Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
27 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

More showers ,quite miserable :(....

Another dry day here, reservoirs are almost empty, standpipes are set up and the lawn has turned to brown dust.

is there no end to this damn drought.

• Like 1

Posted

Missed most of the showers today but fresh wind.  I bet more of us will experience the showers tomorrow, with an even fresher feeling to the north westerly winds.  The only wintry mix most of us will get will be any 'hail' in the heaviest of showers.  The sheep on the tops of the hills might get something a bit more substantial.

Edited by dodgeredee

1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Another dry day here, reservoirs are almost empty, standpipes are set up and the lawn has turned to brown dust.

1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Are you shure you live in the north west I and 61 !!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Are you shure you live in the north west I and 61 !!!!

Sorry my mistake, I thought it was the mid west:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Another chilly day with a max of 8.2°C, rain cleared before midday leaving a half decent afternoon with some sunny spells, nice sunset this evening. Cool and unsettled outlook with rain and blustery April showers. 

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
21 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Missed most of the showers today but fresh wind.  I bet more of us will experience the showers tomorrow, with an even fresher feeling to the north westerly winds.  The only wintry mix most of us will get will be any 'hail' in the heaviest of showers.  The sheep on the tops of the hills might get something a bit more substantial.

Yes it looks like one of those annoying, cold but not cold enough spells that seem to have been the default pattern over recent weeks.

at  this time of year though all I want is dry warm and sunny weather, plenty of time for another feeble attempt at winter in about 7 months.

• Like 1

Posted

Some brief sun around dawn but more rain & showers moving back in now. 6.5°C with a keen wsw wind gusting towards 30mph, feeling pretty cool this morning. 

Posted

plenty of showers today , rain, some sleet, plenty of hail, proper kitchen sink day.

the two day drought is officially over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Torrential rain/hail shower going on here and very gusty too

Sky just gone down,oh joy

Edit

Some snow flakes in the mix as well

C.S

Sure no was in interested but Manchester Airport taf

Are forecasting snow pallets...not sure i heard of snow pallets

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Heavy rain /hail shower 30mins ago,noticed on plane finder lots of planes were holding landing at Manchester Airport maybe due to strong Gusts in the showers

Posted

Heavy showers rattling through here at the moment.

Posted

An unpleasant day, heavy blustery downpours throughout with flashes of blue sky but predominantly cloudy. Maxes in the 6-7 degree range. Snowfall down to 500m. Chilly evening, temps an hour ago were down to 4 degrees in a heavy shower. Feeling more wintry than December ever did.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Some heavy showers passing through and windy. Had hailstones earlier today. Looks like its going to be a soggy day at Aintree tomorrow !!

Posted

Bright & breezy morning with cool NW'ly wind, it's dry though. Got down to 4.7°C overnight, currently 8.2°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

Rode back from leisure centre last evening through what I thought was sleet.  Cold and showery all night all the time I was awake and this morning a fence panel in the downstairs garden has been partly brought down by the wind.  Really thought I'd seen the last of the loathsome winter however I suspect the coming spring will be like the past two: persistent PM incursions with clear, cold nights and sunless cloudy days. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
21 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

Are forecasting snow pallets...not sure i heard of snow pallets

Bloody hell, wouldn't want to get hit by one of them..... :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
4 hours ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

Rode back from leisure centre last evening through what I thought was sleet.  Cold and showery all night all the time I was awake and this morning a fence panel in the downstairs garden has been partly brought down by the wind.  Really thought I'd seen the last of the loathsome winter however I suspect the coming spring will be like the past two: persistent PM incursions with clear, cold nights and sunless cloudy days. 

Indeed, it was freezing right into May last year. That brisk westerly just wouldn't ease up. Wasn't so bad when the sun actually came out but that was hardly frequently.

I'm amazed that people can't seem to see that we're seemingly in a never ending autumn at the minute and have been for a few years now!

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, CreweCold said:

Indeed, it was freezing right into May last year. That brisk westerly just wouldn't ease up. Wasn't so bad when the sun actually came out but that was hardly frequently.

I'm amazed that people can't seem to see that we're seemingly in a never ending autumn at the minute and have been for a few years now!

I can see it, been saying it myself.

its either that or the seasons are all running about 3 months behind the clock.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

I can see it, been saying it myself.

its either that or the seasons are all running about 3 months behind the clock.

It's really starting to get me down now. Another horrible day, and that incessant wind! On the rare occasions (like now) that it has brightened up a bit, it's still too cold with the wind chill to go out without a coat. It felt like a dreary miserable mid november day today. We are stuck in Autumn and not in a good way

• Like 1