Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Another beautiful sunny day. No sea breeze yet  either so temperature still climbing. 18.2°C, warmest day of the year. 

Posted

Very pleasant springlike day, warmer than yesterday and that trend continues into the weekend and maybe beyond.  It'll reach a point were the humidity will rise and it will be hot'n'sticky instead of warm with a cooling breeze.  Still better than cold rain.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 hour ago, dodgeredee said:

Very pleasant springlike day, warmer than yesterday and that trend continues into the weekend and maybe beyond.  It'll reach a point were the humidity will rise and it will be hot'n'sticky instead of warm with a cooling breeze.  Still better than cold rain.

After what seems like months of cold and wet I'll take a few days of hot and sticky weather.

Posted

Anyone got any thoughts on the potential thundery spells, cape values shown on the charts for the region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very nice afternoon after the front petered out, got up to 14°C and felt very nice in the sun... Warming up nicely in the coming days and may see 20°C even up here! lol.

Someone messing around at the Met Office as I got this email not long ago... :cc_confused:

met1.PNG

Edited by *Sub*Zero*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
30 minutes ago, mark blackpool said:

Anyone got any thoughts on the potential thundery spells, cape values shown on the charts for the region?

Looks good for  both of us. Reminds me of the beginning of May 2008. Had a few beasts back then.Also cells  Will be moving west of north which will help a lot. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Looks good for  both of us. Reminds me of the beginning of May 2008. Had a few beasts back then.Also cells  Will be moving west of north which will help a lot. 

Cheers Chris, yes, the direction which they should be moving, if anything occurs of course has got my attention

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
20 hours ago, Miamay said:

According to our local newspaper we have yellow warning at weekend for dust cloud/toxic cloud hitting Merseyside. 

Nothing too bad but looks like "moderate" air pollution for Saturday in Merseyside, but having said that it is at the high end of moderate so not far off high pollution. https://uk-air.defra.gov.uk/forecasting/?day=3

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot

This is more like it: 24C in my (sheltered) back garden and an afternoon sunbathing in nothing but shorts.  Only 6C last night but I suspect this night will be milder.  Just turned off the central heating, hope this is it now until October.  However despite the warmth, I suspect my swim in Hatchmere on Sunday will still be chilly (expect 10-12C), gloves, boots and helmet needed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The pollution particles may serve to enhance the chance of storms and particularly large hail and rain drops. Could be interesting if it happens

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very hazy day with no proper blue sky but feeling pleasant with a high of 17.2°C in light winds. 

Posted

Hazy sunshine until mid afternoon yesterday but then overcast, misty. Far from  any "warm" weather, it was disappointingly cool.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Bright and breezy rather than sunny start to the day but with a good chance of thunderstorms later, certainly not complaining.

then tomorrow is looking like it's time to open up the BBQ.

hopefully after months of dire conditions, this taste of summer will be worth it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Really chilly feeling today. The forecast was for 20-21C today but here it will perhaps not even reach 15C today. Currently 10C and my hands are feeling raw after biking to work.. very strange considering the atmospheric conditions. But maybe a sea breeze is to blame as sea temperatures are most likely rather low after the cold April

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Mostly cloudy but currently 15.8°C. There does seem to be a seabreeze again but it isn't affecting the temperatures here. 

Posted

After a breezy start the sun came out as I started my journey towards Stoke. Was 12.5c when leaving, but can see the haze and humidity in the air this morning. Here in Stoke it was 17c when I last checked. Coming back north in an hour or so.

Posted

Still cool and breezy here.. currently 15C which will probably be the Max for the day. Feeling quite fresh in the breeze and quite cloudy .. no sunshine unfortunately

Posted

21.7°C now and mostly sunny. Feeling very warm and humid. 

Posted

Still really struggling here under overcast skies. Sun makes all the difference I suspect... outside there's a breeze but it's cool enough to raise goosebumps. Not the best day here to be honest. Storms cannot initiate southwest of Liverpool I imagine

Edited by SP1986

Posted

The clouds are starting to develop at long last and there are some potent storms in the Midlands now so hopefully it won't be long till we catch a few.

Posted

Looking at the Lightning radar a large cell with lots of lightning seems to be moving north west and should hit Liverpool if it stays on track and doesnt die out 

Posted

Looks like the track of those cells will all miss Wirral.. but should be a good show over north Liverpool if the shower doesn't die out with the decreasing surface heat. Nevertheless regardless of it, being stuck in work I won't see anything anyway

Edited by SP1986

Posted

Seems to be further west developments to me. Not convinced this region is going to see much if anything in terms of thunder. The storms are waxing and waning, so it could kick off. We shall see, I'm not as hopeful as I was the morning.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Seems to be further west developments to me. Not convinced this region is going to see much if anything in terms of thunder. The storms are waxing and waning, so it could kick off. We shall see, I'm not as hopeful as I was the morning.

I agree on the radar I saw a shower die a death as soon as it developed... just not enough elevation and not far enough inland ... too far north.. same story most times

Edited by SP1986