Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Managed 25c here in Crail which is easily the warmest day of the year and in fact the warmest day since July 2013. Very rare to see those kind of warm  temps here as the sea breeze usually kicks in and moderates the temp by 11am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

It has rained solidly since Friday. Tomorrow looks like it may be dry(ish) but a chance of more wet stuff later tomorrow. Thunder a possibility too. Terrific summer, eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Been in harris since Saturday and concur it's been horizontal rain most of the time with mist and fog coming and going. Tomorrow looks the best day of the week with a chance of thunder mixed in with heavy showers for Wednesday. If only I was here in may!

Posted

Had quite a few nasty showers here today although when the sun's been out it's felt warm! A pre-cursor to what's to come tomorrow as the heat and humidity surely has to go bang

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, warm and sunny in summer.

Been a while since I was on here.........I took a photo of these clouds above Dundee this evening. Thought they were quite interesting. 

20160718_215848.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Warm start. 19.1c, feels wonderful out there. Going to get much warmer than this though!

Could beat 30c...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

21C currently with 72% humidity. You can already feel the potential for these big storms in the air and its only 10am!

Hello my fellow Scots, I've missed you all!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Hi guys, up in Aviemore with the family for the week. What a cracking day it is, going to take a trip up the Cairngorms as the skies are very clear. Does anyone know if I have a chance of seeing a thunderstorm later on tonight or is it further south that will see any action? WiFi is not great here so can't see the charts, thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!
1 minute ago, Stormeh said:

Hi guys, up in Aviemore with the family for the week. What a cracking day it is, going to take a trip up the Cairngorms as the skies are very clear. Does anyone know if I have a chance of seeing a thunderstorm later on tonight or is it further south that will see any action? WiFi is not great here so can't see the charts, thanks.

From my view, everything seems to intensify and move north towards you, if not a storm you should at least get a light show at night.

Posted

It was good to see and feel the sun earlier today.  Currently the cloud cover is increasing, it is pleasantly warm - 22C with a light breeze.

We are thinking about having a picnic and walk in the Forest of Birse close to our dog's favourite swimming place in the river Feugh.

Posted
1 hour ago, Stormeh said:

I think your greatest chance is tomorrow during the day. 

Seems like N.I is most at risk toniggt, some showers in Scotland.

Tomorrow morning greatest risk for my neck of the woods, then up to Glasgow area and beyond. 

Shifting east as the day goes on.

No idea where the greatest risk is, i think the forecast will continue to chop and change.

Just have to hope we get a lightening show!

Currently 22c, gloriously sunny. Fairly humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
19 hours ago, Richard Taylor said:

Warm, humid & currently a heavy shower above - were these forecast for Aberdeen today?

I'm sure there wasn't much rain forecast for Aberdeen yesterday but that was far from what happened. It was very wet and muggy,  but better into the evening. 

Today is warm and sunny but still feeling quite humid. 

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Thanks Rav - yes, 25/19 was the highest temp/dew I saw this morning - slightly lower now I think but pretty humid... some impressive cloudscapes at the moment visible from the city to W thru N, so certainly favourable conditions for convection etc.  

Posted
5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

27C here and clouding over. I'm working 4pm til midnight today and I think I'll pop in and out of the freezer for the first couple of hours. -22C :) 

That will be quite the contrast! I've been in a -26c freezer and it feels like your nose is freezing up! 

28.9c here. Dogs are sprawled flat out on the kitchen floor, always an indication it is warm. 

Still ok though, all doors and eindows open and a nice breeze comes in. I've had days where you really can't escape the heat.

I have a feeling it will be an uncomfortable night when the humidity surges back up.

Hopefully we get some nice storms early tomorrow!

Posted

After a month of uninspiring summer weather we have the warmed day if the year and possibly one of the warmest days I've ever experienced with 28c at Glasgow airport. And bizarrely it feels quite pleasant for now. I don't think I've experienced 30C so it'll be interesting to see what happens in tne next couple of hours. It's a shame that we don't have a couple of days of 25c and sunshine either side of today, a bit like a northerly toppler during winter.

There's the potential for some thunderstorms later and despite not being a huge fan of storms, I can barely remember the last rumble of thunder I've heard so a lively storm might be quite nice for a change. A warm and humid night to come after a rare clear sky last night. Interestingly last night with clear skies I saw what looked like a moving star, which for an hour roamed across parts of the sky with occasional abrupt movements. It certainly wasn't a satelitte but I wonder if it was some military aircraft or drone.

Posted
19 minutes ago, A Winter's Tale said:

After a month of uninspiring summer weather we have the warmed day if the year and possibly one of the warmest days I've ever experienced with 28c at Glasgow airport. And bizarrely it feels quite pleasant for now. I don't think I've experienced 30C so it'll be interesting to see what happens in tne next couple of hours. It's a shame that we don't have a couple of days of 25c and sunshine either side of today, a bit like a northerly toppler during winter.

There's the potential for some thunderstorms later and despite not being a huge fan of storms, I can barely remember the last rumble of thunder I've heard so a lively storm might be quite nice for a change. A warm and humid night to come after a rare clear sky last night. Interestingly last night with clear skies I saw what looked like a moving star, which for an hour roamed across parts of the sky with occasional abrupt movements. It certainly wasn't a satelitte but I wonder if it was some military aircraft or drone.

This is as warm as you have experienced?!? 

It gets a lot hotter (worse) than this, i can assure you.

Hottest i ever had was on a greek Island. For the week i was there it average 43c (apparently) and was only low-mid 30s for couple days. Into the 40s is just not nice at all, even with the beach and pool.

I'm sure others can top that if they have been to Death valley with temps close to 50c recorded fairly often.

Thailand or somewhere similar would be just as bad with 90% humidity and mid 30s temps but i've never been. 

Florida was pretty sticky from what i remember.

Anyway, back to costa del Dumfries: 

Just hit 31c here. My sun trap of a back yard (despite themometer being in the shade) probably makes it a bit warmer than it is.

'Official' temp is maybe more like 30c, i'll go see if i can get some readings from nearby

Edit: 29.3c is an official reading, still rising. 

Another nearby is recording 29.7c. 

So mine is maybe a degree high. Pretty hot! Doesn't feel 'too' bad though

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just back from North Berwick and it was lovely - never seen so many people swimming in the sea since summer of 1976 lol

• Like 1

Posted

91'f here atm!1   I've just been on a ride on my motorbike and I'm absolutely drenched with sweat!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We had the Bandit out and hubby said his feet were frying :D

Edited by mardatha

Posted

Not as warm over here today because of a sea breeze. 20c when I got home compared to 25c yesterday. Still very pleasant though. Could stand another three months of this!

Posted

Fantastic day, cultivated turnips and fried a lot of weeds and secured the first batch of hay in good order.Currently 20 c and sunny. Was to busy all day to see maximum temperature but must have been the upper 20s c as sitting on the old tractor with porous cab was very hot with almost no wind. Young Mr Northernlights taking in  small hay bales while I have tea just now

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Got an approaching thunderstorm in Central Glasgow I think. A few faint rumbles anf a flash of light. Heavy cloud to the west/south.