Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2016/04/26/basis00/ukuk/prty/16042800_2600.gif

Reports of snow in mumbles this morning - quite amazing for this time of year

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Yes indeed andy a nice clump of showers are on there way now on the radar,can see a shower coming in,looks interesting.

Had another wintry dusting this morning and its colder at -0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

On my way back from Cardiff today along the M4 encountered a heavy ice rain/sleet shower around the Rhondda section, temperatures dropped quickly on the car thermometer and could see ice on the windscreen wiper very briefly!

Posted

major soft hail shower here - everything going white

beacons looking pretty white too

Penyfan april 27th 2016.jpg

Edited by andymusic

Posted

met office website hacked today or someone went on the "pop" lol

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow for Wales : Cardiff, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 2100 Thu 05 May to 2200 Thu 05 May

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales : Conwy, Denbighshire & Flintshire valid from 2100 Thu 05 May to 2200 Thu 05 May

apart from that chance of some thunderstorms this weekend and into next week in Wales - finally the sunny warmth has arrived

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for Wales

Yellow Warning of Rain for Wales : Flintshire, Wrexham, Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Isle of Anglesey, Pembrokeshire & Swansea valid from 0600 Sat 07 May to 2300 Sat 07 May

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Heard some distant rumbles of thunder to the north just now - probably beyond Cardigan - is anyone directly under this storm right now?  

Posted

The skies here have looked positively Mediterranean over the last three days but temperatures have been kept in check by the N / NE wind unless you are sheltered.   We recorded 20 C yesterday and I can't help feeling slightly puzzled that all the news is about rain in the south-east.   Today could be an even day looking at the forecast.  Might even have to get the watering can out - now where did I leave it...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Very hot today here in Cardiff. Net weather forecast has a thunderstorm forecast this evening, nothing on the met office's forecast though. I am really hoping net weather are right, nothing on the radar of interest yet.

Posted

Its the turn of east wales to get some beautiful TCU into CB clouds the last hour from before 5pm to the NW and north of here frequent distant thunder from the first as it developed,great day in all.

Did see those distant CB clouds yesterday,day before.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/blitzortung/europe/index.php

• 1 month later...
Posted

Unbroken damp foggy conditions and drizzle on Thursday, Friday and Saturday with only a few hours of clear sky here yesterday.  Misty conditions back this morning - is this really July?  I can't wait to see the sun properly again so this heatwave had better deliver!  It's a little brighter now so hopefully by mid morning it might look like a summers day......   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

We had 3 days of rain and fog - felt like autumn almost but today is completely different! Sunny and feeling very warm already, temp reading 23.1C already!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
1 hour ago, DeepSnow said:

We had 3 days of rain and fog - felt like autumn almost but today is completely different! Sunny and feeling very warm already, temp reading 23.1C already!

Yes the last 3 days has been horrible! The sun is a welcome change and its warming up nicely. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

It's way too hot for me. 28.2c in Cardiff at the moment and my head is banging. I wish those thunder storms were heading for us tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to a cooler Wednesday and Thursday.

Edited by Clair_Witch

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Sea fog yesterday stretching inland as far as Beddgelert where it was rolling over the hill tops. 

Today started off the same until midday and then the fog lifted and a stonking scorcher of a day!

Posted

Yeah!  Summer has arrived!  Cloudless blue sky, 24c already, might make 29c later.  That's what I call a change for the better.  Shame it's only going to be a one day wonder......but mustn't grumble.  Perhaps we'll get a rerun in early August.

Posted

Well yesterday was definitely hot! We reached 31.9C here which in work was a bit much for me! 23.3C currently now but today should be cooler thankfully!  

Posted
On 19 July 2016 at 08:14, Sky Full said:

Yeah!  Summer has arrived!  Cloudless blue sky, 24c already, might make 29c later.  That's what I call a change for the better.  Shame it's only going to be a one day wonder......but mustn't grumble.  Perhaps we'll get a rerun in early August.

What a difference a week makes.   I said I mustn't grumble, but I can't help it.  Sunday - washout.   Monday - drizzle most of the morning, a few sunnier intervals in the afternoon.  Tuesday - mostly a washout in heavy drizzle (despite radars showing no rain!).  Today - drizzle this morning, then heavy cloud with no sight of the sun.  It's warm enough but the garden really needs a few dry and sunny days to go with the wet ones......  Looks like we've got to endure another week of cloudy skies before there's any prospect of a summers day here again.  Is this what global warming has done for us?

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Steady rain this morning turned to blustery, sometimes heavy, showers this afternoon.  The rain has stopped for now but the wind is now steadily rising.  I don't like this for the middle of August, thank you very much.  If this is what August can deliver what can we expect in November?