Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Aye, two frosty mornings in a row here now, has winter arrived at last?

Overnight low was -2.1C with the temp at 8am still -0.9C. Any frost in the sun was quickly disappearing though. Staying sunny so far, with just some light fluffy clouds around and a light breeze. Drove home from work through a rain shower yesterday, which was very heavy at times and just a hint of hail in it.

Posted
8 hours ago, Northernlights said:

-3c this morning again with ice covered puddles. Wall to wall sunshine from clear blue skies.

A picture of Ben Wyvis from this morningP3310583.JPG

A sunny bright day followed although cool in the light breeze

• Like 3

Posted

Overcast, grey and a strong wind today.

Yesterday we'd to open the office windows in the afternoon and double check all the radiators were turned down as it was too warm with the sun shining in. Today I'm annoyed cos I thought my jumper was in my bag but it isn't and I could do with it. I'm verging on cold sat here.

Posted

Driech out there although took a while for the rain to really get going it has set in with avengance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A few days of mixed weather in Caithness, everything from mild and sunny, through cold wet and windy to cold, sunny and windy, sharp morning frosts, hail showers, massive lenticular cloud skies, cats n dogs, etc.  Definitely an improvement on the previous spell of <blank> weather.

Just a dreich morning on the Black Isle now...

Posted

Sat - Dry, sometimes sunny, decent temp, very 'usable' weather.

Sun - Cool and cloudy with periods of light rain.

Mon - Cool, cloudy, drizzly at times ad a lot of mist, bordering on foggy.

Posted

Pish (Sorry) No other way to describe it really. If it's not drizzle it's heavier bursts of rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, NUT said:

Pish (Sorry) No other way to describe it really. If it's not drizzle it's heavier bursts of rain

Here too. Endless rubbish, crappiest day since the last really crappy day.  Could spring put in a proper appearance soon please?  Oh, what, spring's busy elsewhere.

Posted

Grim day in NE Fife too, grey and overcast with mist and persistent rain. Cool too at 7c.

Posted

Not much better here this morning so far. Rain has stopped I suppose but still lots of grey sky about and a bit of a breeze. Temperature has pretty much flat-lined since Sunday morning, staying within the range of 5-8C day & night.

Looking forward there doesn't look like much prospect of Spring springing yet. Maybe Mother nature is storing up the heat for a corker of a summer?

• Like 1

Posted

Back to square one muddy fields and cold at currently 5c.  Daffodils on north facing dykes still not flowering. Going to load some very bedraggled  looking wintering sheep today the last few days have acclimatised them for going home to the west . Lots of grumpy old farmers around just now!!!!

Posted

Started off pretty wet, then looked as if it was trying to clear with some patches of blue sky appearing. Alas, it was not to be as it's clouded over again now. Dry at the moment though, light winds and 8.7C. Looks like April is going to be a cool borefest if this keeps up.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

My weather station is currently recording 14.1C here in Grangemouth. What is the temperature like in areas near here.

Posted

Pretty grim (tedious as hell) few days, rain and nothing much nice. Though even with the cloud, walking the dog beside Loch Morlich was enjoyable last night, surface looking like glass 

image.jpg

Much improved this morning, some teasing blue skies, mist and a frost at -1.3c. Bit more like it

image.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Well its raining again and 5c.  Fields are saturated.  Trying to look on the bright side its as well the barley is not sown in such wet cold ground. We will reduce the acreage of barley by a fifth and increase the seed rate if forced to sow towards the end of April as it will not tiller enough before mid summers day.  This is   a sensible option with such low prices for grain.

• Like 1

Posted

The drab start to April continues. Sunshine is at 13% of the monthly average and rainfall already at 96% [Leuchars figures]. That tells the story. Unfortunately not much to look forward to in the coming week, with winds from the east grey, damp and cool sums up the forecast!

• Like 1

Posted

Another mostly damp  humid  dreich day with an occasional brighter spell.  Ground still very wet so no spring barley sowing. A lot of farmers are busy   lambing and calving   in the fields   planned with better  dry spring weather in mind but losses are mounting with the mud /rain and cool temperatures. A spring  to remember for all the wrong reasons. Currently very misty and 6c

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Better morning with blue skies but cool at 3c with  a ground frost at 6.00am.

Posted

Hey, it's Monday and the sun is shining, which is really, really annoying after a pretty awful weekend. Both Sat & Sun were characterised here by grey cloudy skies and frequent rain with temps maxing out around 7 or 8C. I think I left the house twice all weekend, both times to walk the dog during dry periods. I'd even to stick a hat on yesterday afternoon, in April!