Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm & Convective Discussion April 2016 Onwards

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

Gonna be driving into it. Heading to Cambridge for work.

Posted

Thunder near Warminster, I've been tracking a discrete cell which popped up to the South and it's slowly edged this way and begun to backbuild, it's the backbuilt part which has turned pink on the radar and produced 3 rumbles in the last few minutes.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
13 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Thunder near Warminster, I've been tracking a discrete cell which popped up to the South and it's slowly edged this way and begun to backbuild, it's the backbuilt part which has turned pink on the radar and produced 3 rumbles in the last few minutes.

Hope to see this build further cells as could be a good day for this region, into the West Midlands!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Hello everyone, looks like East Anglia is getting their fair share of thunderstorm this afternoon! I bet @Greenday is happy! There's a band now moving in from the south which has some rather intense echoes on it, whether or not it will electrify is another story, but unlikely. Even so, this rain could be quite intense and could cause some localised flooding, some thunder would be nice though! :D

Also, another time to watch is early on tomorrow morning as the area of low pressure passes just to the west of here. There could well be some slow moving, heavy and thundery showers through the morning! :D

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
9 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

That arc of precip in the channel looks like it could cause some drama when it hits land

Really thought it would just be rain, can see it, looks frontal.

• Like 1

Posted

Odd seemingly pulse type storm, 4 rumbles in 4 minutes then quiet, a torrential downpour including marble hail and now it's cleared away to warm sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
13 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Interesting for the Midlands over the next few hours..

2016-04-14.png

only consolation for me looking at this is it all looks just North of me (grasping for straws)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Evident the amount of sun over EA has helped that storm. Elsewhere is a bit of a mess tbh so thunder risk low imo today. Could easily be wrong and it is warm here but just seems too much cloud for my liking.

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

The area of rain moving up from the South isnt that convective, quite heavy yeah but thats about it im afraid, for the Southern and  South Eastern  coastal areas theres a feature tomorrow Afternoon that has caught my Interest, looks like an area of heavy elevated Showers could push in behind the first area of rain that passes through Friday Morning, which as well does look quite intense and may even have the odd rumble of thunder in and that looks a little more favourable for parts of the South West. But my main focus as i have just mentioned is Tomorrow Afternoon, think there could be a couple of surprises, but we shall see.

• Like 2

Posted

All of a sudden, the low cloud breaks to leave an unstable looking sky!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Evident the amount of sun over EA has helped that storm. Elsewhere is a bit of a mess tbh so thunder risk low imo today.

Yep Costa  not expecting a lot today  A little to early uin the season

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Stormyking said:

The area of rain moving up from the South isnt that convective, quite heavy yeah but thats about it im afraid, for the Southern and  South Eastern  coastal areas theres a feature tomorrow Afternoon that has caught my Interest, looks like an area of heavy elevated Showers could push in behind the first area of rain that passes through Friday Morning, which as well does look quite intense and may even have the odd rumble of thunder in and that looks a little more favourable for parts of the South West. But my main focus as i have just mentioned is Tomorrow Afternoon, think there could be a couple of surprises, but we shall see.

I saw the BBC news forecast at 1.30pm and they had potentionally heavy rain in se tomorrow afternoon perhaps that was it that caught your attention

6 minutes ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Evident the amount of sun over EA has helped that storm. Elsewhere is a bit of a mess tbh so thunder risk low imo today. Could easily be wrong and it is warm here but just seems too much cloud for my liking.

Said it earlier and will say it again it looks as though there is way too much cloud cover, like always the places that got (getting) the sun have storms

• Like 1

Posted

i was about to ask if those storms had missed Norwich then saw the radar and got my answer

Posted
1 minute ago, Gordon Webb said:

I saw the BBC news forecast at 1.30pm and they had potentionally heavy rain in se tomorrow afternoon perhaps that was it that caught your attention

I didnt watch the bbc, but theres a few indications on the high res charts and closer view of the GFS of some really heavy convective showers/rain which looks thundery to me moving in behind the first lot of rain tomorrow morning, and these intense convective pockets after look elevated, and could affect anywhere from the South to South East Coast, of coarse things could change but it still of interest.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Stormyking said:

I didnt watch the bbc, but theres a few indications on the high res charts and closer view of the GFS of some really heavy convective showers/rain which looks thundery to me moving in behind the first lot of rain tomorrow morning, and these intense convective pockets after look elevated, and could affect anywhere from the South to South East Coast, of coarse things could change but it still of interest.

What do you think for us, SK?

Posted

Mid level instability has just exploded to the south here! https://video.nest.com/live/Atmiip

Altocumulus Castellanus and Altocumulus Undulatus cloud now starting to form!

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

cant speak for the charts but the BBC graphics didnt show anything for what that is worth

Posted
2 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

Your best bet will probably be Tomorrow morning, the first wave of rain tomorrow does look heavy and convective so there is a risk there for something thundery towards your area, though a fairly low risk, don't be surprised, just keep your eyes peeled :D 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Your best bet will probably be Tomorrow morning, the first wave of rain tomorrow does look heavy and convective so there is a risk there for something thundery towards your area, though a fairly low risk, don't be surprised, just keep your eyes peeled :D 

Fantastic! :D