Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The only consolation for me is that I'm in a microclimate and it's often a bit warmer  here than in  areas around me. Currently 17.8°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Back from hibernation.  It is sunny start here with some cloud cover here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Not a bad days weather in the end.

extensive cloud at times and less sun than I'd have hoped but at least it stayed dry and meant that the decking has been power washed and stained for another year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

The sky was red when the sun goes down. It was lovely sunset. :)

Posted

I'm not looking forward to Monday's weather. It is going to be a washout according to my location on BBC forecast. :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.

Is it Winter yet? :lazy:

Posted
7 hours ago, Frost HoIIow said:

Is it Winter yet? :lazy:

Nope. I wish it would come early though. I'll wait patiently. Only 4 months to go.

• Like 1

Posted
16 hours ago, pip22 said:

I'm not looking forward to Monday's weather. It is going to be a washout according to my location on BBC forecast. :bad:

Appears to have got worse the rain further north and set-in from lunchtime.  Typical British summer forecast to herald the first day of August.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 hours ago, dodgeredee said:

Appears to have got worse the rain further north and set-in from lunchtime.  Typical British summer forecast to herald the first day of August.

Frustratingly if it had been winter and with plenty of embedded cold then this system would have stayed just to our South, no doubt plastering the midlands in snow while we ended up with dry, cloudy conditions.

but it's not winter, and not cold so it looks like we're having no trouble at all reaching here.

at least Sunday has followed Saturday in being half decent though.

• Like 1

Posted

Today I thought it would be a washout according to BBC weather two days ago. Guess I'm wrong!!

It is cloudy atm. Not raining yet.

Posted

The main band of rain as stayed to the south west fir once and has a region we have mostly done well today.  It was sunny this morning.  Thankfully on my day off, I've done most of the outdoor stuff because now a line of showers has broken out and its quite wet here now

Posted

Today it just stayed dry here all day.

Posted

Tomorrow's forecast looks interesting with the low passing to the north, GFS expecting 36mph gusts but the temperatures still staying at around 20'c.

Posted

The dismal cloud infested southwesterly doing its worse today - ruining a summers day. Cloud cover down to low levels, temps around 18 degrees at best, and persistant drizzle - yuk yuk - can't reiterate how much I detest southwest airstreams - they are awful for these parts, we see the worst conditions in England under such airstream.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

After a dull start the rain started which kept on until around 1-2pm when it cleared.  Presumably it was a warm front because although remained cloudy with a couple of bright intervals, the temp shot up to 23C. That was as measured using the accurate glass thermo I use for water temperatures.  We went swimming in the Afon Dyfrdwy at Bangor-is-y-Coed followed by a pub lunch at the adjoining Royal Oak.  Water temp 17C/63F which is about right for the time of year.

P8020192.JPGP8020193.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
38 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

After a dull start the rain started which kept on until around 1-2pm when it cleared.  Presumably it was a warm front because although remained cloudy with a couple of bright intervals, the temp shot up to 23C. That was as measured using the accurate glass thermo I use for water temperatures.  We went swimming in the Afon Dyfrdwy at Bangor-is-y-Coed followed by a pub lunch at the adjoining Royal Oak.  Water temp 17C/63F which is about right for the time of year.

P8020192.JPGP8020193.JPG

17°C in the Dee  not bad bit warmer than the sea anyway. 

Sounds like a great day. :-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

What I thought was going to become another cloudfest turned out to be half-decent with long sunny intervals.  However come lunchtime the wind got up and currently blowing an F7 gale - the trees themselves here are in motion with the trunks moving slightly. Despite the wind, I didn't notice any windchill when sunbathing topless.  Liverpool ATIS reports 19C with a DP of 12C so the air isn't particularly humid.

Edited by Wildswimmer Pete
typo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Currently sat by the pool on the algarve with a cold beer and a high of 31c today not seen a cloud for five days my white British body is now turning into a Portuguese brown colour 

C.S

Posted
1 hour ago, cheshire snow said:

Currently sat by the pool on the algarve with a cold beer and a high of 31c today not seen a cloud for five days my white British body is now turning into a Portuguese brown colour 

C.S

Lucky you and looks like you've picked a good time to be away

wet start to the day, here, dry middle, wet end and windy throughout.

But as a certain NW tonight forecaster would say "at least it's mild"

Posted

Oh dear a carbon copy of yesterday but worst, blustery gusting winds and some moderate outbreaks of rain. Temps once again a few degrees below the norm, maximum of 16 degrees. It feels very autumnal this evening, much like yesterday, wind battering against the window and a dark gloomy look to things - far from high summer..

Posted

A nice sunny day today although very windy at times. Max  22.3°C. 

Posted

Autumnal like showers here this morning, forecast is for them to move away with brighter skies following behind.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
12 hours ago, damianslaw said:

Oh dear a carbon copy of yesterday but worst, blustery gusting winds and some moderate outbreaks of rain. Temps once again a few degrees below the norm, maximum of 16 degrees. It feels very autumnal this evening, much like yesterday, wind battering against the window and a dark gloomy look to things - far from high summer..

......was on the "Summer" Jazz cruise last night I have had worse crossings in the North Atlantic.....!

Thought there might've been a mention of night storms in Cumbria in the early hours of yesterday (Wednesday 3rd)?

At around 2am could see sky lit up with lightning from southeast of Warrington to the northwest, was some surprise then to see that intense radar echoes were roughly midway between Blackpool and the Isle of Man about 70-75 miles away.

Posted

I mentioned on the  convective  thread  that there were some sferics around then.  I was waiting  to see if anything would develop nearer to me. :-)