Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Started off today feeling mild 11c  but wind got up and there were some sharp showers and it is  now cool at 5c with a wintery looking sunset and wintry showers again over the hills.  Hope this warm weather forecast arrives as still only have a pair of swallows amd an almost full show of daffs .Going to put cattle out tomorrow but continue to feed them a winter diet outside as the ground is now fairly dry. Other farmers round about are doing the same as winter quarters become over full of dung. We do seem to be into a series of late springs up here or as Hairy Celt said the seasons are two months out of step. 

Posted

Very windy today(southerly gales) with dust starting to blow off fields,a bit dull but dry and currently 10.5c but feels colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Have just seen the weather for London this week and want to cry. Seriously canny go on like this!

Posted

Got to say sunday increasingly looking hopeful for some flashes and bangs here in my part of the world. Looking encouraging.......................

Posted

Another very windy morning but dry and bright currently 12c but a least overnight it was above 6c  and things are greening up. Spring barley can be seen in rows today for the first time. Cattle lying in the sun in a sheltered spot.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Very pleasant here if a tad breezy. Plus 16 on the temperature. Clouds have broken sufficiently to allow some sun through. I'll enjoy before the haaaaaaaaaaar sets in at the end of the week, which is forecast.

Posted

image.jpg

WTF!

Its gone now but it was showing on the app and website earlier. Wierd!

Edited by Kayemill

Posted

16.9c at Leuchars this afternoon, warmest day of the year by some margin. As Richard says we'll take it until winds turn to the east and the haar sets in. Can hardly wait.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Nice day, reached 20.1c here today. A cooler blip tomorrow and then onto the real warmth! :)

Posted

Warm, balmy day. Tomorrow might not be the same then the fun begins Sunday.......................

Posted

Absolutely Baltic! Grey, a whopping 8c and the strong easterly would skin you! 7th May........ :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Not horrendous but not great either. 

14.6c, grey, slight wind from the east. Much better than conditions further East i would guess...

Posted

More or less a carbon copy of yesterday. Bright but quite a bit of cloud although sun is showing. Breeze a bit stronger today though. Still looking like possible fireworks for tomorrow....................

Posted
5 hours ago, 101_North said:

Absolutely Baltic! Grey, a whopping 8c and the strong easterly would skin you! 7th May........ :angry:

Aye, about the same here in Moffat too. Been dressed in winter coat, woolly hat, neck snood and gloves, attempting to paint the gates. Given up now as I'm freezing cold, have purple hands, numb fingers and with paint blowing horizontally off the brush, getting to any lee-side metalwork would result in me being painted black too.

Posted

Much cooler here today too after a great day yesterday when it reached 16c however maximum  today only 9c with a lot of cloud blown in off the Firth by a moderate NE wind.. Ground very dry so have managed to knock out a good few weeds in the garden.

Posted

Morning all. Great shot!

Seems some lightning returns off the our SE, now forecasting possibility of thunderstorms somewhere in coastal areas of Grampian.

Edited by Richard Taylor

Posted

I always thought it was pretty atmospheric & eerie when we had silence & haar, which was then lit up by a passing storm Doc! I have seen it before thinking back. If the lightning lasts, let's see where any storm lands.

Typical we get the storms without having got any of the sun/warmth!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spicy weather

Everyone but Netweather seem to be reducing the what seemed great chances of a thunderstorm in my neck of the woods. Don't know whether to radar watch or not. I really hope we get some flash bangs. :cc_confused: :wallbash:

Posted

Looks like what storms there were to our SE remained offshore - sky looked quite threatening for a time to our E/NE (offshore), but I heard no thunder nor saw any lightning. Not quite so murky either, sun even made a brief appearance.

Posted

Brightning up after a slow start. Now perhaps that will fuel the atmpsohere