Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & CS England Weather Discussion Spring 2016 (26th March ------->)

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

First air frost of the season -1.2c :D

Didn't hang around long though today with patchy cloud moving in early.

Still can't believe we all getting excited and it is only the start of November but just shows you how long we have all waited for a spell of wintry weather!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Down to -0.7°C here, this morning. First sub-zero reading since April 28th. It was all white and frosty this morning. :)

Temp: 8.1°C - Hum: 89% - Dew: 6.4°C - Bar: 1021.81hPa - Wind: ENE @ 1mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Didn't quite get low enough for an air frost with a low of 0.4°C. Still had the first frost of the wseason though. Feels cold now but temperature has risen to 10.5°C. 

Posted

Cracking evening...

IMGP0987_sm.jpg

Followed by a cracking morning...

IMGP0989_sm.jpg

Although it was probably a bit of a shock for last night's latest arrival...

IMGP0993_sm.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
5 hours ago, knocker said:

Thanks for the update Ian. I await the ecm ens with some interest this morning. The battle between the energy emanating from the west and the HP potential blocking is quite intriguing.

Indeed, and rapidly-growing spread remains evident post-Tuesday. Inspection of postage stamps shows a veritable raft of possible outcomes by Weds onwards (one member even with a deep low barelling-into the UK... just to keep us entertained!). However, both Op & experimental runs of 00z EC do jointly lean to a muted recovery in temperatures after midweek, peaking to average for a period towards end of the week/into mid-month. Tail-end of experimental run then suggests these start falling-away. Nonetheless, given ongoing spread and varied to-and-fro between models and inter-run within their respective suites, it's inescapable that confidence into the 10-15 & 15-30d periods remains very low.

• Like 6

Posted
2 minutes ago, fergieweather said:

Indeed, and rapidly-growing spread remains evident post-Tuesday. Inspection of postage stamps shows a veritable raft of possible outcomes by Weds onwards (one member even with a deep low barelling-into the UK... just to keep us entertained!). However, both Op & experimental runs of 00z EC do jointly lean to a muted recovery in temperatures after midweek, peaking to average for a period towards end of the week/into mid-month. Tail-end of experimental run then suggests these start falling-away. Nonetheless, given ongoing spread and varied to-and-fro between models and inter-run within their respective suites, it's inescapable that confidence into the 10-15 & 15-30d periods remains very low.

Thanks for that. I came to more or less the same conclusion using the EPS means it's but obviously much better getting your analysis using the full suite. The models are certainly struggling with the evolution of the current set up. Sure not without interest though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I've changed my mind about wanting a cold winter, please may we go back a few months and have summer all over again. Sat on a lawn mower for four hours and I'm blinking frozen and it's not even cold yet. Must be getting old.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I believe it's all starting to look even more exciting judging by the latest model output... meanwhile I was asked to turn the heating off earlier and I'm now sat here freezing :cold:

Posted
9 minutes ago, khodds said:

I believe it's all starting to look even more exciting judging by the latest model output... meanwhile I was asked to turn the heating off earlier and I'm now sat here freezing :cold:

Lots of cake to eat between now and then, but certainly far more interest as we head further in to November. phil_40.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Facebook has greeted me this morning with one of those 'remember this' posts. Actually, no, I don't, but according to Facebook this happened four years ago today. Quite a difference to the grey, mild, damp of this morning. Shows November snow is possible, even in the mild South West.

32349_4420826431712_26144324_n.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Heavy rain most the morning, nearly 10mm so far. Was this predicted?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, SteveB said:

Heavy rain most the morning, nearly 10mm so far. Was this predicted?

Yes more rain than I had expected with a similar amount to you.

• Like 1

Posted

I haven't seen any TV forecasts for a few days, but the BBC and MetO website didn't have any rain down for here. Pretty grim out there!

Temp: 9.3°C - Hum: 97% - Dew: 8.8°C - Rain: 3.6mm - Bar: 1009.11hPa - Wind: Light / Variable @ 1mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Was expecting some rain here but not as much as there has been and looks like quite a bit more still to come. Currently at 5.2mm for today. Current temperature 10.5°C. 

Posted
51 minutes ago, MP-R said:

Yes more rain than I had expected with a similar amount to you.

Looks to be finally clearing here after a morning of fairly persistent rain totalling 11mm. Deffo never saw that predicted last night, I thought it showed patchy intermittent rain clearing early/mid morning.

Posted
1 hour ago, Frosty hollows said:

Been raining here more or less non stop since first light, some quite heavy bursts too.Didn't see it predicted anywhere apart from my weather station at home!

Sun's been out for a good hour or so, looks like it will be dry for people who are planning fireworks tonight.

I have a not so enjoyable couple of nights trying to calm the dog down while all the fireworks are going off.

Posted

Rain back edge has finally cleared although there's no sun here. A healthy drop of rain @ 5.5mm to start the month off..

Double figures eluded us today with it topping out @ 9.9°C, and now already dropping..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

I ended up with 6mm falling today, that's 6mm more than I expected. phil_03.gif

Temp falling quite quickly again. It is forecast to get down to 2°C - that was what was forecast the other morning, and it got down to -0.7 so I'm wondering if ice could be a hazard?

Yesterday's timelapse: http://www.warehamwx.co.uk/cumulus/timelapse.htm