Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

And to think I thought this morning was chilly! Clearly 2 early for the light jacket! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Home for summer now....

Sunday was pleasant and still 13c upon my return.

Today has been pretty chilly tbh. Scraped over 10c when the breeze dropped. Meh.

Posted

Grey and grim, exactly as forecast. Max 7c. The (admittedly unreliable) automated forecasts have a max of 7c here in Crail for the next 5 consecutive days! Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Posted

Initially it started well here today then at quarter to 12 it seemed to turn cloudy and has stayed that way ever since. Breeze still strong too

Posted

A better day again but with a nagging east wind,  ground drying up with a maximum  temperature of 10c.

Looks as if the skiers will mange to keep going on good snow on the higher runs intoMay if the models are correct.

Night  time temperatures are still  too low for sustained grass growth and crop sown 3 weeks ago has still to emerge

Posted

Naff day. Started dry but didn't last. Has been alternating between drizzle and heavier rain. Not very nice and that breeze too

Posted
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Was it anything like this @Hawesy

It was exactly like that Catch. Marginally warmer today with a max of 8c. Tomorrow looks worse!

I would welcome the projected weekend northerly, anything to get the winds out of the east.

Posted

Sun was out today earlier.............(Briefly) but has clouded in again with more rain (only difference today is the wind seems to have died off)

Posted

Was hoping it might warm up soon but instead the word 'snow' and it associated symbols have infiltrated my local forecast for Fri and Sat! I know it's snowed later than now before but after this weeks weather misery I'd like some Spring please......

Posted

Snowing as I left the house, very large flakes and 0c. Not going to come to much at all today but tomorrow looks like it may produce more of an effort, even to lower levels. Been pretty unremarkable last few days otherwise so it breaks the tedium if anything

I'd welcome something warmer and sunnier too 101 but the cold threat is usually not too far away until we pass early May so still a wee bitty to go before I dig out the sun chairs and cross my fingers

• Like 2

Posted

Overcast but dry here but very chilly currently 4.8c so I can see where the snow may come from tomorrow and Saturday.

Contractor in spreading lime this morning and I can see and hear tractors everywhere trying to make up for lost time in this late spring..

Posted

Much better day. Quite bright and looks like no rain at all before the cold shot appears tomorrow

Posted

Snowing steadily since I got up at 6, nothing crazy but enough for a covering so far

*Edit. Springtery commute

image.jpg

-1c. Hoping we build up to an actual summer this year as it's felt a long long time since we've had a prolonged spell of nice weather 

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Cold wet start to the day at 2.8c.

Dry snow flakes falling now at 1c blowing about in the wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

A real mixture of everything here in terms of precipitation. Rain, sleet and the occasional short bursts of wet snow. 3.6c when I looked a little while ago.

Forecast for proper snow this evening. 

Posted

Very cold now with a clearance to Arctic skies and snow showers to the north currently 3c.

Fresh snow lying on groound above 750 feet especially the Cawdor hills and the hills to the west of Wick across the Firth to the north.

Fine day to catch up on cattle and sheep records in the house.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Nice live cam shot of snow falling in the Cairn Gorm, Loch Morlich. Should be a good weekend up there in the Spring Sunshine and the clear Arctic air mass.

C

32.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Settling snow and an accident on the mate at Newhouse recently. Looks like it's mostly melted already but there's a picture on traffic Scotland  twitter.Looks like widespread snow falling along the M8 between there and West lothian. ( I don't live there anymore)

Posted

Fantastic day  old fashioned spring arctic outbreak with bright blue skies between showers of hail, grauple and snow.  Remember these days back to the sixties very normal spring weather for our part of the world.  Could do with some heat though to get plants moving properly my agronomist says his thermometer at 4 inch depth near Elgin on the coast was reading 6.9c at midday today. Grass and crops very slow to grow as the nights recently have often been colder. The strength of the cold today has kept snow from this morning on the north facing branches of the conifer woods to the south of us at about 600 feet

Cawdor hills this afternoon20160415.jpg

A snow shower crossing the cliffs at Dunbeath this afternoon20160415 (2).jpg

More snow showers to the north of Tain this afternoon20160415 (3).jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted

Snow showers massing to the north across the Firth.Fairly certain we will be white this evening or in the morning. Very cold moderate to fresh   northerly wind.

• Like 1

Posted

Just light cold rain here but nice to see some mid-Spring wintry ness in places. It's coming to the time of year where I'd rather be looking out for some pleasant, warm weather as we get nearer to Summer but we're only half-way through Spring so no complaints about some late cold, fresh and hopefully clear and bright conditions. Some very cold uppers over the country aswell and under clear skies there could quite a widespread frost.