Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Just been to Blackpool yesterday and I enjoyed it with my Mum. I been sunbathing on the front and I had a Ulster breakfast and it was nice. The weather was nice and gorgeous in Blackpool too. It was my birthday too yesterday!!

I might go to Lytham today since this day going to be a nice day again. Also I'm going on holiday next week to Tenerife again from Sat. Next week's heat is going to be a bonus before going holiday. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

A very poor day really.. cold, with constant rain... no thunderstorms and temperatures a good 10 degrees lower than forecast. 

A pretty autumnal day, and not forecast this way at all. 

Tomorrow will likely be the same.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Its started raining here in Liverpool.   Just had a massive flash of lightening and huge bang of thunder. I work in a steel building and it sounded like it hit something.  Everyone got a fright !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

It was a positive  cloud to ground strike.  Very mature dying storms tend to do that.  That was its last gasp.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Oh My God!! Just checked the lightning radar and the super cell is heading straight for us!!! :shok:

Posted

Dissapointed just checked the ligtning radar and the super-cell just a tad east of me. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
23 minutes ago, Lesley Johnson said:

Massive strikes we are going to be flooded at this rate its amazing

Radar is showing rainfall rates 250mm/hr just south of you.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Radar is showing huge storms heading north across Manchester right in my direction and the skies are as black as night.

not a lot of rain yet but plenty of lightening and distant thunder.

so much for the hottest September day since the Stone Age.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Biblical rain now.

Posted

This lightning storm is too close but not quite near enough to see it all!!  :(

Terrible!!

Posted
54 minutes ago, Lesley Johnson said:

Massive strikes we are going to be flooded at this rate its amazing

Biblical stuff in Stockport for the last hour and a half. Streets flooded. Don't even need lights on in my house, the constant lightning is enough! 

• Like 1

Posted

Well it's a long while since I saw a storm like that.

not to much rain up here compared to around Manchester but unbelievable thunder and lightening.

only downside is that outside smells like the worlds largest wet dog.

• Like 2

Posted

Started raining at about 17.30 just stopped raining now! The biggest storm here for a good few years. Masses of sheet and fork lightening with almost continuous thundering rumbling away. Many reports of local flooding and the entire Manchester Metrolink suspended. An amazing evening with some wonderful views of lightening. Starting to feel fresher now!

Posted
1 hour ago, iand61 said:

Well it's a long while since I saw a storm like that.

not to much rain up here compared to around Manchester but unbelievable thunder and lightening.

only downside is that outside smells like the worlds largest wet dog.

Ditto, it was probably the most remarkable spell of T&L i've seen in a good few years.  I lost count of the number of flashes and of course the rain was torrential.  Coming back from sisters in car the most impressive CG strike spread out across the sky.  Kind of like the pictures you see in South Africa or other hot climates.

Muggy humid weather still in situ, it will be the end of the week before anything fresher comes along.

Edit: Just found out the CG Lightning that spreads itself across the sky is called "crawler lightning strikes"

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted

Was in manchester doing a few errands, managed to get back to car before torrential rain started..... Never seen weather like it in manchester....roads were torrents.... Car bonnets deep in water.... Abandoned cars on a few streets in middle of road with hazards going inundated with water..... So many huge forks of lightening and instant booms of thunder... Still 21c humid n warm out.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

What an anticlimax.   1pm in Liverpool a miserable 18C, chilly, cloudy and wet and with just a clap of thunder around 3pm. Wet enough to be a depressing Autumn day without any redeeming features.  To add insult to injury, I assumed the forecast for a dry, sunny 25C would be accurate and left stuff out on the line to air.  Big mistake.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Well that was one of the best storms we've had in a long while. So many lightning strikes and local flooding in places here in Saddleworth. A couple of strikes hit right by the house, certainly made me jump out of my skin! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
1 hour ago, IanR said:

CsQOcLVWIAUL2g4.jpg

That pic is from 2014 :)

Posted

I should have known better than facebook , i dont live in manc , but I know it well enough  to know there are more new apartment towers around there now, that are missing in the pic, :rofl:

Posted

Another warm, muggy day... not sure we'll get any tstorms like the other night, it appears to be the east and southern areas favoured.  It will then be a lot cooler (but still about average for sept.) tomorrow and beyond.  Very impressed with what the weather has served up for the first half of September.  It can only go downhill from here lol