Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

At farm machinery vintage rally at Daviot this afternoon in blue skies and sunshine, warm too in the sunshine after starting out at 6c

Fom the very new 20161001.jpg      to the very old    20161001 (2).jpg                   and our contribution  Currently 7.5c calm and clear

20161001 (3).jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

That's funny... Almost identical weather as yesterday morning with a nearly clear sky and colours with a localised brief shower at the same time! :cc_confused:

Overnight minimum near the coast of about 6C so feeling chilly - anyone had an air frost yet?

• Like 1

Posted

0.5c here at 6.00am car frozen over and grass sparkling no frozen ground or ice on puddles so  not quite an air frost but a big change from the last few autumns.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

0.5c here at 6.00am car frozen over and grass sparkling no frozen ground or ice on puddles so  not quite an air frost but a big change from the last few autumns.

How far are you from the coast?

Can see haar on the Caithness coast this morning, seems to plague them more than it does on the south of the firth.

Strange slow shutter waves... waves1.jpg

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

How far are you from the coast?

Can see haar on the Caithness coast this morning, seems to plague them more than it does on the south of the firth.

Strange slow shutter waves... waves1.jpg

Hi HC

About 4 miles from coast as crow flies and 100m asl. Absolutely calm too this morning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, mountain shadow said:

Absolutely glorious day in Dundee. 

Same in Glasgow. Lovely weather.

Posted

Great day for a ceasarian  outside for one of our cows, vet safely delivered a heifer calf to add to the twins20161002 (2).jpg we had on Friday. Right in the middle of calving20161002.jpg and weather playing ball. Bought a cow catcher this autumn for tractor front loader and its worth its weight in gold for stress free handling off cattle and humans Cow in background behind set of twins was todays ceasarian.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 5

Posted

08.30 - Had to scrape ice from the car windscreen - 3C,  but warmed up in the sunshine nicely during the day.

The apples are just about ripe, and so I dried a few apple rings today by way of an experiment in preservation. There's only so much frozen apple puree that ends up being useful. I'm not sure if I have the patience, tho', to peel and core a loadful.

20161002-P1020618.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Signing in for Autumn/Winter. Awesome weather day today, hope it's repeated next weekend as off on a camping trip. This was taken from Conic Hill, Loch Lomond.

DSC_0050.JPG

• Like 3

Posted

Lovely day it was for a change once the fog lifted.. Was out there just after sunset views were great.. From the western edge of East Kilbride great views straight ahead at Argyll Hills (the big ones at Ardentinny) then from the right Luss Hills then the very top of Cobbler can be seen and Ben Lomond to far right above the Kilpatrick Hills..

IMG_3406.JPG

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes some lovely weather in the highands today. I'm up in Strontian end of the month so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Lovely day it was for a change once the fog lifted.. Was out there just after sunset views were great.. From the western edge of East Kilbride great views straight ahead at Argyll Hills (the big ones at Ardentinny) then from the right Luss Hills then the very top of Cobbler can be seen and Ben Lomond to far right above the Kilpatrick Hills..

IMG_3406.JPG

Where in East Kilbride is that? Great Shot

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

First air frost of the season here as we hit -1.5C around 7am. Some grass frost in evidence and I'd to rummage around in the garage looking for the scraper for the car windscreen.

Started off bright and sunny with light winds and some mist around. Now it seems to be attempting to cloud over a bit, but thin and broken so far.

• Like 2

Posted
24 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep, cloudy nondescript kind of day. 

Posted

I meant it literally too - office of three 50-somethings all having a siesta!  Quite a tune.

The weather is dreary now but zzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz hnf wozzat?

Posted

Fine day again with hazy sunshine and a nice breeze.Maximum of 16c. Another two calves born one needed assistence coming backwards.Weather s really helping them get on their feet. Thousands of geese landing on the barley stubbles.. Slowly clearing the straw bales from the fields in between calving cows.

Cat models   tonight say getting cooler  20161004.jpg       

Another calf  photo .                                                            20161002.jpg

Sunrise  to the west on 3rd October20161003.jpg

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Sorry to wake you lot up.  It's starting to get darker earlier so let the Scottish bletherfest resume.  Looking forward to the weather/ leaf colour change.  A clear crispy October would be soooooooooo lovely...eh wake me up when it happens. 

• Like 3

Posted

Got this yesterday evening from near Buckie.... Apparently it was pretty spectacular at home with big crimson lenticulars.

PG sunset.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Much brighter day so far today but a little bit breezeier. Temp wasn't much different earlier despite the sun. Feels a  nicer day though.