Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The Weather Outlook is going for a hot dry August and a warm  summer in general.

• Like 3

Posted

Basically repeating my post in the models thread but:

The start of June 2016 is reminding me of June 2014 where it was uncertain what way the month would go; shortly before June 2014 started, low pressure was forecast to be dominant after the first few days, it was all doom and gloom with people lamenting that the previous hot spell in early/mid May 2014 would be 'it' for hot and sunny weather and that summer would be horrible from then on but later on the High Pressure set up close by and remained that way keeping the Atlantic influence more minimal. I remember forecasters describing June 2014 as a 'sun or bust' scenario and that's what we're looking at now. Still uncertain but from what I can gather there's either the possibility of the European High Pressure or a trough with low pressure becoming more influential over the UK according to the last EC32 model.  Don't put too much though into Matt Hugo's tweet from Monday as the EC32 is constantly changing and the trough and low pressure dominance is only a reflection of one potential output for June - lets not forget that the extremely hot outcome for the last week of May he was previously backing did not come off. Hopefully the first option will win out. My feeling is that June and the summer in general will be a mixed month/season of some warm/hot periods mixed with some cooler/unsettled periods with not one weather type being particularly dominant (like 2014). BBC and Met Office seem to think the same thing.  

Edited by wishingforsnow

Posted

Its not looking to bad for the weekend and into next week. the N/Ne are gone...you cant really say what will happen after next week...so  the more good days we get the better.. and its not to bad a start to summer..Last june here was cold here.  dry but cold... hopefully will see higher temps and that looks on   in the nearness of time.

Edited by weatherguru14

Posted

Also the Jet Stream isn't strong like it was in Winter and we are not in a Solar Minimum period. Said this in the Models thread but even with a La Nina present by the end of Summer, these are two factors that mean we should be spared from a 2007/2012 style Summer for the most part anyway :) (During those years and for much of the late 00s, there was a weak Jet Stream in Winter-Spring making for settled cold/warmer than average weather and it kicked in by Summer, which coupled with the solar minimum, made for a washout or below par summer season).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Even i must agree,a tad cool in my neck of the woods for the last to days,still don't buy into any kind of big heat build up in june at all,may get localised heat for day or two but nothing sustained.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Changes are coming this weekend and more especially next week as we begin to introduce a more humid and thundery set up temps in the south getting to at least the mid 20's possibly higher

2535354.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/36429366

• Like 4

Posted
On 31/05/2016 at 21:04, cheese said:

Yes, please - a SWly would be great right about now. This grey, wet weather can be returned to its rightful owners - Ireland, Scotland and Cumbria.

Rightful owners... mmm disagree, it makes a refreshing change for the driest sunniest and warmest weather to be reserved for the NW quarter of the UK. Given the horrendous deluge that was November and December and the miserable after affects, I feel we are getting our just rewards, perfect timing for the start of the summer season, just what we needed. 

• Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, markyo said:

Even i must agree,a tad cool in my neck of the woods for the last to days,still don't buy into any kind of big heat build up in june at all,may get localised heat for day or two but nothing sustained.

Yes very cool today i agree! Terrible 1st June close to east coast. But its surprising just how quick things can change just as June 95 showed and onwards going from very cool to incredible heat. By sunday things will feel very different:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, damianslaw said:

Rightful owners... mmm disagree, it makes a refreshing change for the driest sunniest and warmest weather to be reserved for the NW quarter of the UK. Given the horrendous deluge that was November and December and the miserable after affects, I feel we are getting our just rewards, perfect timing for the start of the summer season, just what we needed. 

Exactly.. it makes a refreshing change because the type of weather we've had for the past 2 days is what you guys should be getting instead. It's the natural order of things. :nonono:

Plus, I think you'll find Yorkshire was also severely impacted by flooding in December, particularly York which was practically submerged. 

Edited by cheese

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well Summer 2016 has begun on an absolutely filthy note here, copious gloom, wind, drizzle and November-like maximum temperatures. Not a single minute of sunshine in 48 hours. Cannot wait for this predicted warm-up. Nice to see areas in the N and W getting a period of lovely sunshine and warmth, well deserved after the horrors inflicted by our 'benign' climate in recent years! 

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, weatherguru14 said:

just been outside.. that wind is ridiculous.. feels more like febuary then the first day of June.. Thankfully things are changing.:D

We had branches blown off trees! Ive seen better days on November 1st.

Posted

November was  pretty mild last year  if i recall correctly..we got a weird climate in the UK.it could be knocking on for 29/30c next week. I didnt take that serious at all, untill i heard the forecast mid 20s of maybe higher..Hopefully after that we'll see it remain avergae or slightly above for along period.. :yahoo:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

Well Summer 2016 has begun on an absolutely filthy note here, copious gloom, wind, drizzle and November-like maximum temperatures. Not a single minute of sunshine in 48 hours. Cannot wait for this predicted warm-up. Nice to see areas in the N and W getting a period of lovely sunshine and warmth, well deserved after the horrors inflicted by our 'benign' climate in recent years! 

Yep, in fact November 01st 2015 was ten times more summery than today haha - sunny and 18C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

You wouldn't think we were under upper temperatures of 10c given how cool it has been over eastern parts. I guess that's the price to pay for being sat next to a large relatively cold North Sea, while the further away you go the better it has been. For the 3rd night in a row I'm laying in bed listening to howling winds outside. 

Edited by Milhouse

Posted
2 hours ago, Weather-history said:

Typical that the first day of summer is greeted with cloud. Notable how rain threats around here have failed to appear in the last few days.

It's interesting how close we were to the edge of the cloud in the Manchester area today as well, I went to Liverpool this evening and it was bright and sunny and noticeably warmer. The cloud began to lift considerably once I got to the Warrington area.

In fact it looks like you saw a lot more blue sky in Irlam than I did in Denton- really fine margins at the moment.

Edited by Scorcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
17 minutes ago, Scorcher said:

It's interesting how close we were to the edge of the cloud in the Manchester area today as well, I went to Liverpool this evening and it was bright and sunny and noticeably warmer. The cloud began to lift considerably once I got to the Warrington area.

In fact it looks like you saw a lot more blue sky in Irlam than I did in Denton- really fine margins at the moment.

Yes was a very dull day here in the Oldham area too with no blue sky at all - a consequence of being further east & closer to the main bulk of cloud cover generated by the north sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
27 minutes ago, Milhouse said:

You wouldn't think we were under upper temperatures of 10c given how cool it has been over eastern parts. I guess that's the price to pay for being sat next to a large relatively cold North Sea, while the further away you go the better it has been. For the 3rd night in a row I'm laying in bed listening to howling winds outside. 

I want to see something like your avatar.. what a dream come true that would be.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Horrid day yesterday. No sunshine at all, not even a hint of brightness! Today started in a similar vain but in the last 10 minute's there is a sliver of blue sky to my north. 

Posted

The weather has been absolutely marvellous in the NW for about a week now. Generally clear blue skies and maxes of 20 degrees. The weekend looks a scorcher too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

3rd horrid day in a row here but a few extremely brief breaks in the cloud today. Nowhere near as dark and gloomy as yesterday, thankfully but still the unrelenting N wind howls on and temperatures scraping barely above November values. Yuck!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Some patches of blue sky becoming visible now over Darlington its certainly not as dull today as the past few days