Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Radar App & Net Weather Extra Link?

Tim

Posted

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a way of the storm radar app to know if you're a Net Weather Extra subscriber so you can use the extra features within the app itself? 

Posted

Hi Tim, we're definitely planning to bring the Extra radar to an app, not sure it'll be part of the storm radar app or standalone at this point - but watch this space so to speak.

Posted

Ok thanks Paul :)

When you say watch this space is it likely to be ready this summer?

Posted

Honest answer is I'm not sure at this stage! I think it's quite possible it will be, but we're just working out our development schedule for the next few months at the moment. 

• 2 months later...
Posted

Is there any chance of having Birmingham more clearly marked on the map - you have to zoom right in to locate it which is a pain when trying to take an overview of a wide area.  Given it's the second largest city in the country if would make it a lot more user friendly to those of us in the West Mids.

thanks

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't seem to stay logged in across different devices any more. If I switch to the tablet, my phone and PC log out, if i'm logged in to my phone, and then log in to the PC later, the phone logs out.

Posted
On 14/06/2016 at 13:03, hammerb32 said:

Is there any chance of having Birmingham more clearly marked on the map - you have to zoom right in to locate it which is a pain when trying to take an overview of a wide area.  Given it's the second largest city in the country if would make it a lot more user friendly to those of us in the West Mids.

thanks

Are you on the app, or the radar page on the website? On the app, it's a google map, so not something we can control I'm afraid. On the website we're planning to update the maps fairly soon, which may help :) 

On 14/06/2016 at 18:31, Mapantz said:

I can't seem to stay logged in across different devices any more. If I switch to the tablet, my phone and PC log out, if i'm logged in to my phone, and then log in to the PC later, the phone logs out.

Not sure why that should happen, unless you're maybe using a couple of different ip addresses perhaps? If you're using the data saver in chrome on your phone/tab that proxies your connection through google ip's which would potentially log out the other devices. 

Posted

I don't use Chrome on any of my devices. They're all on the same network, so they have the same IP. It started when the V7 went live.

Posted

There weren't any changes to the login system at that point, so shouldn't have made any difference. Do you definitely not use a data saver of some sort, or vpn, on whichever browser you're using? Or perhaps have allowed someone else to use your login at some point, which they may still be doing?

Posted
On 16/06/2016 at 16:07, Paul said:

There weren't any changes to the login system at that point, so shouldn't have made any difference. Do you definitely not use a data saver of some sort, or vpn, on whichever browser you're using? Or perhaps have allowed someone else to use your login at some point, which they may still be doing?

Only just seen the reply, I do apologise.

Definitely not given out the password. I sat at the PC with both the tablet and phone, as soon as I logged into the radar  via the phone and refreshed the browser on the PC, I was logged out. The same goes for the phone when I log back in on the PC. It's weird, but it never used to do it.

Posted
5 hours ago, Mapantz said:

Only just seen the reply, I do apologise.

Definitely not given out the password. I sat at the PC with both the tablet and phone, as soon as I logged into the radar  via the phone and refreshed the browser on the PC, I was logged out. The same goes for the phone when I log back in on the PC. It's weird, but it never used to do it.

No worries. I can't recreate that here at all, is it still happening for you?

Posted
3 hours ago, Paul said:

No worries. I can't recreate that here at all, is it still happening for you?

It seems to be ok now, I'm not getting logged out when switching between devices. :yahoo:

Very strange! 

• Like 1