Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat - Spring 2016 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

8" in Fife, Ben will have his Snowshoes out for sure :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Whiteoot here.

Was naff all earlier and I thought we'd missed out and just got rain overnight or something.

Now Scott of the Antarctic conditions with about 1 cm down in a short space of time. 1.6 C.

EDIT Soutra right now. Normally I'd be itching to drive over it, but new car has 'peak of summer hot dry day tyres' on it, so glad I'm not at work today.

soutra.jpg

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 4

Posted

This is not what I'd pictured when I took a couple of days holiday late in April. Still dreich: wet and windy and cold at 2.9c.

Fortunately tomorrow looks a lot better!

Posted

Still pelting down here with snaw.

Lying but slushy. Seems the full transition to proper snaw is a bit further up the hill.

If this had come overnight it could have been really something.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Uneventful in comparison here. Cool, lots of grey/white cloud but largely dry except for one brief heavy shower of soft hail/graupel. Vaguely recall getting up in the night for a pee and watching snow sliding down the velux window in the bathroom. Evidence of some overnight snow on the grass in the back garden but not enough to even call it a dusting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Started around 6am here and pelting doon ever since. Lying everywhere and hubby says the A7 at Heriot was bad earlier on. I was in the mood for this in Dec but it's sort of worn off now lol... seem to have been sat at the fire knitting socks since the Stone Age....

• Like 2

Posted

Heavy sleet in Bridge of Don, beginning to settle on cars. Really dark and grey now. 

Posted

Still lashing down here with wet snaw. Massive flakes right now. No longer really lying though, apart from further up the hill.

Was hoping to wash the car but to miserable oot.

I'm thinking about just going out and spraying some fairly liquid on it then letting nature take over.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Heavy snow here again and settling a bit. 

Edit: And off and melted already! 

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

About three inches of snow yesterday,thankfully it didn't lie in my area,but there wasa covering on the roads further south.Disappeared overnight ,back to breezy,  light showers and ffffffffreezing! Lovely sunshine too,so I'm not complaining!

Posted

The rain and sleet is finally easing off. Notably cold for late April: I've only managed 4c here this afternoon, that would be chilly for January, never mind April 29th!

Posted

After the snow early on Friday it actually turned out a no bad day.. Dry the rest of the day and temps around 9/10c certainly felt better with some nice sunshine.. Looking at the parks most trees still bare.. Usually by now even after a cold winter the budding would be well on course with fresh leaves just about everywhere.. Not this year and only 3 days of April around or just above average with that HIGH last week.. Weekend looks poor and we will be lucky to get much mild air with the cold front looking to be straight behind a warm front..

Posted

Much better, sun is out in cloudless sky and at 7c it's already warmer than at any point yesterday.

Last day of April and looking at the figures temperatures have been below average but not perhaps by as much as anticipated. Most stations are showing negative anomalies of a degree or so (2c in the north and north east). Of course many places saw a decent warm spell mid-month so that balanced out the generally cold theme to some extent.

Posted

1 or 2 showers around today but nothing major. Feeling warmer than of late (that wouldn't be hard)

Posted

Beautiful afternoon. I feel the temperature and see the snow line rising.

untitled (1 of 1)-9.jpg

View towards the old military road from Fettercairn to Banchory.

Edited by ciel
  • Like 2

Posted

Fine day today but  with some small convective showers  with some impressive  cloudscapes 20160430.jpg20160430 (3).jpg over the hills.  Still a wintry look to the sky and  snow capped hills with superb visibilities and currently 10.3c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Posted

Nice sunny day for the most part. Managed to get a new car after major altercation with Turbo on old one.

Ochils still looking rather un-spring like.

20160429_181701.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Nice soft wind this morning.    Cuurrently 11c overcast, breezy and dry   Hope the heat  forecast in the the models for about a weeks time comes as we are very keen to get the cattle to grass.

Still an impressive number of geese coming inland  in the  late afternon to search for grass, getting late for them to head north maybe they don"t believe the models.!!! Only one pair of swallows so far.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Wait for it....wait for it....I actually managed to walk the dog yesterday without having to wear a jacket, t-super duper and a rugby top was sufficent. Even more impressive, the wife didn't feel the need for one either, which is virtually unheard of. Not that I think it was that warm in reality, but after being used to the cold for so long anything even in the low teens, especially in the sun, feels warm.

This morning it's in the low teens temperature wise with a sheet of thin-ish cloud keeping the sun obscured and a bit of a breeze.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

What a wet and wild morning, starting to clear now thankfully.

Green now starting to appear on our trees, Daff's still in full bloom.

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 1