don't, and apart from a couple of days here and there, it's been a poor start for warmth this year, and was very tempted to put on the central heating for the last 2 weeks.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Today was only 26C in Leeds - if that was our highest temperature all summer, it'd put us on par with the dreadful summer of 2012 and worse than 2007 and 2008. Possible, but I don't see it happening. 

Remember 2012 delivered our warmest temp in the very good spell late May. Its unusual but not out of the ordinary for the warmest conditions of the season to occur before mid June. On average though mid July- mid August normally returns the warmest weather.

It has been an excellent start to summer here, temps the past 4 days have been above 23 degrees which is very decent for the Lake District, indeed we hit 26 degrees yesterday and Sunday, and we've had barely any rain for nearly 2 weeks. I'll be very surprised if we see an equivalent spell of dry weather rest of the summer, as traditionally we tend to see rainfall amounts increase from late June onwards the drier part of the year Feb-June coming to an end.

Posted

Why do i always hear  its like 2012.. and its gonna be like 2006  everytime a weather patern changes.this is 2016. The weather will act how its meant to this year..No one knows what July and august will be like..But I have a good feeling 2016 will go down as a pretty decent summer..

We don't get weeks of 25C+ in the UK.. the weather is bound to change now and then. what i see happening this summer even during the less settled spells. we will get 2/3 days inbetween where it acceptable summer weather .. 2015 was sh|t  and was to cold.  lets hope for better. Not 2012 or  2007.. :yahoo:

Edited by weatherguru14
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I live in the same city as you and didn't find 2015 'sh*t'. It was extremely average in almost every aspect. A cold summer it certainly wasn't.

Edited by cheese

Posted

What a awful night for sleeping,would have had that wistful dream of a frosty winters morn if i'd actually been able able to get to flipping sleep!! Here's hoping to a improvement and the drop in night time temps continues well into the coming weeks. This is the main reason i hate summer months,it just makes going to work so much harder after such broken sleep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb

Another summer with below average sunshine then.. We've been 'lucky' this year as every month has seen average sun, but as soon as June comes around it turns gloomy. We've only seen 23 hrs so far after 1 week! If this keeps up then June 2012's record will be obliterated!

Edited by B87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Now when did I last see this set-up...

325353.png

Hopefully that high won't sit in the same position as last week if it does mover close by

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36475471

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Lovely weather Sunday-Tuesday albeit it was too warm last night. Cloud has increased here this morning and Friday now looks a washout so i suspect those of us in West Yorkshire will have probably seen the best of it yesterday even if it stays warm for the remainder of the week. 

It's notable that whichever model you look at, those heights to the north seem to be ever present. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

A dreadful start to Summer here with that awful week of gloom and cold. The temperatures in the run up to Christmas were better! Completely ridiculous BUT the last 3 days were very nice indeed and last nights storms were a fantastic bonus! Much more of that would be good but sadly, it looks pretty vile from the weekend for a good week at the least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Csa/Csb
16 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

A dreadful start to Summer here with that awful week of gloom and cold. The temperatures in the run up to Christmas were better! Completely ridiculous BUT the last 3 days were very nice indeed and last nights storms were a fantastic bonus! Much more of that would be good but sadly, it looks pretty vile from the weekend for a good week at the least.

It's been terrible, 22.6 hrs of sun after the first week of June, when it should be around 50-60!  Even with the last couple of warm days, average temps for the month are still down after the November-like start.  Long term forecast isn't looking great either, considering we should be seeing temps around 21-22c in the middle of June.

Storms were excellent though!

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, cheese said:

I live in the same city as you and didn't find 2015 'sh*t'. It was extremely average in almost every aspect. A cold summer it certainly wasn't.

right ok!!  even though it was  a cold summer..

• Like 1