Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
24 minutes ago, skifreak said:

How did that get past the swear filter? :cold:

:D

- but seriously,  nasty weather and short daylight hours do affect my feeling of wellbeing. Even today, I was driving home at approx 15.45 and it was gloomy, darkening, drizzling, with oncoming headlights being pesky. Safety issues get even worse with ice, snow and low level sun around. Can't wait for signs of next spring.

Posted

Finally dried up tonight.Apart from feeding cattle spent most of day inside doing paperwork.Currently starry and 6c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Chilly here this morning at 6:00 just 2 degrees according to the car and a definite nip in the air.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

A ground frost here in Strontion this morning, Nice and fresh with clear sky's so off for a drive to the Caingorms today after a trip to Mallaig yesterday under heavy cloud/rain ☺

20161031_145612_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

4.6C at 8am this morning and certainly feeling 'fresher'. Bright and sunny with a bit of a breeze but nothing too strong.

I could do with a good autumnal 'blow' to take all the leaves on my grass and pile them up into neat piles where it's easier for me to scoop them up. Not usually a problem by now, but this year they are still strewn everywhere looking untidy.

Posted

Yesterday was very dark and grim, the place looked like something from the Dagobah system. The area got more rain over 24hrs than the total for October so it was certainly overdue

1c this morning. Temps in the week ahead look similar to what you'd expect in November which is nice to see

Edited by Northern Strath

Posted

Just up at the Caingorms Ski range with a few snow showers on the tops blowing through, Some nice sunny breaks in the clouds from time to time on the way from Fort William, Temp 3.7c.

20161101_114526_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20161101_111524_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20161101_100603_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Certainly a cooler feel this morning!  Looks like I'm at risk from some pesky showers from the NW so offski out now.  Still not got my winter tyres on!

Posted

Fine bright day cool with a maximum of 8c but with a scattering of showers to the north

.Nice  looking sky with  pink tinted shower  clouds at sunset with a bunch of sixteen Hooper swans circling  and chattering overhead looking for a field to land on adding to the wintry scene

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3

Posted

Lovely day to start November, plenty of sun, temperature touched 10c. 

Posted

Bright start to the day again this morning after overnight showers with an overnight low of around 4C. Temperature on my way to wok was around 5C at home and 7C in Dyce.

Posted
Just now, CatchMyDrift said:

Ahhh, so you're a chef? ;) 

Lol, took me a sec to see that. Hardly, although I'll try to cook up something chilli for everyone, maybe for Sunday dinner.

gfsnh-0-102.png?6gfs-1-102.png?6

• Like 3

Posted

Not quite the clear blue skies of yesterday was a chilly start though first frost on the cars i've seen for a good while

Posted

A nice day here in Strontian with just a few light showers midday. Corran Lighthouse looks stunning as ever this afternoon. Off back to Derbyshire tomorrow but returning mid-Jan ☺

20161102_145450_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Great to see u back LS..and a great forecast...not because it offers snow but because it is written with a lot of technical information but easy to read and that's a skill....sometimes on the MT I find myself rereading posts several times.....also great to see ravelin posting so much in the MT with excellent contributions....first feeling of the cold air on the cheeks as left work this evening.....always nice 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Just found that link LS will give it a read now :)

Glad to see we are into the 'bin lid' territory vs the 'trampoline' territory this winter.

None of that will make any sense to onlookers, or veterans or possibly myself..

New times...

• Like 9

Posted
11 hours ago, edo said:

also great to see ravelin posting so much in the MT with excellent contributions

Hah, I'm trying, but consigned for now to posting the odd chart highlighting 'interesting' stuff or 'differences'. I'm still a long way from being able to interpret the charts like some of the more experienced chart watchers. I'll still too often look at the charts, read the comments, go back to the charts and go "doh, missed that".

11 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Glad to see we are into the 'bin lid' territory vs the 'trampoline' territory this winter.

Nothing like the excitement of taking a ruler to the top of a bin lid.

Overnight low of 1.2C here, 4.2C when I left home at 8am. Cloudy, been raining a bit overnight so a damp feeling to the air and very light winds.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

SS gearing up for winter in earnest.

Hmmm.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcyj121c3

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Mainly dry, bright with sunny spells but turning cold and breezy. Some showers across the Borders and east Lothians, with hill snow, and possibly wintry to low levels Sunday.

Updated at: 0235 on Thu 3 Nov 2016

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time
14 hours ago, lorenzo said:

Just found that link LS will give it a read now :)

New times...

I feel like I'm cheating a bit in that regard since there was even some 'bin lid' action here yesterday, about an inch on the road into uni in fact, so even a relatively normal winter here will feel impressive (and the trampolines will probably be a bit safer here too).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

'bin lid action'.... oh to be young again!

Someone been radicalised?:shok:

Posted

Dull dreich November daywith light rain and a top temperature of 8c

Aurora Storm coming up to see pup on Saturday .Said  I would meet her at Aviemore instead of Inverness.The lure of the first  winter snowflake beckons!!

Currently dry and overcast and 6c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1