Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Quite cloudy here now still very hot and turning very Humid with the cloud cover looks like been a very lively second part of the night   Temperature now at 28.3c after a high of 31.4c

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Temperature started to fall away slightly now after peaking here at 31c.

a tad warm for my liking but I'll take it over the damp dreary conditions that seem to have lasted for weeks.

just a shame it's not going to last but hopefully it will go out with a bang.

Posted

Cloud filling in from the west after a 'roasting' day.  BBC forecast wasn't all that inspiring for thunderstorms, seems to suggest a poor affair as they trundle eastwards tomorrow.  Tonight is going to be another swelter.  Thankfully much fresher from Thursday.

I wouldn't be too worried about BBC forecasts. We know how bad their graphics are! Anyway, this is now a nowcast event. Keep an eye on the radar, an eye on the sky, and your fingers and toes crossed! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Reached 33.7c here this afternoon currently 28.8c, very sticky and humid. Lots of alto c and thicker cloud out towards River Mersey at Mo. Lots of lightening strikes to the very North of Ireland according to NW radar

Posted

Doubt I'll get any of the action, too far East.  Enjoy it out in the west, it's all kicking off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

It is hot and sunny again here now after a quite a thundery start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Little in the way of showers reached here and once the sun came out it turned into another lovely summers day.

a bit cooler with a max of 23c but the fresher conditions were welcome after yesterday and last night's oppressive feel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

After two very nice days, back to autumn - dull all day, not particularly warm and a shower during the afternoon.  Normal service has resumed.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Wildswimmer Pete said:

After two very nice days, back to autumn - dull all day, not particularly warm and a shower during the afternoon.  Normal service has resumed.

Really? There were good spells of sunshine here right up until late afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All 4 seasons and a good mixture of everything and anything!

It was a bit of a cloudy and overcast day yesterday for me with little in the way of sunny spells although it definitely felt mild or very mild largely because that's just how it works in Summer. 

Posted

Should hopefully have a decent days play of cricket at Old Trafford 2nd Test v's Pakistan.  The bits of rain out in the Irish Sea, is making very slow progress and will probably fragment by the time it reaches here.  Still feel's warm and muggy.

Posted
9 hours ago, AderynCoch said:

Really? There were good spells of sunshine here right up until late afternoon.

Shows the difference 12 miles can make.  Orthographic lifting over the Mid-Cheshire Ridge? 

Posted

Dry day so far with plenty of warm sunshine but turned cloudy now.

as for the weekend, looking like a game of two halves with rain looking likely by Sunday.

Posted

Sunny very first thing then a spell of cloudy misty conditions.

It didn't last long though and now it's pretty well wall to wall warm sunshine so it looks like a day in the garden is on the cards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards in winter, heatwaves in summer :)

The weather is not half as bad as the charts have been showing precip wise. Large areas of heavy rain moving NE through wales across the country only produced two quick showers and that was it, So largely dry and cloudy but still quite warm. Viewing the charts recently you would have almost expected washout conditions...

Posted
Just now, CraigofOldham said:

The weather is not half as bad as the charts have been showing precip wise. Large areas of heavy rain moving NE through wales across the country only produced two quick showers and that was it, So largely dry and cloudy but still quite warm. Viewing the charts recently you would have almost expected washout conditions...

I think it is down to the rain shadow so

often a pain in the rear in winter today

it has come to our rescue producing a

mainly dry day abeit cloudy most of the time

C.S

Posted
2 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

I think it is down to the rain shadow so

often a pain in the rear in winter today

it has come to our rescue producing a

mainly dry day abeit cloudy most of the time

C.S

More rain than shadow here.

Posted

A very cool day, max of just 15 degrees under grey cloud and showery outbreaks - it felt very unsummery,we saw similiar conditions to end July last year, not what you want in the height of the summer season. The 2 day heat of last week very similiar to what occured last summer, 30 June and 1 July uncanny really. Its a hunch but I'm expecting very little from the rest of the summer in terms of sustained dry warm sunny weather. I always thought June would be our best month this summer, and July and August would be dissapointing. We shall see, highly likely the anticyclone we've been craving all summer appears just in time for Autumn..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and sunshine

Hi newbie here ,I'm in Torrisholme between Lancaster and morcambe so think I'm in the right thread .

Posted
6 hours ago, Dr George said:

Hi newbie here ,I'm in Torrisholme between Lancaster and morcambe so think I'm in the right thread .

Welcome to the forum,bit quiet in here at the momemt,but come winter this place will be buzzing(Hopefully)

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and sunshine

Thank you Cheshire snow ,hoping for some interesting weather  as this summer has been dissapointing .

Posted
22 hours ago, Dr George said:

Welcome mate, as Cheshire snow has said its a bit quite at the moment, tumble weed city in fact but then it'll soon be autumn where expectations start to rise closely followed by winter where they are usually dashed.

As for the present, pretty poor start to today but certainly improved as it went on and felt warm in the sun.

could have been worse.

• Like 1

Posted

Yet another very poor day from this sad excuse of a "summer" - chilly (currently 16C) and very dark, more like mid-winter, not surprising as Liverpool ATIS reports three layers of cloud - no doubt to ensure no sign of sunlight makes it to the surface.  Meanwhile next week's expected warm spell has already been batted away.  Why does the UK attract and retain troughs?

• Like 1