Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
6 hours ago, SW Saltire said:

I'm sure others can top that if they have been to Death valley with temps close to 50c recorded fairly often.

Went once about 20yrs ago and stayed in Furnace Creek! It hit around 52c the second day we were there. On the evening we arrived it was still in the mid 40's at 3am! Was there for 3 days and the lowest daytime temp was 48c on our last day. Absolutely brutal heat but an amazing experience. 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
25 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

How old are you AWT? (Roughly) You probs aren't far off with saying it's the warmest you've experienced in the west of Scotland if you're in your early twenties (I'm guessing now :) ). 

Yeah, it's among the warmest I've experienced here, I've most likely have experienced hotter temperatures when in Spain or even southern England.

Funnily enough, despite a high of 28C and very warm temperatures lasting into the night, I've experienced less enjoyable warmth on many occasions with lower temperatures than usual. It didn't seem to be too humid, or a particulary strong sun and there was enough of a breeze around. Ironically, it's feels warmer inside now than earlier with today's heat being released from the ground. 

Posted

Has felt warmer on nights before here. Really doesn't feel too bad at the moment and the showers/storms have completely avoided my little part of the lowlands............for now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I am in Aviemore for the week and I have just experienced the best ever thunderstorm I have seen in Scotland. I have great pics and video that I will share later. I am buzzing!:D

More thunder heard to the south.....

I am one lucky guy :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

No sleep tonight started off with dry storms with continuous lightning and thunder and has only just given us a downpour Most thundery night I can remember for a while Very lucky to get hay yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well, wasn't that just an amazing show last night? It started about 11pm and rumbled and crashed and banged and flashed through till about 3am! Still very sticky and we've had a good few hefty downpours. Highest temp here was around the 26c mark, that's hot enough for me! Not looking too good today for sunshine, but looks like it'll be a rerr wee midge fest today!

Posted

I was working last night driving about Glasgow and could see several flashes from these storms that was going up the west coast.. Was clear skies in Glasgow so the flashes could clearly be seen fairly high in the clouds over Dunoon direction fairly frequent.. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

No sleep tonight started off with dry storms with continuous lightning and thunder and has only just given us a downpour Most thundery night I can remember for a while Very lucky to get hay yesterday.

yes was bad here to and lasted about 2 hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Can hear the thunder rumbling about in the distance but nothing of interest here at the moment other than rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Thunder started at 6:15ish here. Very very loud bangs, woke everyone up.

Lightening was frequent (every 30 seconds) but not spectacular. 

Accompanied by heavy rain. 

Looking at the forecast, i think i'm currently in a breif lull before it intensifies up to about 10/11am but who knows. 

Lost power during the worst of the overhead strikes but back now.

Have to say that the heat yesterday didn't feel too bad. I expected worse.

However, sleeping last night was awful. A low of 19.2c is pretty tropical, couldn't really get rid of the heat.

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted

Just started to rain here in Thornton, Fife. No thunder yet. Overnight was dry and quiet.

Posted

Like nightime out there now. Street lights back on. Still rumbling away and getting more frequent with rain turning torrential. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Had a max of 27.8C here yesterday. Beautiful when the sun was out but there was a lot of cumulus and stratocumulus cloud from about 11am until 4pm and to be honest there was probably more cloud than sun during that time. Had a low of 16.8C last night and got up about an hour ago which I think is when we started to have some thunder and lightning although not very frequent. Think it's been raining for a while. But from the radar it looks like we're about to get a torrential line of rain and the sky to the south is looking black. Didn't think it could get any darker than it already was but it is

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Like nightime out there now. Street lights back on. Still rumbling away and getting more frequent with rain turning torrential. 

Off to see g.grandson in End at lunchtime. Could be an interesting drive. Getting darker here too , no thunder yet.

• Like 1

Posted

Goodbye heatwave. Some very intense rain out there just now

Posted

Hot 20c ,humid very ,more thunder and lightning almost certainly today .You can feel it coming!

Posted

Amazing lightning streaking across the sky! Some localized flooding too on my commute. 

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain + T&L for the last half hour or so. Sky v.dark. Off to Hosp. in Dunfermline in a bit then on to Edn later.

Posted

Easing off a bit here now but always the chance of more weather anytime..................pretty much most of the day really