Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Sowing swedes (neeps) in the old small tractor this afternoon with no sealed cab or heater absolutely frozen in spite of wearing winter gear. Mostly dull today  with  a fresh NE wind off the Firth, little bits of drizzle and a maximum of 10c. Currently overcast and 7c.

Its a job you either freeze at or get roasted at. Sums up May weather but the main thing is that the soil suface is dry  to sow in but with plenty of dampness just underneath to germinate the swede seeds.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hello... been a bit busy recently.

Been spending more and more time in Caithness this year and I've chosen the wrong spring. Nearly endless chilly easterlies of one sort or another with lots of cloud, although little rain for many weeks now - apart from Saturday's monsoon with flashbang.  Looking forward to the time in a few months hopefully when work will be a little less demanding. Life's too short.

• Like 2

Posted

Back from Bordeaux to a chilly and breezy NE Fife. The looks on the faces of some of the tourists in St Andrews said it all...clearly not used to an easterly off the North Sea in late May!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Well this chilly weather down the east coast hasn't stunted the grass growth in my back garden. I'd to cut it again the other night before we risked losing the dog in it. I was wearing long trousers, sweatshirt etc and still felt a bit colder than was comfortable. It has been relatively dry though.

I'm not looking for any kind of heatwave but temps consistently in the mid teens during the day would be a nice start.

Posted

Cloudier today after another not been bad week at all. Might be the same tomorrow too but hopefully should brighten up again by Saturday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Had my first experience of a sandstorm when leaving KSA last night. Not a major one, but sand drifting on the airport motorway, and when the plane was taking off, it was rattling down the body to quite an altitude. Not scary, but somewhat novel.

Glad to be back to chillier, dreich weather here in the borders.

Why couldn't we have these types of synoptics in midwinter. Tsk.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Horrible day. Cold, grey and damp with the temperature stuck on 9c. Had more than enough of this easterly spell now.

Posted

Had a lvely couple of days with warm sunshine. Suuny from the start today but very humid and its no surprise to see a very impressive row of thunderstorms to the west just beyond Inverness, Currently 19c

Posted
5 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Had a lvely couple of days with warm sunshine. Suuny from the start today but very humid and its no surprise to see a very impressive row of thunderstorms to the west just beyond Inverness, Currently 19c

Nice by Wick too although can't compete with 19C - more like 13C, and now we have low cloud (not proper haar) drifting around.

Went to the beach at Thurso yesterday evening and played with dogs, children and a football - great fun, with a view of the setting sun and Orkney.

This morning on the A99 I had to use the windscreen wash suddenly as I passed through a dense cloud of greenfly. Not had that for many years - could this be a sign of a good summer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Only 2 words I need to use to describe the last couple of days.... More please! 

• Like 1

Posted
5 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Only 2 words I need to use to describe the last couple of days.... More please! 

Not down here, I'm afraid, been grey and cold all weekend aside from about an hour on Saturday. Can't wait to lose the easterly but sadly looks like more of the same for the coming week.

Posted

Just like yesterday started slow but not taken long for the cloud to break. Was a belter of a afternoon yesterday I expect the same today

Posted

Another fine day of some warmth and sunshine although there's some more cloud around now and it appears there's a storm near Loch Lomond.

Posted

Looks like that little band of showers maybe moving south. Could get some rain here later

Posted

Yes could see from Glasgow the darker looking skies earlier towards Helensburgh and Loch Lomond. Lots of clouds in the way bu could see the Anvils just. See some downpours have developed around Inverclyde and North Ayrshire now..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Been a good few days. 

Saturday - a late high of 18.2c. Late sunshine.

Sunday - Sunny almost all of the day. High of 20.2c.

Today - Practically completely sunny. High of 21.8c.

Tomorrow looks very sunny and a high of 21/22c. Keep it coming...

Posted

The sun finally made an appearance this afternoon, most welcome and raised the temperature to the dizzy heights of 16c. First day with a high above 13c in a week.

Posted

A little bit of humour for us scots :D

• Like 1

Posted

About to make the annual continental pilgrimage to find some proper summer weather, sod the north sea 5h1te for a few weeks.  Fkn 11C and cloudy AGAIN today, jeez, it's a wonder people don't just give up and die.  Perhaps this is why the battle of jutland ended so indecisively, they all just got bored of the endless cloud and buggered off home.