Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Scotland Weather Chat.pngScotland Weather Chat 2.jpg

Ahoy their Scotlanders! :hi:

Fresh new thread for ya ladies and gentlemen in Scotland. Previous topic was getting a wee bit long and since Easter has arrived, seemed suitable to unravel a new thread. Please continue your discussions regarding the weather in here.

But not only that, you guys get the pleasure to have not one, but two 'Weather Chat' logos! None of the other regional weather threads have two Weather Chat logos, so count yourselves lucky. :p

Old thread here: 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Attached other regional Weather Chat logos in this thread by mistake (I admit I was in a rush to open up some new regional threads yesterday).
  • Like 4

Posted

Change of thread change of weather after a few weeks of calm drying weather, I have   just been woken up by some violent gusts and rattling windows but with a bright moonlit night.    Some equinoxial gales? Currently 4c

Posted

Been fairly quiet all day but just out of nothing got a hail shower currently

Posted

A very early drive north this morning saw some light snow showers at the A9s 400m+ parts (Drum&Slochd) A fine day followed with a chilly breeze

Animals galore this last while, hare, deer and golden eagles all spotted from the house, with 4 hungry squirrels competing for this feed box

image.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Half decent weekend at times here. Started dry on Saturday but the rain came on early to mid afternoon and it was quite heavy and blustery later in the day. Sunday was much better with a lot of bright sunshine for the first half of the day, although it was far from warm. I got a couple of things done in the garden and even gave the grass a quick cut. I wasn't intending to, but since I was out and the grass was drier than expected I ran over it for a quick 'evening up' exercise (only got around 10-15% or so of the cuttings I'd normally expect).

Posted

Fine  cool dry  Scottish spring day with wintry looking showers on the horizon with fresh snow over 2000 feet  Very clear air and blue skies currently 7.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Anyone in the Inverness area just experience that hailstorm? Out of this world!

• Like 1

Posted

No hail here. Rain's been brewing all afternoon and now it's set in for a bit

Burst of rain there obviously been cold enough to give a slight covering on the top of the hills here

Edited by NUT

Posted
1 hour ago, NorthernRab said:

Anyone in the Inverness area just experience that hailstorm? Out of this world!

Had some fairly heavy hail showers from your direction  all afternoon but none too bad currently 3c though as the last one cleared. Frosty tonight?

Posted
12 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Had some fairly heavy hail showers from your direction  all afternoon but none too bad currently 3c though as the last one cleared. Frosty tonight?

Very cold clear  wintry morning with sparkling grass at -2c. Iced over puddles from yesterdays hail showers Will put a halt to new growth for a few days.

Posted

Clear skies, beautiful sunrise. Temp 0.2c, overnight low 0.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Forgot to check the overnight low but there was a definite frost on the grass this morning. Currently bright, sunny and virtually windless, just the kind of morning to be sat in work...not!

No hail here yesterday but there were a few beefy showers lurking around.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Early morning low of -4.4c, looking colder for tomorrow morning too. Heard from people yesterday that that hail shower near the sneck was indeed biblical

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

-3C inland Caithness this morning.  Cool with a westerly breeze, nearly full sun now so jolly pleasant.

I think we just caught the very edge of yesterday's bishop bible bashing near Inverness.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
7 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Here are a few pics I took when I was out walking the dogs this morning, it was a cracking start but the cloud has built through the day. There are a few sharp showers around this evening, possibly even some thunder too.

a091.JPGa097.jpga106.jpga108.jpga117.jpga121.jpga144.jpg

Daffs?  We won't see those for another few weeks yet!

Posted

Clear night and with the sunset nearly gone I noticed distant Anvils looks to me a fair bit west the last of showers I reckon.. The car temp gauge buzzed at +3.5c there so i expect it to dip a fair bit more with a frost developing.. Been dry most of the day managed to avoid the heaviest of a shower this afternoon with only tiny spots here. Ground stayed dry..

Posted

A fairly bright morning was followed by some sharp afternoon showers.

A photo of the Cawdor hills to the SW of me rising to 1500 feet with still a sprinkling of drifts in the gullies .Quite a lot for the time of year.20160330.jpg

Another couple of photos of Ben Wyvis emerging from shower cloud with a good cover of fresh snow on the old drifts.20160330 (2).jpg20160330 (3).jpg

Currently clearing and 3.5c

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all, fairly begin weather here since weekend, had a few sleet flakes and hail stones last night, but work mate sent this from west of Glasgow earlier this evening. Said it was mental hail.

12923307_10206166914519538_8343013702706575137_n.jpg

Posted

Was -5c when leaving earlier with the sun just rising over the hills and the light skimming the roof of the low lying mist blanketing the fields, would have made a very nice picture was I not in such a rush to leave. Gorgeous stuff nonetheless 

• Like 1

Posted

-3c this morning again with ice covered puddles. Wall to wall sunshine from clear blue skies.