Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Damp grey and miserable here this morning and it looks like that's our lot for the day. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
24 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Absolute misery out there today! 12c, endless drizzle, breezy! Awful day! 

Can we swap!? 30c here today with 0 rain for about 2 weeks! I need a cool down :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just crept over 10C for a short while at work, thick cloud (driving at 15mph) and drizzle.  Similar at home but no thick cloud. Most strange for September.

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's been a completely different day in the Borders. We reached 13C.

I'll believe it when I see it with tomorrow's forecast of 23C.

Forecast fro 23C here too, and no I can't see it either.  Someone's telling porkies.

Posted
6 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Forecast fro 23C here too, and no I can't see it either.  Someone's telling porkies.

Maybe its right we"ve gone from warm gale force southerly winds with clouds of dust blowing about last Sunday night to  calm, cooler,  humid,very foggy ,drizzly wet conditions currently  and yesterday.      Its these very contrasting conditions in a few days which seem so unusual.One extreme to the other.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The blissful sound of silence at work this morning, no constantly running helicopter engines or aircraft taking of or landing on the runway. Of course that means it's foggy as hell in Dyce and the airport is currently closed (again, after last night's mishap with a 'hole' in the runway). Hopefully it'll burn off as the morning goes on and let the groups of offshore workers milling about aimlessly get out to the rigs.

• Like 1

Posted

Still got low cloud here. In a way i'm glad this erm well apparently humid air (not had any of that) is on it's way out as it should clear the air and cheer it up a bit

Posted

It was awfully murky at home this morning with the lights on for breakfast etc., then a very foggy drive south to near Whitebridge.  This one was taken from just north of the village, looking north wb1.jpg

By late morning the murk had cleared and the temp went up there to about 19C at 200m asl and 15C at 700m asl.  I think it was similarly sunny and warm at home but by the time I was back again at 7 it was cooler and grey again.  So not the summer's day that was promised, but not too bad considering the time of year and what we've had recently.

The plums continue to rot as quickly as they ripen, but there was a noticeable extra colour in them this evening after today's sun - please, just another 3 or 4 days like this and they'll be done....

Posted

Much better today. Heat's gone (all 3 hours of it) lol air much cleaner too. Actually blissful

Posted

A fine September evening here after some recent damp and gloomy conditions. It's been a pretty benign but warm start to September with a few days reaching the 20s, and no minimum has gone below double digits. But despite the warmth, the change in daylight makes it apparent we're in autumn with some residual warmth from summer lingering on but further south it must have felt like mid summer with the sort of temperatures and thunderstorms they've experienced. 

Posted

Well that was a much better day than expected (by me anyway) with plenty of sunshine and a max of 20C...  Another couple of days and the plums will be ready.  C'moooon!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Peeps! A wee bit blustery here this morning and I expect the rain to follow soon. Not so breezy as last weekend when we got some pretty stiff gusts blasting through. Highest speed I recorded was 49.9mph although the readings are usually on the low side. I do love Autumn. The colours are amazing and there's what I can only describe as an Autumnal feel to the air that just make you want to be outside and breathe it all in! Wind picking up again from the south, but that's fine. It's the westerlies we need to worry about and I'm sure we'll have our fair share of them before the winter's end!

Posted
5 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's been slightly cloudier here so we've had a cloudyish day with some blue sky but not a lot of sunshine after about 9am. I find this type of weather spectacularly boring, a little less cloud and it would be lovely. 

Same here, both weather and sentiment.  Looks better (here) tomorrow. 

Posted
22 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Same here, both weather and sentiment.  Looks better (here) tomorrow. 

Nah, same old nottttttthingness.  Getttttting chillier tttttttttttoo.  (Keyboard gremlins)

Posted

Fantastic day warm sunny calm afternoon,first calf of the autumn born,started cutting old beech hedge and cut some second cut silage which rapidly wilted and may be more like hay by tomorrow.Few combines going further up the hill but after the dewy mornings  and evenings now there are only a few hours available for combining in the afternoons.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Sun just come out here but the cars were white this morning for the first time. I'm bored with this summer now and looking fwd to colder weather.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, mardatha said:

Sun just come out here but the cars were white this morning for the first time. I'm bored with this summer now and looking fwd to colder weather.

White as in frosty?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Husband says yes frosty, we're at 1000ft. He says was 2C. I never surface until much later lol so I wouldn't know :)

Posted
51 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Husband says yes frosty, we're at 1000ft. He says was 2C. I never surface until much later lol so I wouldn't know :)

Hubby's little secret...!