Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Not 1 breath of wind here right now. Little cloud bubbling up but not blocking the sun. Another belter

Posted
56 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

About to make the annual continental pilgrimage to find some proper summer weather, sod the north sea 5h1te for a few weeks.  Fkn 11C and cloudy AGAIN today, jeez, it's a wonder people don't just give up and die.  Perhaps this is why the battle of jutland ended so indecisively, they all just got bored of the endless cloud and buggered off home.

Just when I'd given up hope the sun has shone since dawn today. Of course I am stuck in work but the temp hit 20c at 1200 at Leuchars making it the warmest day of the year. Sea breeze has kicked in lowering temp to 16c at 1pm. Still, best day of the year so far.

Enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

Posted

Last day of Spring and it's another cracker and it really feels like summer has arrived. It's been a very decent May overall, much better than recent years and especially last year, with spells of dry, sunny and warm weather. I think the last occasion we had as many days with temperatures above 20C was 15 years ago.

Amazing to think that over a month ago we were essentially stuck in winter with a fairly notable late spell of low temperatures and some snow. That was quite fun but I'm glad we've had more traditional warmth this month though it feels like we never had a Spring with such a quick transition from winter to summer. The growth in vegetation during the past couple of weeks has been noticeable aswell.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes the last few May's have been pretty poor.. Certainly the best May since 2008 which was a warm and sunny May think we had several days that month temps reached the mid 20s.. However the rest of that year was awful.. The year before (2007) had a great April and May then it went downhill after that..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Very, very warm. No wind for most of the day, with us hitting 25.8c as a high. 

Breeze has picked up and sitting at just over 24c atm. 

Perfect summer weather :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Nature will balance  itself out  and all the sun starved people on the north and east coast will soon b rejoicing when summer starts and the warm mist and drizzle rolls into the west of Scotland over the next 3 months. I'm just making the most of this lovely weather here in the trossachs  best may for a number of years max temp of 24.9c today not far behind last year's max of 25.5c 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
Sunday evening haar for Burntisland

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Another belter nice start to june/Sumner for sure I've always associated 1st day of June as summer even if it not official to about 21st or so

Posted

Flaming June

As above May has been a lot better than last year neeps sown less than a week ago are almost through today

.Today is an old fashioned June day with mist and sea fog to start and the sun burning it off by lunchtime with perfectly blue skies now. The  light to moderate NE wind off the Firth has however held  the  temperature back to 14c but anywhere sheltered and in the sun is very pleasant. A month like this will be fine as the drizzly nights give the crops enough moisture to carry on growing..

• Like 1

Posted

If anything the cloud has broken up even more God what a fabulous spell this has been and we ain't done yet either

Posted
18 minutes ago, NUT said:

If anything the cloud has broken up even more God what a fabulous spell this has been and we ain't done yet either

Pretty perfect conditions to start summer. Cloudless, blue sky, warm and bright with a fresh breeze. Much better start to summer than last year and hopefully this just the start.

Posted
1 hour ago, Richard Taylor said:

We're still waiting for spring here :(

When will this north wind disappear?

At least the sun came out today.

Yep when I told folks that  I was going off to Aberdeen to Agri College in the early seventies I was warned about how cold it was there in any season.

It was compared to the Inner Moray Firth     Nothing changes

Posted
16 hours ago, NUT said:

A fabulous few days indeed and wasn't I lucky to be just along the road from you! All made better by dining 'high on the hog' of Scottish delicacies... topped off, on the final evening, with a delicious double nougat from the ice cream van.

Yesterday, a parallel universe experience to be flying from a warm and sunny Glasgow into Carcassonne where it was pishing rain, 14C and a howling wind - very perplexed faces on the poor folk queuing outside for passport control.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Not been great here in the NE as @Richard Taylor said. Lots of low grey cloud and a strong, cold wind. It managed to clear up yesterday afternoon and stayed that way into the evening but today it's not looking promising for a repeat. Luckily we're off to Speyside for the weekend after work tomorrow and the forecast for there looks a bit better.

Posted

Sorry to you East coast people!

Yesterday was cooler but sunny by 2pm. Reached 20.8c.

Warmer today, Sunny ALL day.

23.4c. Fantastic spell of weather (lasting several weeks tbh) and looks like even warmer weather is to come.... :)

Posted

Another wall to wall sunshine today, 28oC in office, glad we got air con to turn on in Afternoon, seems like this weather has been around for weeks apart from the wee downpour the other day. Wee bit cooler tonight with a slightly blustery wind from NE with some broken cloud cover.

Like to leave window open at night but get woken by chirpy chirpy tweet tweets at 3 in the morning, ear plugs help but then I slept through alarm this morning - doh!

Edited by grifter

Posted

I'm not jealous.... OK, I am! :D

We even have the possibility of thunder in today's forecast, & there are some lightning returns well offshore in the N.Sea.

West certainly is best at the moment!

Posted

Looking like interesting times on the old weather from perhaps Monday Onwards. Looks like warming up even more but dry.............................not all the time so it seems

Posted

We've had one heavy shower this morning, with others in the vicinity. Also some lightning not far away from here (off the coast & to city's north), although I personally haven't heard any thunder; maybe others in the area have. Actually quite bright presently, but clouds still present.

Posted

Perfect summer weather! 

22.1c - Clear blue skies. 

Can't beat it! 

Posted

Minima look like they will be much higher than recently in the coming days...

Lows are forecast to be:

14, 10, 12, 14 over the next 5 days (Met Office 5 dayer does not go until dawn on Wednesday). 

We are a little out of town so maybe lower than that but still much warmer than recently! 

Only predicted 20c for today and we are at 22.8c currently. 

Next few days are: 

21, 22, 23, 21c. 

We will exceed those i would assume. 

Tropical! (Hardly haha but given the strength of the sun, at almost its peak... It will feel very warm).

I'd take this weather over a short aggressive heatwave any day! Although some thunderstorms would be nice....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
1 hour ago, Richard Taylor said:

We've had one heavy shower this morning, with others in the vicinity. Also some lightning not far away from here (off the coast & to city's north), although I personally haven't heard any thunder; maybe others in the area have. Actually quite bright presently, but clouds still present.

Nope, not heard any thunder and only one brief very heavy shower in Dyce at around 11:15.

11 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

Flash flooding in Inverurie, Emergency services are in attendance.

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/emergency-services-called-flash-flooding-north-east-town/

Must have been longer and heavier than here then. In Dyce it's been pretty dull, and boring.

Just over an hour to go then I can start the escape to somewhere further West, and hopefully warmer and sunnier.

Posted

Just what the farmer ordered yesterday a day of mostly light rain with one or two heavier bursts will get all turnips germinated. A bit on the cool side though  yesterday but today is dry but very misty currently 12.5c