Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

It's over folks... Summer's over.

Prepare for months of wind, rain, cool to perhaps at times even colder weather.

We might even see a sprinkling of the white stuff.. I fear we will have to get through quite a lot of the wet and windy before the dry and frosty turns up.  

Edited by dodgeredee

Slight nip in the air today, under a cool westerly wind. First day of the season which has felt a bit autumnal. Tomorrow will definately have an autumnal feel about it, forecast heavy rain and maxima of 12 degrees, will be quite a shock after the balmy recent warm clement benign conditions. 

The next 4-5 weeks see a marked change in the general feel of things, as we transition from the summer state to the winter state.

Much warmer than forecast, currently 21.6°C with strong sunshine.  

• Like 1

23c much warmer than forecast, heavy rain earlier driving to bolton.... back home and soooo humid....  breeze getting up though....

Some gusty strong winds here at the moment. No rain though. Has been a warm day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Miamay said:

Some gusty strong winds here at the moment. No rain though. Has been a warm day. 

There is a cold front coming later, It could get quite wild. 

Still 17.5°C here but the wind is taking the edge off it somewhat 

Some heavy, torrential at times, rain passing through. 

Hasn't rained for 90 minutes here, but keeping am eye on the storms in the south midlands. 

Well I'm back .... hello everyone hope everybody's ok. now for ups and downs of Autumn and Winter .....

• Like 1

The updated ECM seasonal forecast from Fergie is a good start for us coldies. Essentially it runs a consistent story through N-D-J-F of +ve GPH/MSLP anomalies to NW/N of UK; -ve ones to S/SW. Happy with that :)

Hi guys. I'm back for the hunt for snow. My new profile picture is certainly more wintry. Hopefully the first real cold snap will come in the coming weeks for us. :)

• Like 1

Yep it's been quiet in here lately.  We hibernate (mostly) in the summer, but start to wake up now the weather is set to turn cooler in the coming months.  The long dark nights could be another reason.

As a region we could be in the 'West is Best' camp again this week, with very little chance of rain.  Could be my 2nd week of virtually zero rainfall.  I say virtually because maybe one or two rogue showers could slip over the Pennines from the east.  There was the slightest spell of drizzle last week that barely wet the ground.  Feels quite nippy tonight though.  Feels colder than the current 9c BBC weather is suggesting.

• Like 1

Plenty of showers rattling through on a cool Easterly.

Sods law because if we were in January the snow showers

Would have hit the buffers at the Pennines. 

C.S

Hoping for a cold snowy winter.... moving house in january.....  wood for burner bought already... got married last weekend.... was 18c and sunny.... pretty amazing for early october.... was in somerset though... life is good..... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WillinGlossop said:

Hoping for a cold snowy winter.... moving house in january.....  wood for burner bought already... got married last weekend.... was 18c and sunny.... pretty amazing for early october.... was in somerset though... life is good..... 

confgrats Will

looking at the latest,i wouldn't think it would be a slow burner this winter:)

• Like 1

Delete if not allowed but please can anyone tell where Mokiduway is up to these day thanks in advance 

An Irish Sea streamer have been developed here with copious amount of rain falling blowing with North-Westerly winds.

If it were two months later, it be snowing.

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1

Not much sleep there! Little line of showers pounding the window lastnight, autumn is back.

Will Wirral finally get some snow this year? Fingers & toes crossed. The general setup looks far better than last year anyway :)

• Like 1