Storm & Convective Discussion April 2016 Onwards

Liam J

Posted

Looks like a storm is developing right overhead here

convergence zone right over my head today

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Huge cumulus has bgan shooting up to our Northwest, gone up like a rocket! looks like we shall be doing a chase in the hampshire region with live stream!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

We have lift off! Definitely the formation of showers becoming evident especially across S Wales, SW England!

Posted

Boat is booked within the next hour, getting into position, got our perfect set up, radar, go pro, live stream which ill try and find a way to share on here, cameras and of coarse money Mcdonalds!

• Like 6

Posted
25 minutes ago, Stormyking said:

Huge cumulus has bgan shooting up to our Northwest, gone up like a rocket! looks like we shall be doing a chase in the hampshire region with live stream!

Yes can see that cloud near Southampton, although convection is waxing and waning. I can see faint streaks of rain falling from it..hopefully bodes well for more Southern regions today

Posted
Just now, Hector the Convector said:

Yes can see that cloud near Southampton, although convection is waxing and waning. I can see faint streaks of rain falling from it..hopefully bodes well for more Southern regions today

I expect further cells to go up towards late Afternoon in the hampshire region, which if they do i think they will hold well but become more isolated and organised during the Evening due to Nocturnal cloud top cooling, hope so anyway as 41 pound for the boat has been paid already :diablo:

Posted
1 minute ago, Stormyking said:

I expect further cells to go up towards late Afternoon in the hampshire region, which if they do i think they will hold well but become more isolated and organised during the Evening due to Nocturnal cloud top cooling, hope so anyway as 41 pound for the boat has been paid already :diablo:

Fingers crossed! I may chase too if the storms fire a bit closer to home today. I don't blame you for paying the 41 quid! Sounds like the sort of thing i'd do! This forum makes me feel slightly more at home lol. Time to look out the window again...neighbors must think i'm a right weirdo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Certainly signs of convection here, these are scenes to my W and N, might be same areas as yesterday getting any action? Sunny here, am out in a tshirt for the first time this year, woohoo :) 18C currently. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can just see the wispy tops of cbs over Wales way above lower level cumulus clouds. Looks like some turkey towers to the south too. Here - just another pleasant sunny afternoon so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Things certainly bubbling up around here at the moment. Nice convection towards Wales too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm

Someone's going to get lucky later - some impressive clouds to the North and also the South of Cardiff.

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, liamtellis said:

Someone's going to get lucky later - some impressive clouds to the North and also the South of Cardiff.

IMG_0764.JPG

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

Nice ones! Looks like it should spawn a sferic any minute - looks to be trundling just to the north of Cardiff towards Newport at present.

Can see some nice towers going up to the south too at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Looking West towards Wales

tmp_16772-20160413_1421471546523414.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

The view to my south. This from nothing about half an hour ago. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by matt111
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Certainly busy around France..

2016-04-13.png

Yes, it's amazing over here in Limousin. I'm surrounded by t-storms. Nearly constant thunder and some incredible CGs and ICs. Hail is starting again now...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Yes, it's amazing over here in Limousin. I'; surrounded by t-storms. Nearly constant thunder and some incredible CGs and ICs. Hail is starting again now...

Sounds amazing. Some of the best storms that I've seen were in France during a cycling trip...it's the place to be! Can you share any pics/videos? :-)

Posted

Surprised there are no strikes over Wales yet, clouds are looking good in that direction!